Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A new angle on 2012

jjtss

stop it your scaring me!!!!!!!! sad.gif *cries and runs away*

lol ill believe it when it comes wink2.gif and if it does ill hide underground till its over muahahahahaha

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JAKERZ666

• k7leetha

• TheSearcher

• Emma_Acid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's ok you do not have to hid..2012 will come yes that is for sure, but you will not have to go under ground..This is about the third or fourth time the end was going to be on such and such date, And guess what..we are all still here. w00t.gif

Lol try for like 1,000,000th... Seriously

jtss-

I had an unrelated post to make, but will offer some related images, here.

I don't read about archeo-astronomy, but some other things I can make small comments on.

"the year 2012 is the calculated end of the precessionary cycle of our solar system"-

The solar system has a sinusoidal movement, taking 65,000 yrs. to move higher, then lower by several degrees within the, related to the galactic ecliptic. It also takes 250MY to orbit within the Milky Way (all the while having a retrograde vector). I have not seen any latest calculations, so I can not comment.

"At that time on the winter solstice, the sun will have traveled to the edge of a cosmic dust cloud in the Milky Way, known as the Great Rift" -

No, yes, maybe, maybe not...The Sun (I prefer capitals) was likely a binary star,

possibly formed in either the Gum Nebula, or maybe the Orion Nebula. It was ejected, and perhaps lost its companion to a group of stars, which went supernovae. Such supernovae were not uncommon, in our history. Some were once like popcorn, leaving a hugh bubbleshell of expanding gas behind. Our sun survived, and moved through that empty void for a long time.

It was there for ~4 of the last ~5 million years- mankind's formative years. It emerged about 100-200K years ago, near a group of thin, warm molecular gas shells, which originate from supernovae in the Scorpius-Centaurus association. We became fully part of a Sco-Cen shell, several thousand years ago.

We are currently in good shape, according to know parameters. We are within a thin, curved cloud. In a thousand or so years, we will emerge, to find ourselves temporarily within the ~much less dense~ giant local bubble, once more. This coming and going will continue for a million years- all quite safe, according to know parameters.

What is problematic? For one thing, every 50,000 years, Earth has encountered

a dense 'cloudlet'. These events complicate our protective, solar environment, and can interfere with the ozone levels, or even bombard cosmic rays, particles, dust, and grains through our atmosphere. For instance, there is a direct co-relation between cosmic ray flux (as evidenced in arctic ice cores), and Earth's cloud patterns and ocean temperatures. When the sunspot levels drop, on the order of ~11 year cycles, causing flares and mass ejections to taper off, our outer solar ' wall of wind' decreases, and the cosmic rays near the Earth increase in direct proportion.

Also, since we are in a Sco-Cen supernova shell area, we are highly likely to encounter the unpredictable- small but troublesome cool, dense cloudlets. They could confine and constrict or environment, allowing interstellar material and various cosmic rays to increase their abundance near Earth. Forget about stones from heaven. Consider radiation, and abundances of metorites, instead.

All of this is possible. But, it is also unknowable until we detect it, at the interplanetary level of Jupiter or Saturn. So far, so good...

These images might need expanding, after clicking.

post-13154-1124439576_thumb.jpg

post-13154-1124439667_thumb.jpg

Edited by leadbelly

A closer look at our relative position. And, that is the catch word. we are trying

to refine our understanding of rest frames, and moving targets. But, that is just to understand what surprises may emerge from the local interstellar medium, somewhere inside of the Scorpius-Centaurus bubbleshell complex we are stuck in for the next million years.

And, a chart on cosmic ray flux vs. sunspot turbulance. The longer red lines on top indicate that satellite probes to the outer planets have encountered greater levels

of cosmic rays, cosmic dust, and cosmic grains. This shows that normally, we are protected by the solar wind's outward flows, and Earth's magnetosphere. The point being that those protective zones can decrease in effectiveness, by outside pressure from interstellar cool or cold dense molecular cloudlets.

post-13154-1124440241_thumb.jpg

post-13154-1124440301_thumb.jpg

Edited by leadbelly

Guess I better start on that list of things to do and places to see before I die...... ph34r.gif

794324[/snapback]

you have been waiting all this time ??? I've started already...

