Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcism of Emily Rose

sub_x0ne

Demon Possession? Exorcisms? You got to be kidding me! This is the 21st century. The age of computers and scientific advancements. There is a rational and scientific explanation to explain everything in the universe and people still believe in this? With the knowledge of germs and diseases, this person should have been diagnosed with a rational reason why she is sick. I can understand our primitive ancestors mystified by this nonsense but people who are around science and technology all the time?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Purgitori

• FrMerrin

• sub_x0ne

• Elysiumfire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Demon Possession? Exorcisms? You got to be kidding me! This is the 21st century. The age of computers and scientific advancements. There is a rational and scientific explanation to explain everything in the universe and people still believe in this? With the knowledge of germs and diseases, this person should have been diagnosed with a rational reason why she is sick. I can understand our primitive ancestors mystified by this nonsense but people who are around science and technology all the time?

830008[/snapback]

Wow. I can't believe that some people think that humans are so "all-knowing" that we must be able to explain everything in the world (or universe). I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that we just don't have explanations for everything.

Wow. I can't believe that some people think that humans are so "all-knowing" that we must be able to explain everything in the world (or universe). I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that we just don't have explanations for everything.

830018[/snapback]

You misunderstood my point. Everything in the universe (including the universe itself) does have a rational and scientific explanation. Of course we don't have an explanation for everything now. Not yet at least.

how can u b so naive??

EVEN I`M NOT THE NAIVE!

haven`t u ever heard of the old saying "there`s some things in this world you just can`t explain???"

shhesh! some humans are ssooo dumb. IT`S ALL THE HUMANS FAULT WE HAVE POLLUTED THE EARTH!

but that`s another story. i`m gonna rant now about the excorism of emily.

She was the "exorcist gurl" in which everyone

is so afriad to speak of the orginal Excorist movies.

they were very very very boring

I`ve seen all of the Excorcsit movies and they were crap.

The newer one is a whole lot better. Not a whole buch of talking from the actors Just some good old fashioned violence.

Maybe some of you are Catholic and say "we`ll it was a true story and it could happen to you. It was the devil!"

Well you know something? Emily Rose was a WEAK PERSON!

i`ve been told you can only be possed if your will is weak, and as

for the devil....HE CAN BITE MY FLESHY @$$ you know why?

coz i have Jesus, my Lord and Savior (just my opinon and my belive)

say what you want about ym believe. i don`t care. it`s a free country! thumbsup.gif

p.s. mmmooooo grin2.gif

Edit; removed obscenities. Foamy, express your viewpoints sans the profanities please, we would appreciate it as would your 'Lord & Savior' I'm sure.

Edited by Magikman

Anneliesse Michels was found not to be possessed by the German Council of Bishops. She was severely mentally ill, suffered from Grand Mal Epilepsy. As for the Russian exorcism audio ... I listened to it several times. I heard a person making eerie voices in a church. The echo amplified the voice, making it sound more eerie than it probably was. I could make those same guttural growls very easily. Nothing supernatural about it.

I have seen the effects of mental illness firsthand. My brother suffers from various illnesses. He hears voices, suffers from severe paranoia and hallucinations, is prone to fits of rage and extreme violence. It's frightening ... and has nothing to do with demons nor satan. Such things belong in the Middle Ages.

If such a thing as possession is true, the Church should provide the public with video of such an incredible event. This would give the whole issue credibility. They haven't ... and I can only wonder why?

porbably alot ya know but i heard that the tape they play on the trailer is the actual tape of the exorcism it gives me chills everytime i hear it. The exorcist was changed alot the child in posession was actually a boy. They have another movie I think it was called "the posession" or "posessed" it was more along the real story.

I think the exorcism of emily rose will be good wether they stick to the facts or not though.

793477[/snapback]

actualy the exercism was on a girl named annaliese michel and its said that her body didnt decay until 1 1/2 years later and dose any body know were i can find the tapes on the internet im really cousres to find out hmm.gif

826720[/snapback]

ACTUALLY cggoth..the movie the excorsist had nothing to do with Annaliese....it wasn't based on her..it was based on a boy who in fact is still alive and well..and refuses to tell anyone where he's at...which is probably a good thing

ok....everyone is getting The Excorcist and Emily Rose completely messed up...how I have no idea..but..whatever...The EXCORCIST was NOT based on a girl...and it certainly wasn't based on Annaliese..it was based on a little boy in the 50's...he was between the ages of 10 and 12..and is still quite alive and kicking...burying his past far behind him....it shocks the hell out of Me that people don't do their research before they open their mouths...The Excorcist has been around for years..over 25 to be exact...and for its time was one of the scariest movies of all time...thus why it's called a CLASSIC....it wasn't just because of what they did in the movie..but because it was indeed based on a true story..that is what made it so scary for most people....granted they went to extremes..but think about it..it's the movies...horror movies are suppose to creep you out...that's the whole point of them....oh...just a little fyi about some horror movies...in some way or another most of them are based on a real person...Freddy....Jason...Michael Myers...Leatherface....etc...they are based on individuals that did in fact commit similar crimes...whether they are loosely based...or right on the money...they are indeed related...call it My love for horror movies...or My warped sense of knowledge for people that are severely screwed up...whichever you choose to take....I just ask..please please pleaseeeeee...before you start going off about this movie or that movie...get your facts straight....

