Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So in a way we are related to Neanderthals..

Marcus

It was on some history channel, it was talking about human evolution & it was talking about the different human groups. In the special, it was talking about Cro Magnon people(Us) & the Neanderthals.. They said that the Neanderthals & the Cro Magnons are linked to an older human group we both traced from.Does anyone know this older human group? They said that other people ventured out in other areas, eventually evolving them into the Neanderthals... & some other people ventured out in more different climatic areas which evolved into the Cro Magnons. They went on to say that the reason the Cro Magnons were possibly smarter was because of the area we eveolved in & the food supply had more nutrients & stuff.. rendering are brain capacity or something like that. Anyway I found the show interesting.. Anyone have a clue about what I am talking about?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marcus

• Essan

• isis-999

• LarryOldtimer

It was on some history channel, it was talking about human evolution & it was talking about the different human groups. In the special, it was talking about Cro Magnon people(Us) & the Neanderthals.. They said that the Neanderthals & the Cro Magnons  are linked to an older human group we both traced from.Does anyone know this older human group? They said that other people ventured out in other areas, eventually evolving them into the Neanderthals... & some other people ventured out in more different climatic areas which evolved into the Cro Magnons. They went on to say that the reason the Cro Magnons were possibly smarter was because of the area we eveolved in & the food supply had more nutrients & stuff.. rendering are brain capacity or something like that. Anyway I found the show interesting.. Anyone have a clue about what I am talking about?

800032[/snapback]

' Homo halibus' they think but they are not even sure themselves. They state that 'homo erectus' is a side shoot that went dead end but 'homo erectus' is the only hominid with shovel incisors and North American Indians except for the NaDene (Apache, Navaho, Athpathaskan) have them but South American Indians do not. I personally think that blond hair, and blue eyes came from the neanderthal because that is a Uralic (Finn,Lapp, Estonian,Samoyed,Hungarian) trait and they are the most northern people and settled Europe first and would of had contact with them.

I personally have shovel incisors and a dentist thought they were some new mutation.. blink.gif

lapi'che ni'tis

Ok correct me if i am wrong, But at some point didn't they mate to start a new so to speak race of humans. unsure.gif

Genetic studies have indicated that we are not directly descended from Neanderthal, although this is some evidence to suggest that Neanderthal and Cro Magnon did interbreed (a child's skeleton found in Portugal shows traits of both sub-species).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neandertal_in...ith_Cro-Magnons

Thanks Essan, I thought i had read that some where before! thumbsup.gif

Hey does anyone know where I can find pictures of both Cro magnon & Neanderthals bones? Also anything like cave painting pictures... their art can be included too! Thanks, I'm very interested in the subject!

Ah yes, the (still) "missing link". But don't worry. Someone will soon come up with (another) one, even if they do have to cut it out of whole cloth . . . think Piltdown Man. dontgetit.gif I am sure another is waiting in the wings.

• 4 weeks later...

The intermixing of Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals is a hot items of debate in the scientific community. Does anyone have links on this possibility? blink.gif

It was on some history channel, it was talking about human evolution & it was talking about the different human groups. In the special, it was talking about Cro Magnon people(Us) & the Neanderthals.. They said that the Neanderthals & the Cro Magnons  are linked to an older human group we both traced from.Does anyone know this older human group? They said that other people ventured out in other areas, eventually evolving them into the Neanderthals... & some other people ventured out in more different climatic areas which evolved into the Cro Magnons. They went on to say that the reason the Cro Magnons were possibly smarter was because of the area we eveolved in & the food supply had more nutrients & stuff.. rendering are brain capacity or something like that. Anyway I found the show interesting.. Anyone have a clue about what I am talking about?

800032[/snapback]

We're homo-sapiens, not cro magnons... Are you saying that we evolved from cro magnons?

We're homo-sapiens, not cro magnons... Are you saying that we evolved from cro magnons?

844071[/snapback]

Cro Magnons were early European Homo Sapien Sapiens - the same as you and I. Apart from being a bit taller and having a slightly larger brain they were indistinquishable from one of their descendants, who's sat here in front of a keyboard right now original.gif

The hominid species considered by most scientists to be the common ancestor of Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens Sapiens is Homo Antecessor, which may be a variant of Homo Heidelbergensis. Here is the link.

If anyone doubts that we came from neandertals...all you need to do is hang out at some of the bars around here on a friday night. By 11 pm there are more then a few that could be neandertals lurking about w00t.gif

Neanderthals + Cromagnon =bad science and wishful thinking

Well Neanderthal is in my neighbourhood, and they used to be all over Europe. Allegedly they died out because of a more supreme race who allegedly eradicated them, second reason was due to less food and heavy winters.

We are a totally different race, we are both kind of humanoid but have no relations whatsoever. If you look for bones, check the museum library "neanderthal museum" with h or without try out google, or google pix.

I have heard that most experts on the area believe that although modern cro magnon and neanderthals had contact that they did not interbreed or at least if they did there is no trace of them in modern humans but who knows what the truth is.