"Be prepared ...".... w00t.gif

• 1 year later...

Using JUST the story of creation from the book of Genesis, there are two MAJOR flaws with the bible.

1. If the xian god is the only being that can create, and he is omnipotent, then A) he created Lucifer who sinned and fell from heaven and became Satan, B) he "allowed" Satan to turn into a snake and tempt Eve into sinning, C) he knew that the outcome of this would bring sin into the world, so ultimately D) he knew that everything that happened would result in the damnation of the beings he created.

2. Incest is a sin. If the xian god only made Adam and Eve, then his design for procreation required them to sin.

That is not to say that some of the bible was not written by genuinely god-inspired or prophetic people.

However, if I am to be as logical as possible, I will look as far back in history as possible for texts of relevance, and there are many books from societies that did AND did NOT have to do with religion that talk about the end times, or some major event.

This date has been the same in the I Ching, a 5000 year old Chinese book, the Mayan calendar, created about 3000 years ago, even Merlin wrote the end of the world would be in 2012. There's a few more I can't pull off the top of my head.

And of course the bible talks about the end times, the coming of Christ and the tribulation. It also talks about a new heaven and a new earth.

A new heaven...and a new earth.

Right now scientists have already calculated that December 11 of 2012 (the specific date is sometimes argued off a day or two difference) the Sun, Earth, and the Milky Way galaxy will be in perfect alignment, in that order, for the first time in something like 25,000 years.

Just a matter of days before this alignment will occur, sun spots and solar flares are predicted to be at their highest and longest in over 50 years.

There is a black hole in the milky way galaxy, and it's gravitational effects have already been speculated upon, looking at the natural disasters of the last couple decades.

It doesn't take much more theorizing to see a couple possibilities, all of which could be attributed to any number of prophecies, christian and pagan.

Black hole gravity pulling water from the oceans surface: floods.

Black hole gravity pulling the already longer than usual sun flares into earth: fire from heavens.

Black hole gravity pulling against the earth's orbit: earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

And if you want to stretch the possibility, we know that the gravitational pull of a black hole is so strong is actually bends/absorbs light. Well, if it's REAL bad and we're REAL close, the black hole gravity might just even pull in the sunlight: darkness.

Take any 1 or more of these, or several other theories, and apply it to a very realistic visual, and what you have is your "new heaven and new earth."

My point of all this is merely to address the fact that yes, we're going to experience a global change. However, to think that the xian bible is the only text that talks about the end times is preposterous. I don't think we're all going to die; I think that nature is about to throw us another challenge to test our worth in this universe.

I hope that someone can disprove this premise, but read carefully first.

the year 2012 is the calculated end of the precessionary cycle of our solar system(it has been scientifically verified). At that time on the winter solstice, the sun will have traveled to the edge of a cosmic dust cloud in the Milky Way, known as the Great Rift to scientists. It was known to the Mayans as the Door to the Underworld, the place where the sky opens (also mentioned in Revelations). As the sun travels there, so too do all the planets. The Great Rift in the Milky Way is a very dense cloud of space dust, so dense that it blocks all the light from the stars within and behind it.

On December 21, 2012 (as the Mayans have predicted) the Sun will be at or on its' edge; the Earth is 93million miles away from the Sun and, therefore during that time, will be WITHIN the "Dust Cloud" for approximately 3-5 months of its' 365 day orbit around the sun. Darkness will fall upon the land and stones will rain down from the heavens just as foretold in the bible and legends of other cultures around the world including the Aztecs and Mayans.

If this were the only danger, we could make preparations to survive this manageable catastrophe. Now I come to the reason to believe that this is a time of Earth in upheaval. My singular fear of this time is: What if, instead of Nibiru/Marduk/Nemesis coming to us, we are traveling TO Nibiru (the Earth is going to Hell?) Could there be a red dwarf hiding in that cloud of dust? Is this what "comes out" of the opening in the sky to rain fury upon the Earth(Revelations)? Even if the mass of that red dwarf is only one-fifth of the Sun, what do you think would happen when the Earth passes between the Sun and Nibiru? A tug-or war between good and evil? Read the prophecies of Mother Shipton for a hint of the upheaval that would ensue.

Will there be a period of enlightenment? Oh yeah! Not only will civilization reach a new understanding of its' position in the Universe and the clockwork nature of it, Humanity will definitely be humbled by the upheaval.

Is there any hope of salvation for at least some of us? Well, many cultures have legends of rescue; Native Americans tell of being rescued by a flying turtle; the Harrapan legends tell of rescue by a flying boat, and it goes on around the world. So, maybe there is an intelligent and merciful power in the Universe that keeps watch over its' creation and will intervene propitiously.

I have spewed my terrors upon you, and if you are finished reading this, begin your refutations.

I will read them all. :blink::blink:

Actually it's 12-12-2012 I believe and surpisingly enough that's the same date for the age of aquarius.

Black hole gravity pulling water from the oceans surface: floods.

Black hole gravity pulling the already longer than usual sun flares into earth: fire from heavens.

Black hole gravity pulling against the earth's orbit: earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

And if you want to stretch the possibility, we know that the gravitational pull of a black hole is so strong is actually bends/absorbs light. Well, if it's REAL bad and we're REAL close, the black hole gravity might just even pull in the sunlight: darkness.

If a black hole came anywhere near this solar system, we'd notice the effects long before that. Are you just expecting a black hole to kind of wander into our system with no one noticing and suck planets up, cartoon style?

I think you need to go and do some proper research before lumping bits of unrelated science theory together and coming out with such a mess.

I don't think we're all going to die; I think that nature is about to throw us another challenge to test our worth in this universe.

10,000 years of civilised progress and we still haven't got to grips with the fact that we're not the centre of the universe. I think if humanity ever needed a challenge, it would be to face up to our insignificance and rid ourselves of the notion that we live in the comfortable centre of a god-created ufo-filled universe.

ps - welcome aboard. I'm emma.

Can none of you see, all of you are expecting nature or a universal disaster will happen, your most likely correct but the world will end much much much sooner than anyone thinks, and man will be responsible for it. For instance look at the nuclear, atomic, hydrogen and possibly a future bomb. Just about every country will possess one, in a few years time.

I garantee that what happened in hiroshima and nagasaki, will happen again, and it could be anywhere. there will be a nuclear war and when that happens, the atmosphere, soil, the food we eat will be contaminated and our life spans will decrease dramatically.

2012, might and might not be the end of days for man, but they way were heading we might not even come to see the day.

and dont mock or deny the fact that this doomsday might happen.

Problem being that there have been so many "doomsdays" from so many different sources that it really doesn't mean anything anymore. Some people will sell some books, the news will pick up on it and exploit it, some people will be afraid, some people will drink the koolaid, but otherwise it is going to be like all of the others. Zip. just another day.

maybe, maybe not, well just have to wait and see.

seperate topic- is the moon a piece of rock/planet, planet, asteroid? someone help plz

Can none of you see, all of you are expecting nature or a universal disaster will happen, your most likely correct but the world will end much much much sooner than anyone thinks, and man will be responsible for it. For instance look at the nuclear, atomic, hydrogen and possibly a future bomb. Just about every country will possess one, in a few years time.

I garantee that what happened in hiroshima and nagasaki, will happen again, and it could be anywhere. there will be a nuclear war and when that happens, the atmosphere, soil, the food we eat will be contaminated and our life spans will decrease dramatically.

2012, might and might not be the end of days for man, but they way were heading we might not even come to see the day.

What a doom-laden, pesimistic (and downright misguided) post. You sound like the sort of person that's never lived through a real war (as my mum would say) - your expectations are simplistic to say the least.

For a start, hydrogen bombs are atomic bombs, which are nuclear. Different words for the same thing. We've had them for the last 70 years, and we're in a much more stable political situation than we were in the Cold War. As for a "new future bomb" - pointless speculation.

Also, atomic bombs HAVE gone off - as you mentioned, in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They're now both modern, populated cities. The world didn't end after those events, despite them both being huge tragedies.

