Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noah's Ark

colorless

Found this about a year ago. Forgot where I got it from but I saved it.

"And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Uratu."

The saga of Noah's Ark, one of the Bible's most enduring stories, has always been the subject of a tantalizing debate. If scientists could prove the Great Flood theory, might not evidence of Noah's Ark have survived? With that thought in mind, researchers keep combing the mountains of Ararat searching for Noah's Ark. Many actually claim to have seen it. Still others claim to have relics from it. Incredibly, two different modern-day Ark hunters claim they have found it...in two separate places...seventeen miles apart.

The story of Noah and his Ark are recorded in Genesis, the first book of the Bible. It says that as God looked upon the earth, He saw only wickedness and corruption. Unhappy with the way mankind had turned out, He decided to destroy the earth. He went to a righteous man named Noah and ordered him to build an ark, "the length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits."

(A cubit has generally been described as the distance between the point of a man's elbow and the tip of his middle finger, which seems to have been standardized at 17.72 inches, although another common linear unit was the royal cubit at 20.72 inches.)

Noah was to populate the Ark with two of each animal on earth. It then rained forty days and forty nights, but the waters remained on the earth for more than a year. When the Great Flood finally receded, the Ark came to rest on the mountains of Uratu, today known at Ararat---and historians have been searching ever since for the Great Boat.

Edit; balance of article can be read HERE

Edited by Magikman

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr_halo

• 447Za P2i1

• aquatus1

• bloodmoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they found noahs ark didn't they?, i remember readng about it on a site....i wonder if its the ACTUAL noahs ark, not that i'm religious at all...

Found this about a year ago. Forgot where I got it from but I saved it.

Siphis,

I was able to find the article for you, its a simple process actually. You just need to copy part of the test into the advanced field of the google search engine and it found the source quickly. Again, we need to identify the source and reference it when possible, in this instance there is a copyright issue involved which could cause problems for Saruman if not referenced appropriately.

Magikman

just found the link to where i saw about the ark discovery, ohhh they found loads of other stuff aswel, old news but good, i have no idea why this topic was started on the crypto forum though...odd blink.gif

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/

ok the topic has been moved now.....i'm not mad.....

Edited by mr_halo

I've always been skeptical of Noah's Ark becuase there is a similar tale in either Sumerian or Babylonian culture that mentions a great flood which actually occurs I believe around several hundred to a thousand years earlier.

i dont like the noahs ark, i seem to remember reading somwhere that the people who insist the ark was real, were saying the dinosaurs all died out because they didnt get on the ark, which would mean they all only died out thousands or years ago, not millions, the same with the mythical animals like unicorns and dragons, dead cause they didnt get on the boat.

the same with the mythical animals like unicorns and dragons, dead cause they didnt get on the boat.

Dragons can fly. grin2.gif

And as for the

Axle13 Posted Today, 01:10 PM

I've always been skeptical of Noah's Ark becuase there is a similar tale in either Sumerian or Babylonian culture that mentions a great flood which actually occurs I believe around several hundred to a thousand years earlier.

Everything I've heard about that is that the flood actually only occured in the Mediterranean Basin, which would have seemed like the whole world to the inhabitants of the area. whistling2.gif

I am a christian and I totally believe that the story is reality. I don't, however, believe the ark is still around today. I would think after such a long time it would have become nothing now.

Wow the animals must have been cramped cause there's a crap load of them, huh? I wouldn't have gotten on that boat if I were a dinosaur, either- seeing as it couldn't fit even three of the bigger ones.

Well it is possible like i think i said in that article if it was real it would have inflected on alot of cultures and it is known around the world

if it was real it would have inflected on alot of cultures and it is known around the world

I had heard that over and over from Christians so I researched it (in books and on line) and yes, a lot of cultures have flood stories but very few involve all the animals or an ark. Most are just that, local flood stories. I guess all rivers tend to flood - hench flood stories for the following generations. Since the Tigris and Euphrates both flood (and have since mankind settled there) and the story of Noah's flood was borrowed from the Akkadians (they lived 2000 years before the supposed Exodus), any validity of the flood story is probably about a major flooding of those two rivers, suitably embroidered for mythological purposes. The Jews, when they finally got around to writing their mythology plagarized heavily from preceding Semitics and the flood story from "Gilgamesh" (epic Akkadian/Sumerian story) was one of those "borrowed".... w00t.gif

i can see the ark and the flood being a possibility, but you'd never get 2 of every animal on any boats, theres far to many animals to even consider collecting them all up and getting them on board, i guess 2 of every animal from the area close to where noah lived could of been collected, i mean if the flood was localised to that area..like someone mentioned...

