Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 6/6/06 Coincidence ?

baastetnoir

I’m sure almost all of you have heard of the 6/6/06 theory about the coming of the Antichrist. But is it really just a silly theory, an amazing coincidence?

Or is the Revelation Book telling us more than we want to see?

I would like you to read this page and post your opinions on this theory.

Thank you in advance thumbsup.gif

6/6/06

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverRain Queen

• Jodie.Lynne

• baastetnoir

• Paranoid Android

Personally, I say it is all pure mythology....get really deep into the study of church, bible and biblical literature history and you will see that is exactly what it is. Besides it seems to me that the real number is supposed to be 616 not 666. yes.gif

No offense but that whole website is totally out there. I have spent a lot of time looking at that website. Me and my husband have sat together reading it and just find it completely ludicrous.

As for 6/6/06.....It will be another day just like any other.

What ever happens will happen. It isn't like you can stop it. Stop trying to plan the future.

It doesn't matter. What will be will be.

Edited by maryjo1975

yeah that site is a bit much. I don't think anything will happen then.

Stop trying to plan the future.

795538[/snapback]

I'm not trying to plan anything. I simply thought it was opretty cool the verses in Rev could macth dates... either it happens or not.

As tothe website itself i find it to be quite truthfull spceially about the churches... boy do they hit the nail on the head.

Why do people think the 666 is a number that represents the devil or something? All it is, 666 represents the evils in this world, it is opposite of 333 (the holy number) which represents the good in this world. But who knows, too many people have mssed with the original Bible, for all we know this 333 and 666 business could just be made up for a good story by the English blink.gif

People have been planing for D day for 1000's of years. It hasnt happen yet. Sooner or later I think some one has to get it right.Just a little food for thought .

No one knows when these things will take place (the whole thief in the night deal), so by predicting a date, I guess it's officially ruled out that date as a possibility grin2.gif

Unless of course people realize that by choosing a date it won't happen and they won't expect it and therefore it will happen on that date.

But then knowing that they choose the date and......... and........... I have a headache rofl.gif

Regards,

Edited by Paranoid Android

I'll bet ya one thing. That on June 6, 2006 there will be a much higher percentage of stupid people (probably most especially angsty teens) will be out causing mayhem and destruction.

Great theory, but I've got no faith in it; thanks for posting the link, though, I personally found it absurd and extremely amusing.

Sounds like something the fundies have come up with to fulfill their biblical prophesies. I heard a while back that there were a group of them that were trying to fulfull what they think is the way the world should end. This group of christians are setting things up so that they can take over what they consider the holy land. Now is it just my imagination or does Bush and his christian right administration have anything to do with this movement? It appears so. The antichrist is already in place and the christians don't even realize they elected him into office.

OH NOES!!!!

Not June 6th, 2006!!!!!

What about May 5th, 2005?

April 4th, 2004?

March 3rd, 2003?

How about June 6th, 1006? Or June 6th, 1066, that extra 6 is just to throw off the unwary.....

I just love the sense of impending doom that the armageddonists try to spread.

JMPD if May 5th, 2005 was the end of the world I would have gotton divorced on a different day. tongue.gif

But we never know.

Hey you know for my ex husband it actually was the end of the world. blink.gif

Hey you know for my ex husband it actually was the end of the world.  blink.gif

799163[/snapback]

grin2.gif

There was a big end of the world prediction for the 05/05/00. It came and went and people laughed. Segression wrote a pretty cool song on it thumbsup.gif

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

You're right. I beleive that it had something to do with a 'polar shift'.

I moved northward. I figured, if it DID happen, I'd have a nice equatorial climate if I 'shifted' south. But with my luck, North America would have slid north.

grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif : D

Why do people think the 666 is a number that represents the devil or something? All it is, 666 represents the evils in this world, it is opposite of 333 (the holy number) which represents the good in this world. But who knows, too many people have mssed with the original Bible, for all we know this 333 and 666 business could just be made up for a good story by the English blink.gif

796646[/snapback]

This is Why:

Rev.13

[18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Which is 666

Now if you add up the Roman numberals that make the sign

"Varicus Feli Dei" (which translates: In the Stead of the Son of God) (Romans used their alphabet for numbers too) which is on the ....Papal throne.

It adds up to 666.........

I’m sure almost all of you have heard of the 6/6/06 theory about the coming of the Antichrist. But is it really just a silly theory, an amazing coincidence?

Thank you in advance  thumbsup.gif

6/6/06

795315[/snapback]

The number is only spoken of in the book of revelation, and it only refers to the name of the man that is to be the future antichrist.

It is the number of his name. In Hebrew the letters are also used as numbers, and the name will add up to that number.

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

For me it will be THE day.My girlfriend and i are getting married that very day.. w00t.gif

Thank you in advance  thumbsup.gif

6/6/06

795315[/snapback]

The number is only spoken of in the book of revelation, and it only refers to the name of the man that is to be the future antichrist.

It is the number of his name. In Hebrew the letters are also used as numbers, and the name will add up to that number.

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

800357[/snapback]

If you read the verse correctly....it doesn't say anything about a name....just that it's a man's number. The referral to a specific name is an assumption.

Assumptions in the bible has lead to many branches of Christianity....of which I am glad I am not a part of. mellow.gif

This in my opinoin is nothing to worry about and just in case I actually live near some christians that are setting up a "cult" if you will called "Gods soldiers" Who plan on fighting any demonic resistence. lol I'm ****Ing serious. They also say they have built an arc in the name of god that will pardon all souls who walk through it and send them to heaven.

All tha tis great reading...but we wont be here during tribulation. Woops they messed up there!

Hmmmm, I'll actually read the article when the site improves their layout.

Too annoying to read tongue.gif

Anyway, people predict a lot of things,

Like come on, just because the devil is 666, and that will be the rough date...

It's stupid.

It's like saying that on the 9th of January 3001, everyone in the Emergency services will get a big raise,

You wanna know why? The date will be 9/1/01!!!! 911!!!

For you Americans it's be the 1st of September (I think)

I think something is bound to happen 26th of april 2008.

I mean, just look at the numbers: We have a 2, a 6, a 4 etc. Then the eight comes in the end of it all. It's a remarkable coincidence, almost like a pattern. Don't you see?

Being a person who was born on June 6th..but in 1980, all I have to say is I feel sorry for any babies born on June 6, 2006.

For those who do not believe 666 is the sign of the "beast", I am sure the child will get a lot of jokes tongue.gif

But, knowing this world...and some of the crazy people in it, I fear that somewhere a child born on this day will be "marked" as the "beast" and murdered for no apparent reason except for religious propaganda. hmm.gif