And lastly - "the way we're heading"? And what way is that? The european, atlantic and asian diplomatic relations are, in general and when compared to the 20th century, massively stable.

A bit of perspective is needed - we're not near the end of the world.

i dont know what will gonna happened but sure will be something very important!!!

i dont know what will gonna happened but sure will be something very important!!!

Based on what???

yes something will happen on that day........ BEER BASH AT MY PLACE EVERYONE IS INVITED WOOOOOO!!!!!

I dont get it theres going be people coming and killing people?

or just no light?

yes something will happen on that day........ BEER BASH AT MY PLACE EVERYONE IS INVITED WOOOOOO!!!!!

If I happen to be in Canada at that time I'll be there :tu:

Wait Wait! I WANNA GO TO A BEER BASH

COME ON TELL ME ??

COME ON DONT LEAVE ME OUT :(

P.S Free shirts there too/>?

For a start, hydrogen bombs are atomic bombs, which are nuclear. Different words for the same thing.

That's a misconception, they aren't the same. They operate completely differently, hydrogen bombs release energy via nuclear fusion while atomic bombs use fission. But I agree with you on all other accounts. :tu:

Because a calendar cycle restarts? Hey, we better watch out, mine turns over on 31st December...this year!

If a black hole came anywhere near this solar system, we'd notice the effects long before that. Are you just expecting a black hole to kind of wander into our system with no one noticing and suck planets up, cartoon style?

I think you need to go and do some proper research before lumping bits of unrelated science theory together and coming out with such a mess.

10,000 years of civilised progress and we still haven't got to grips with the fact that we're not the centre of the universe. I think if humanity ever needed a challenge, it would be to face up to our insignificance and rid ourselves of the notion that we live in the comfortable centre of a god-created ufo-filled universe.

ps - welcome aboard. I'm emma.

No no no.

First, this was addressed as speculation and theory.

Second, this was based on end times "prophecies," and what possible outcomes could be construed to fit those.

Third, there is no doubt, there IS a black hole in the Milky Way galaxy. In fact, there are two. Click here So no, I don't expect it to wander into our system unnoticed; as I said, we have noticed the effects long before now: Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and tidal waves of magnificent size and frequency over the last 20 years.

Fourth, sucking up planets would be a quick, painless way to go. I'm not talking about the destruction of Earth, I'm talking about a complete global change, hence my twice hitting on the "new earth" prophecy in the bible.

Fifth, this HAS been based on proper research. Sadly, things of this magnitude are not always agreed on, which again is why I prefaced this all with the specific words "speculation" and "theory." Example: 9/11 conspiracies (No, let's NOT get into that in this thread)

Sixth, it's naive of ANYONE to assume ANYTHING about the universe and our place in it. We still can't even get our $#!^ together here on Earth, how ego-sated to believe we have the capacity to grasp the physics and dimensions of space.

Seventh...thanks very much, it's nice to be here :D

Third, there is no doubt, there IS a black hole in the Milky Way galaxy. In fact, there are two.

There are far more than just two.

So no, I don't expect it to wander into our system unnoticed; as I said, we have noticed the effects long before now: Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and tidal waves of magnificent size and frequency over the last 20 years.

Are you suggesting that the black holes are the cause of earthquakes and tidal waves? First of all, just no. How would an external source of gravity even be able to cause those things? With the exception of floods, none of them can be. Our tides are dominated by the tidal effects of the sun and of the moon, we would know if something else was causing it.

Secondly, there are billions of stars in our galaxy, why would you only hold black holes accountable for the (non-existant) gravitational forces which are causing these (non-existant) natural disasters? The magnitude of the force of gravity is directly proportional to the amount of mass present. Black holes don't have any special attributes which changes this. A black hole and a star of equal mass would both exert the same gravitational force.

There are no black holes close enough to the Solar system to influence it in the way you're describing. If one were that close, you could expect to see the entire Solar system going haywire.

Second, this was based on end times "prophecies," and what possible outcomes could be construed to fit those.

"End time prophecies" are superstition, nothing more.