Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noah's Ark

colorless

Ok, lets follow some logic:

1. There are many, many stories of a flood from around the world. Many also describe and a man and a big boat.

2. These stories must come from somewhere

3. Chances are, there was a flood that devastated the world, and a man built a big boat and put animals on it.

Let's try this logic:

1) Floods are the single most common environmental disaster through-out history.

2) The only cultures that describe the ark scenario are from the Mediterranean region.

3) Societies around the world have differing stories, such as climbing mountains or building dams.

4) Therefore, in seperate floods, a man built a boat, in another, they built a dam, and in another, they climbed a mountain.

I would seem more logical to conclude that an event that has occured and continues to occur through the world is responsible for these stories, rather than one single event that has never been shown to have occured, and indeed has left none of the physical signs it would inevitably leave if it had occured.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr_halo

• 447Za P2i1

• beowulf

• aquatus1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, you could fit an animal as big as, say, a dinosaur, if you don't bring the biggest one out there. Bring a baby. And, if you happen to read the Bible, you don't bring german sheperds and poodles and labs and beagles. You bring two dogs-probably a type of wolf. And you also don't need to bring aquatic animals-fish, whales, dolphins, obviously. This brings the number of animals down greatly.

273883[/snapback]

not so true, salt water fish would survive, not fresh water fish, which would be a big problem, meaning he would have to catch 2 of every fresh water fish,

its hard enough to catch enough to eat let alone a male and female of every species

or since it was rain, then it would have lowered the salinity of the oceans killing alot of sat water fish, but either way it dosnt look so likely

Edited by bloodmoon

Here is a link to a website that goes over the different opinions about where the Ark rests. The search for the Ark is turns out to be a very interesting Indiana Jones type adventure.

http://www.noahsarksearch.com/index.htm

Pulling from my memory there is some decent evidence that something large is atop Mt. Ararat. Many witness accounts of seeing something and some good photographic and satellite images. The last I heard Turkey has shut down all travel and exploration on Ararat due to the closeness of border with Iran I also remember reading somewhere that rebels/militia use a large wooden structure atop Ararat as a hide-out.

There are those of the opinion that the Ark is that boat shaped impression that is some distance from the Ararat. (I saw the picture of this posted earlier on this thread) There are some unusual metal readings when test were completed on that site. An interesting looking formation there, but I don't believe that to be the resting place of the Ark.

And, some yet think that the Ark is in a whole different mountain range than that of where Ararat is located. There is some debate as to the translation of the original wording. Mt. Cudi a bit south of Ararat is the location some believe.

Wiking

There is also the problem of where the water came from, Creationists have 3 main theories, none of which hold water - the Vapor Canopy (this one would raise the temperature of the world to about 2000 degrees Fareheit), the Tectonic Plate movements (fountains of the deep which would cause the plates to move at several feet per hour also raising the temperature of the world to over 2000 degrees fareheit) and the Combination (takes part of both of the previous and would raise the temperature to about 4000 degrees fahrehiet). Of course then the good Christian says, "Well, God changed the natural laws to allow it to happen." This takes the discussion out of science into "la la land" and ends the discussion. Think of this, why would God go to all that trouble to get rid of the evil people, when all he had to do was tailor a germ to be a 100% fatal (to humans only) plague, release it to exterminate mankind and then tinker with the genes of Noah and his family to make them immune to the plague? A god that had to rest after only 6 days of work would find that the easy way. So why didn't he do it that way? The answer is that the primitives writing the bible knew nothing about germs or genes, so they couldn't include them in their made-up story. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. The flood was used because that was the closest thing the ancients had to a world-ending cataclysm. Nowadays, we use asteroids or giant comets when we want a good armageddon story (pun intended).

they havent found the ark, they say the ark is located below the ice at the base of the volcanic mountain Mt. Ararat. a few things wrong.

They said they found the ark with the roof on...but in the bible it says that Noah took the roof off

Also whos to say that the mountain didnt blow up a long time ago and burn the ark all to hell

and where did all the water go from this great flood?

