Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A new angle on 2012

jjtss

I hope that someone can disprove this premise, but read carefully first.

the year 2012 is the calculated end of the precessionary cycle of our solar system(it has been scientifically verified). At that time on the winter solstice, the sun will have traveled to the edge of a cosmic dust cloud in the Milky Way, known as the Great Rift to scientists. It was known to the Mayans as the Door to the Underworld, the place where the sky opens (also mentioned in Revelations). As the sun travels there, so too do all the planets. The Great Rift in the Milky Way is a very dense cloud of space dust, so dense that it blocks all the light from the stars within and behind it.

On December 21, 2012 (as the Mayans have predicted) the Sun will be at or on its' edge; the Earth is 93million miles away from the Sun and, therefore during that time, will be WITHIN the "Dust Cloud" for approximately 3-5 months of its' 365 day orbit around the sun. Darkness will fall upon the land and stones will rain down from the heavens just as foretold in the bible and legends of other cultures around the world including the Aztecs and Mayans.

If this were the only danger, we could make preparations to survive this manageable catastrophe. Now I come to the reason to believe that this is a time of Earth in upheaval. My singular fear of this time is: What if, instead of Nibiru/Marduk/Nemesis coming to us, we are traveling TO Nibiru (the Earth is going to Hell?) Could there be a red dwarf hiding in that cloud of dust? Is this what "comes out" of the opening in the sky to rain fury upon the Earth(Revelations)? Even if the mass of that red dwarf is only one-fifth of the Sun, what do you think would happen when the Earth passes between the Sun and Nibiru? A tug-or war between good and evil? Read the prophecies of Mother Shipton for a hint of the upheaval that would ensue.

Will there be a period of enlightenment? Oh yeah! Not only will civilization reach a new understanding of its' position in the Universe and the clockwork nature of it, Humanity will definitely be humbled by the upheaval.

Is there any hope of salvation for at least some of us? Well, many cultures have legends of rescue; Native Americans tell of being rescued by a flying turtle; the Harrapan legends tell of rescue by a flying boat, and it goes on around the world. So, maybe there is an intelligent and merciful power in the Universe that keeps watch over its' creation and will intervene propitiously.

I have spewed my terrors upon you, and if you are finished reading this, begin your refutations.

I will read them all. blink.gifblink.gif

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JAKERZ666

• k7leetha

• TheSearcher

• Emma_Acid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is so much BS and speculation about the year 2012 its useless to believe in any of the theories, just accept that something may happen and do the best you can in life, thats all that can be done, its useless to worry about anything "appocalyptic" which may occur... if it does, it does.

I hope to go with a bang !!!!

The Great Rift in the Milky Way is a very dense cloud of space dust, so dense that it blocks all the light from the stars within and behind it.

Sounds to me that this sounds reminisite of a black hole which has recently been detected in our solar system hiding in plain sight but not seen by sensors due to it being back and no light pentrates it.

Edited by Atlantis Rises

I have spewed my terrors upon you, and if you are finished reading this, begin your refutations.

Please stop spewing on me, thankyouverymuch...

It is all just speculation as it has been for nearly 2000 years. For that period of time I doubt that there had been a single decade in which somebody wasn't claiming that the world was ending.

From what I have read, it appears that the knowledge you have based your opinions on is a bit sketchy. I would recommend looking into the scale and density of the "dense space cloud", as well as our location in the galaxy.

It isn't as big a deal as you would make it out to be.

I remember just a few years ago when all the planets lined up perfectly...doom sayers said the exact same thing.

The world is never going to end......never............

always like to read on the 2012 theories. Thanks for the post. I cannot really comment on it, other then saying, the Maya were brilliant people with mindboggling amounts of time, dedicated to space. At least from what ive read =)

joc is right. The world will never end. Maybe "we" as humans will end but the world will never end. It will not miss us. In the eyes of the world and of lowly rocks who live millions of years we have existed in but a blink of and eye. Yup, they won't miss us one bit.