Purgitori

Some1 pm me please and tell me what really happeed to Emill Rose after that like did she go to a Mental facility or somthin?

Anneliesse Michels died from starvation at the age of 23. Her parents and priest were put on trial and found guilty of negligent homicide.

"Following the death of Anneliese the church recanted their permission, stating that she was merely afflicted by mental disorders..."

http://www.horrorchannel.com/modules.php?o...article&sid=687

Kindly,

Sean

in some way or another most of them are based on a real person...Freddy....Jason...Michael Myers...Leatherface....etc...they are based on individuals that did in fact commit similar crimes...whether they are loosely based...or right on the money...they are indeed related..

with the exception of freddy ... he was a figure that showed up in a recurring dream that wes craven had ... or so wes says at least

in some way or another most of them are based on a real person...Freddy....Jason...Michael Myers...Leatherface....etc...they are based on individuals that did in fact commit similar crimes...whether they are loosely based...or right on the money...they are indeed related..

with the exception of freddy ... he was a figure that showed up in a recurring dream that wes craven had ... or so wes says at least

831694[/snapback]

actually there was a gentleman....I believe in either the 70's or 80's..that did indeed work in a boiler factory and did commit crimes against children....the extreme of freddy was all wes craven..but the basic story of the man was true

I'm sure some of you have seen the trailer to the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose and if you haven't, here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...ismofemilyrose/

I know there have been topics on Emily Rose before but this one is more about the movie  The movie that is coming out is based on the true story of Emily Rose.  When a movie says it's "based on a true story", how much of the story is it actually based on?  The movie the Exorcist was also based on a true story but I think that alot of what happened was exaggerated.  I know that movie studios do this so it will be more appealing to the audience, but does it actually take away from the truth of the story?  Do any of you think this movie will over exaggerate what actually happened?

793468[/snapback]

emily rose is based on a story by anneliese michel.. a girl not a boy

i wanna know where to go to fined the true story about emily rose

800527[/snapback]

I do to im going to do more research before i determine whether the girl was crazy or was she really possessed because to me the story really does not add up and there wouldve been more information or details regarding the movie! sad.gif

I do to im going to do more research before i determine whether the girl was crazy or was she really possessed because to me the story really does not add up  and there wouldve been more information or details regarding the movie! sad.gif

851244[/snapback]

From my research, a few said she was just mentally ill and there are obviously many that think it was possession. I guess to some... that opinion lies in the eyes of the beholder. Unless someone actually speaks to someone who was there, we'll never really know... only speculate.

I think sometimes people need more of a safety blanket to have faith. That safety blanket comes from generating fear based on things like possessions, demons, etc. The sort of idea that you can't have good without bad. I personally have dived into some things and places that I can't personally explain and basically scared the hell out of me. I realized afterwards that I was only scared because I had been told all my life that things like that can't exist. Whether or not it was real, guess that would be for me to decide.

Edited by BLyND

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I do to im going to do more research before i determine whether the girl was crazy or was she really possessed because to me the story really does not add up and there wouldve been more information or details regarding the movie! :(

I guess I am well late with this reply, however, there is a book written by Felicitas D. Goodman titled "The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel" documenting the real case. I got the book off Amazon just recently.

It shows that most of the stuff in the film (which you have all probably seen by now) did in fact happen to Anneliese, but not necessarily in the order of the movie.

The creepiest (for me) bit in the book was when the demon(s) were all exorcised near the end and the priest and family were celebrating, suddenly a voice came from Anneliese's mouth "I have not left yet" - when asked who "I" was, it refused to answer which meant, they were now unable to exorcise it due to not having its name or any other information, which may go a long way to explaining why she was never "cured".

I really enjoyed the book, of course, I know I am well out of date with this posting but just in case anyone is interested I thought I would post anyway.

In the movie twords the end a doctor that is a witness was killed. It just seemed pretty random I'm assuming that part of the story was just made up.

In the movie twords the end a doctor that is a witness was killed. It just seemed pretty random I'm assuming that part of the story was just made up.

Well I don't know if that bit was made up, but it was never mentioned in the book, the 3am business wasn't in there either.

Seemed out of place with the movie to me. Dude just all of a sudden gets whaled and killed and then its never mentioned again. You'd think if some kind of mysterious evil force kills a key witness this might have helped prove their case.