Edited by mr_halo

Joe13 - Everything I've heard about that is that the flood actually only occured in the Mediterranean Basin, which would have seemed like the whole world to the inhabitants of the area.[

I agree with Joe13. A local flood is a more realistic interpretaton of the account from the bible. If we took two animals of each species today and placed them on aboat for 40 days (plus food and water and many shovels laugh.gif ) we would need some kind of super tanker.

Another concern for me is why didn't the God of the story just erase and start over. Was he attempting to teach Noah a lesson. If a God could create earth and everything in it (not to mention the universe), how much trouble could it be to obliterate the bad and let the good live?

Edited by LoPar

noah could have only got two of every animal indiginous to the european/ mediterranean basin.

how come the following animals still exist, when there's no way they were anywhere near noah.

grizzly bears, kangaroos, pandas, buffalo, lynx, etcetera, etcetera.

just another tale from the bible that leaves out the rest of the world.

saquatch, yeti, chupa, etcetera, etcetera..........

also, what about inbreeding, if you only have 2 of somthing the only thing to mate with is your partner or offspring, causing alot of genetics problems, if noahs ark happened, then everything, including humans, should be either dead from defects, or look like the elephant man. its a major problem faced in zoos right now with rare animals, not enough genetic deversity= problems

plain and simple,

not to mention isnt incest a sin???

i don't know if incest is a sin, but its pretty damn wrong sad.gif

but yes if everything came from the original 2 animals there would be loads of defects amoung animals, and most of them would die out pretty quickly...plus if all humans originated from same 2 people then the same would go for us....

Edited by mr_halo

The flood wouldn't have destroyed all humans as I assume other people may have had their own boats.

If the ark is ever found on some mountain we would have to assume the flood was world wide or a lot of people carried the ark up mountain.

If the ark is ever found on some mountain we would have to assume the flood was world wide or a lot of people carried the ark up mountain.

I wouldn't hold my breath until it is found, after all the story was around for 2000 years before the Jews stole it and put it in their mythology. I'm sure the Akkadians, Sumerians, and Ugarites all looked for it in their times and didn't find it either. Someday people will learn to discern mythology from truth. whistling2.gif

i thought they'd already found noah's ark, it says about the discovery on the link i posted earlier in the topic....

252285[/snapback]

If this is the ark then the flooding was fairly extensive. What height above sea level is the location of the 'Ark'?

You had me going until it was disclosed that this was all discovered by Ron Wyatt in 1960.....This has been double disproved, Ron Wyatt has been shown to be charlatan (he discovered the wheels of Pharoes chariots in the Red Sea - wooden wheels would have lasted maybe 10 years against the torpedo worms of the Red Sea) and is discounted by even the most rabid Apologists. The second thing is that in the 1960's the Soviets patrolled that area (even tho it was Turkish) and let no one in that area at all (there was a cold war going on and anyone going there had to have been a spy, as they saw it). The pictures are a hoax and the last three expeditions (now that the Soviets are out of the picture) have not been able to find the structure shown in the photo. Incidentally, there is no visitor's center or any of the other stuff mentioned, it is all a hoax, just as the rest of Wyatt's fantastic finds. So the gist of the matter is that the Ark has not been found and won't, face it that is pure mythology, nothing more. rolleyes.gif

oooooh a hoax, well i thought it was to good to be true, nearly made me believe in stories from the bible, grrrr religion disgust.gif , i remember watching a program about it aswell, and they had american satelite photos of the thing.....

There is evidence for huge flooding on a worldwide level several times but never a world wide flood that literally covered everything. That's probably what inspired the original Sumerian story. There was a huge flood it did cover most of their land so once the story is told it becomes the entire world

i remember watching a program about it aswell, and they had american satelite photos of the thing.....

You have to remember, Discover Channel, the History Channel, etc can't afford to make the Christians mad, they are about 50% of their viewers. Naturally, they are gonna pussyfoot around things like this, the Exodus, and so on, even tho modern archaeology can find no evidence of anything before the return from exile. The photos are (according to a Christian geologist) nothing more than natural formations of basalt and that they are not uncommon (even shaped like that) worldwide. Not my specialty, so I will take his (and the 10 other geologists that he referenced) word on the matter. wink2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, lets follow some logic:

1. There are many, many stories of a flood from around the world. Many also describe and a man and a big boat.

2. These stories must come from somewhere

3. Chances are, there was a flood that devastated the world, and a man built a big boat and put animals on it.

Also, you could fit an animal as big as, say, a dinosaur, if you don't bring the biggest one out there. Bring a baby. And, if you happen to read the Bible, you don't bring german sheperds and poodles and labs and beagles. You bring two dogs-probably a type of wolf. And you also don't need to bring aquatic animals-fish, whales, dolphins, obviously. This brings the number of animals down greatly.