Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

River 'croc' may be giant turtle

UM-Bot

crocodile.jpg
Fears that a crocodile had set up home in a river have been allayed after zoologists said it was more likely to be a giant turtle. The crocodile theory began when boat trippers on the River Lea in east London, saw a Canada Goose apparently pulled under water at speed.

But experts say an alligator snapping turtle, which can grow to about two metres, is a more likely culprit. The creature may have been a pet which was released into the wild.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Great Big Sea

• Purplos

• sneeze

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this documentary where some crazy guy was getting various animals to bite on this 'bite strength censor.' The alligator snapper had about 1000 lbs/sq inch (I think) of pressure in its bite. More than a great white shark, lion, and a bunch of other scary things. I think only a crocodile had a higher number.

I don't know why people are stupid enough in the first place to buy these animals and once they are bigger then they once where. They decide to throw them away? That's cruel and stupid! Why not get a cat or something?