The world was supposed to end in 2000 and yet amazingly it didn't. Imagine that? I highly doubt that any 'supernatural' occurences will destroy the earth. If this was really an issue, it would be well known and scientist would be looking for ways to prevent this. If the bible is in fact correct, not only will I be going to hell for being a heretic but we will not know the doom's day date, therefore 2012 won't be it. My theories on the destruction of the earth is either we will destroy it ourselves, we are currently doing a good job with that. Ie, Global warming, Nuclear weapons. Or.. if we are lucky enough not to destroy ourselves because of our ignorance the expansion of the universe will cause a big freeze thus ending life. Either way, great thoughts to look forward to. original.gif

Another doomsayer for 2012....lets just die and get it over with....so much drama...

I found this interesting artical.

HERE

The worlds not going to end it just means that it is the end of an age and it is time to make a new calendar. I am looking forward to 2012. On that day I will go out and buy a new calendar.

dude even if it is real, and nemessis is coming for us on 2012 what can we do about? nothing, just live your life then man , relax, chill

I hope that someone can disprove this premise

If you insist original.gif

the year 2012 is the calculated end of the precessionary cycle of our solar system(it has been scientifically verified).

Not it's not and no it hasn't original.gif 2012 has no astronomical significance whatsoever

At that time on the winter solstice, the sun will have traveled to the edge of a cosmic dust cloud in the Milky Way, known as the Great Rift to scientists.    It was known to the Mayans as the Door to the Underworld, the place where the sky opens (also mentioned in Revelations).  As the sun travels there, so too do all the planets.  The Great Rift in the Milky Way is a very dense cloud of space dust, so dense that it blocks all the light from the stars within and behind it.

And it also doesn't exist......

On December 21, 2012 (as the Mayans have predicted) the Sun will be at or on its' edge; the Earth is 93million miles away from the Sun and,  therefore during that time, will be WITHIN the "Dust Cloud" for approximately 3-5 months of its' 365 day orbit around the sun.  Darkness will fall upon the land and stones will rain down from the heavens just as foretold in the bible and legends of other cultures around the world including the Aztecs and Mayans. If this were the only danger, we could make preparations to survive this manageable catastrophe.  Now I come to the reason to believe that this is a time of Earth in upheaval.  My singular fear of this time is:  What if, instead of Nibiru/Marduk/Nemesis coming to us, we are traveling TO Nibiru (the Earth is going to Hell?)  Could there be a red dwarf hiding in that cloud of dust?  Is this what "comes out" of the opening in the sky to rain fury upon the Earth(Revelations)?  Even if the mass of that red dwarf is only one-fifth of the Sun, what do you think would happen when the Earth passes between the Sun and Nibiru?  A tug-or war between good and evil?  Read the prophecies of Mother Shipton for a hint of the upheaval that would ensue.

Will there be a period of enlightenment?  Oh yeah!  Not only will civilization reach a new understanding of its' position in the Universe and the clockwork nature of it, Humanity will definitely be humbled by the upheaval.

Is there any hope of salvation for at least some of us?  Well, many  cultures have legends of rescue;  Native Americans tell of being rescued by a flying turtle; the Harrapan legends tell of rescue by a flying boat, and it goes on around the world.  So, maybe there is an intelligent and merciful power in the Universe that keeps watch over its' creation and will intervene propitiously.

794272[/snapback]

So, a non existent dust cloud will bring darkness on the Earth, leading to us colliding with a non existent planet. But we might be saved by a giant space turtle......

On second thoughts, why bother trying to disprove it? sleepy.gif

Edited by Essan

We have done the 2012, subject on so many forms and threads on um, I really do not know what else we can say on this suject. I don't think its going to happen but if it does, I really don't see what we are going to be able to do about it. sad.gif

To me, this is entertaining like a movie, let's see ways that this planet can be destroyed grin2.gif, and even if the sun is blocked out... WE CAN SURVIVE six months! lol, Yeah, a lot of people will die with the fridged tempuraters but we would live underground mwhahahaha THE AGE OF THE MOLE PEOPLE! grin2.gif

we will all be burrowed underground so long that we would evolutionize into......rats mwahahah

Oh, jeez! I sooo cant wait to become a Rat!! On one conditon...will there be cheese?

