Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just something for you guys

DaKong

Wazzup, everyone?! For those of you who don't know me, I used to be on UM alot till high school came along (Paxon's awesome), so ya I'm back for a bit. And for those of you who do know me, it's good to be back!

Well anyways here's something for you to think about

The past few forums in which religous debates have been posed has basically been centered around two points- God is made up and "why should I believe in a god who punishes people for not believing in him." Well, here's my answer to that.

First point-

Many skeptics that I've known talk about how God is made up. Now here's my question- how can this be so. We hear every day how people miraculously get saved (This is where most skeptics I've known say [sarcasm] "Oh wow something amazing happened. It's the work of God!" [/sarcasm]) and how people become stars. We hear every day how a plain crashes or famine sweeps over a city. Good and bad things- if there was a god, we couldn't have both, could we?

Wrong.

In my opinion, good things happen cuz God was with someone. But what about the bad things? When God made the earth, can you actually expect that he did it to please an ever-complaining crowd of people? Or do you think that he'd instead just let nature run its course? We can't blame God for everything, ya know. There's always that Satan freak down there stirring up trouble, right?

Second point-

Some skeptics say how it's dumb to believe in a so close-minded god that he can't even accept really good people that don't believe in him.

Not to me.

God wouldn't let a kind old grandmother who bakes cookies and gives them to the hungry rot in Hell (speaking of which, I did soem research and "Hell" is a shortened form of "Helena," the Norse goddess of the underworld who was half living and half corpse. The biblical term for Hell is "Sheol"). Instead, even though she didn't believe, God will surely let in a kind ederly lady with open arms.

Then there's the issue about how serial killers who do believe can still get in Heaven.

God knows when you're serious about praying for forgiveness for a sin or not. If you've done something horrible- such as changing your grades so you can pass freshman year or something- and you feel truly guilty about it yet can't make yourself admti what you've done and turn to God for help, he'll listen. He'll forgive you for doing such a thing because he knows that you're sorry. He knows that you feel guilty. Now if you pray for forgiveness just becuase you're relying on the fact that God always forgives people no matter what- then you're screwed. Not even God would listen to the cries of someone who didn't really mean an apologie.

Hope it cleared some stuff up for ya grin2.gif

P.S. Err SaRuMaN, if you want to add some new smilies to your thing, go to this site- http://s10.invisionfree.com/Da_World. It's a forum I made but kinda flopped with high school and all, so feel free to use the smilies. I got some good ones I thought you might like...

P.P.S It's good to be back happy.gif

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaKong

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic