Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beppo the clown

signman

is anyone familiar with the story of Beppo the clown? Apparently in 1959 a circus clown named "Beppo" took a dive in Loch Ness and was dragged out delirious, mummbling about unseen eyes staring up at him from the depths. This story is given a quick spin in "The Loch Ness Story" by Nicholas Witchell. Perhaps this is the only known reference to "Beppo" and his adventure.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• signman

• S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

• Beppo01

• Red-eye Dragoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! You have any more info on this than just that?

That sounds weird.

sorry, that's all the info I have; Witchell's book is from the 70's and is probably available at used bookshops. an internet search has yielded no results. Maybe it's a fake story: who knows?

I think this is just one of those tells, Why would that scare him so bad? hmm.gif

If i where a clown i would go crazy too.....

I dont think you should believe what clown says, atleast not while he's still wearing the makeup. NEVER trust a clown.

Isn't Beppo the Clown an old DC comic villain?

That's a interesting tale.

• 4 years later...

is anyone familiar with the story of Beppo the clown? Apparently in 1959 a circus clown named "Beppo" took a dive in Loch Ness and was dragged out delirious, mummbling about unseen eyes staring up at him from the depths. This story is given a quick spin in "The Loch Ness Story" by Nicholas Witchell. Perhaps this is the only known reference to "Beppo" and his adventure.

Have just found this post. I am the daughter of Beppo the Clown. He was with Bertram Mills Circus when he dived into Loch Ness to search for Nessie. I was born 3 years later. He sadly died in 1993. He grew up and lived in Stafford, England which is where myself and his family still live.

Edited by Beppo01

Have just found this post. I am the daughter of Beppo the Clown. He was with Bertram Mills Circus when he dived into Loch Ness to search for Nessie. I was born 3 years later. He sadly died in 1993. He grew up and lived in Stafford, England which is where myself and his family still live.

Sad to hear your father died..... I'm sure he had lots of interesting stories to tell! :)

I vaguely recall my grandmother talking about this but I do think she said Beppo was pushed in-- anyways there isn't much a mystery here, there was a brush with death that left an obviously already disturbed man distraught and mumbling.. I am sure there are lots of eyes in the loch... they're called fish.

I vaguely recall my grandmother talking about this but I do think she said Beppo was pushed in-- anyways there isn't much a mystery here, there was a brush with death that left an obviously already disturbed man distraught and mumbling.. I am sure there are lots of eyes in the loch... they're called fish.

Did you read my post properly? Beppo the Clown was my late Father. He was a famous English Circus Clown who worked in a troupe of Clowns with Coco for the worldwide known Bertram Mills Circus. He was NOT "an obviously already disturbed man distraught and mumbling". As I previously stated he dived in. He also suffered from the bends from rising to the surface too quickly! Thankfully he survived or I wouldn't have been here to put the record straight. Like you.... he knew what fish eyes look like.

Edited by Beppo01