Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sin Eater

SilverRain Queen

After watching the movie 'The Order" for the 5th time.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any that are in existance that claim to be a Sin Eater?

Wonder if it was just a great way to make money in the old days? hmm.gif

If people fall for lighting candles to keep them out of purgatory...why not a Sin Eater huh? no.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Discordia

• SilverRain Queen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen it, and no it doesn't exist, it's a load. The only thing even remotely similiar is the angel Azazel who became the scapegoat for other angels with whom like he, descended to marry mortal women, who upon punishment with binding and blinding in the wilderness for 7000 years (that time now being up, hence no goats get sent out tongue.gif) a goat who all sin (of man at this time also) was laid upon and sent out to him (Azazel, hence the term 'Azazel goat') for the atonement of man. This is in Leviticus, and is the basis for 'Yon Kippur' or 'the atonement' in Judaism which I do practice. On this day no food, water or ANY substance can enter your body, you cannot wash, etc, on that day for a whole 25 (yes 25, from sunset to sunset plus one hour making 25) I don't even smoke (you have no idea how HARD that is, and reason enough for me to not want to quit smoking anytime soon), so that the year past which is from October to October usually all sins hopefully shall be forgiven, and the new year starts afresh.

But no, no 'sin eater', and like I said, yes, I've seen the movie. Kinda like Constantine, had eagerly awaited it and was quite disappointed, not an ounce of truth in it (or at least very very little), beginning with Gabriel, whose actor I thought absolutely sucked (and angels technically are sexless but prefer the male form, except in some cases) - give me Christopher Walken in the Prophecy anyday, at least that is about 98% factual to the texts, right down to the poor crabs being slaughtered as some form of 'demon'. Sorry but keeping land hermit crabs as pets, and being of a vegetarian inclination, I find it exceptionally disguting to pick on the poor innocent crab.....

Even though it holds no truth, it was definitely a great movie, I totally forgot about watching it, I'm going to have to go out and rent it. original.gif

there was a very good series done in comic book style (graphic novel) that was about a Sin Eater. Now if I can remember it's name. It was a *very* good story.