I would like people to stop looking for the Ark and find the damn Holy Grail

lol...the Holy Grail is the cup that caught Jesus's blood when he was crusified, its in the bible and so is noahs ark if there is people looking for the ark why not the grail?

Why don't we get them to admit that Noah's ark is a story borrowed from the Akkadians and Sumerians and that the Holy Grail is just another stupid myth started by the Church of the Middle Ages to keep the masses entertained and not thinking about how inconsistent Xianity is! wacko.gif

I beleive in Evolution myself, the bible was just a book to make people feel better

But if they find the ark or the grail it would be a great find

The Bible is a book written as a guideline for living a life that is, how can I word this, clean. Not harming our fellow man and so on. I don't believe it is to be taken literally. The stories in the Old Testament all have a moral on life and how you should live it. Weather or not Noah's Ark exists is not the point of the Bible story. I for one believe that Noah's Ark, The Holy Grail, and all of the other religous artifacts do not exist except in the minds of people of faith. As far as Evoloution versus Creation, once again a matter of faith.

The Bible is a book written as a guideline for living a life that is, how can I word this, clean. Not harming our fellow man and so on.

274912[/snapback]

what about the whole "burn the witches BURN THEM!!!!!" thing?

As an interesting FYI, it was explained to me that the bible passage "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" was actually referring to witches in the sense that the only people with herbal knowledge to heal were thought of as witches, but that since healing was such a profitable pasttime and some pseudo-witches were feeding people junk that was killing them, the statement was meant more along the lines of "Thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live."

i believe Noah Ark exsisted, the real question is... are those remains that people have found? experts keep testing these remains of this ship, they said they found.. and they think it might be Noahs Ark, anyone heard of this, or read about it? i dont have the link, im just given you guys a very brief description of the top of my head!!!

also, what about inbreeding, if you only have 2 of somthing the only thing to mate with is your partner or offspring, causing alot of genetics problems, if noahs ark happened, then everything, including humans, should be either dead from defects, or look like the elephant man. its a major problem faced in zoos right now with rare animals, not enough genetic deversity= problems

plain and simple,

not to mention isnt incest a sin???

according to my biology teacher, that is a common misconception. the only way inbreeding causes defects (now i know nothing about the subject, i'm just saying what she told me) is that the offspring of the parents are more likely to have genial diseases and defects...such as they are more likely to get them because they have 2 genes of it instead 1 of it. so technically, it doesn't cause defects. buttt

incest is gross dontgetit.gif

Edited by Joe013

how the hell did we get on inbreeding on a "Noahs Ark" message board?

I saw a show on Discovery, it had a geologist goto Mt. Ararat where they say they found noahs ark and to the highest point on the earth, Mt. Everest, and studied the soil. As the bible says the entire world was covered by water right? or am I wrong on that? But anyway he studied the soil and found out that neither have ever EVEEEEEEEEER been under water. Science these days pays off..huh

The Second Ark

In the year 2004, The Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in Canada, and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save two of every living thing along with a few good humans." He gave Noah the blueprints, saying, "You have six months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights".

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard .... but no ark.

"Noah", He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah. "But things have changed. I needed a building permit. I've been arguing with the inspector about the need for a sprinkler system. My neighbors claim that I've violated the neighborhood zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the Development Appeal Board for a decision.

Then Transport Canada and the Departments of Highways and Hydro demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power, trolley and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I argued that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the spotted owl. I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls.

But no go!

When I started gathering the animals, I got sued by an animal rights group. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. As well, they argued the accommodation was too restrictive and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then Environment Canada ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew. Also, the trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only Union workers with Ark building experience.

To make matters worse, the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least ten years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky. Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?".

"No", said the Lord. "The Government beat me to it"

Ems

emma_pen

Now that was funny, true, but funny where did you ever find that wonderful satire on the current human condition?

• 3 weeks later...

i read somewhere, and saw some pictures it might have been this site im not sure, but they said to have found some remains of a ship in these mountains, and they stand by this and are sure it is part of Noahs ark? did anyone head about that? i mean if it is part of Noah's ark that is amazing!