-Mateo

cheese...cheese i never thought of that... guess we gona need some cows in our tunnel

The world will end

In several billion years when the sun goes nova

and by then the cockroaches will be running the planet

So who cares

w00t.gif

Unless whe nuke ourselfs into this, I would agree with M, we all will die when the sun goes nova. But none of us will stil be here so is it's not like we will know any way. blink.gif

the only truth about 2012 is the alignment of the solar and galactic planes... and they will not be parallel they will be perpindicular to eachother, forming a cross.

I remember just a few years ago when all the planets lined up perfectly...doom sayers said the exact same thing.

The world is never going to end......never............

794413[/snapback]

Go and take a look outside devil.gif so much evil ... God dint created us for this !!!!!

the world is going to hell

that is what i thing .. bye

heres something that I found about the year 2012

2012 end of the world?

13 July 2005, @836

Posted by Grolo in Freaky Stuff

2012 end of the world? Can I believe this?

Theories of Apocalypse and/or Spiritual Transformation

December 21 - End of the great cycle of the Maya calendar's Long Count, and thus the alleged end of our world (the end of the cycle is dated December 23 by some calculations). Also interpreted as a change in human consciousness: the end of the world as we know it but the start of a new one. More: Click here

According to the Bible Code the world will end due to a collision with a meteor, asteroid or comet. Click here

According to spiritualist writer Bob Frissell, humankind will ascend into a higher state of collective consciousness.

Mayanist/ researcher John Major Jenkins explains in his book, Maya Cosmogenesis 2012, that the Maya were tracking the cycle of precession of the equinoxes, (but they used the solstices), and that the end-point in 2012 targets the conjunction of the winter solstice Sun with the galactic equator - an event that actually takes about 36 years to complete, from 1980 to 2016. He foresees a possible collective kundalini experience, as explained in his book, Galactic Alignment, and he finds supporting evidence in his next book about a lost Aztec codex, Pyramid of Fire.

The Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide, according to "The Peak Of World Oil Production And The Road To The Olduvai Gorge" by Richard C. Duncan.

Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory claims that time is a fractal wave of increasing novelty that ends abruptly in 2012.

David Flynn claims the year 2012 was encrypted in the Roswell Crash and points to ET intelligence indicating a world scale change event in support of the Mayan calendar here: http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/flynn.htm

For a critique of the article, see: http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/new8.htm#ets

source http://www.area404.nl/post/index/39/2012-end-of-the-world

heres something that I found about the year 2012

2012 end of the world?

13 July 2005, @836

Posted by Grolo in Freaky Stuff

2012 end of the world? Can I believe this? 

Theories of Apocalypse and/or Spiritual Transformation

December 21 - End of the great cycle of the Maya calendar's Long Count, and thus the alleged end of our world (the end of the cycle is dated December 23 by some calculations). Also interpreted as a change in human consciousness: the end of the world as we know it but the start of a new one. More: Click here

According to the Bible Code the world will end due to a collision with a meteor, asteroid or comet. Click here

According to spiritualist writer Bob Frissell, humankind will ascend into a higher state of collective consciousness.

Mayanist/ researcher John Major Jenkins explains in his book, Maya Cosmogenesis 2012, that the Maya were tracking the cycle of precession of the equinoxes, (but they used the solstices), and that the end-point in 2012 targets the conjunction of the winter solstice Sun with the galactic equator - an event that actually takes about 36 years to complete, from 1980 to 2016. He foresees a possible collective kundalini experience, as explained in his book, Galactic Alignment, and he finds supporting evidence in his next book about a lost Aztec codex, Pyramid of Fire.

The Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide, according to "The Peak Of World Oil Production And The Road To The Olduvai Gorge" by Richard C. Duncan.

Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory claims that time is a fractal wave of increasing novelty that ends abruptly in 2012.

David Flynn claims the year 2012 was encrypted in the Roswell Crash and points to ET intelligence indicating a world scale change event in support of the Mayan calendar here: http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/flynn.htm

For a critique of the article, see: http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/new8.htm#ets

source     http://www.area404.nl/post/index/39/2012-end-of-the-world

798014[/snapback]

adeo; very good links but they support my hypotheses. Thanks for the links

I am an old short timer but I do hope most of you survive whatever is coming. Hang in there, I'm going to.

Edited by jjtss