Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleeping Strange feeling, Can anyone Help?

smithvs

Hey all, I am new to the sight. After searching for some answers to this strange, I don't know if I want to call it phenomena or feeling but hopefully someone can help shed some light on what happens to me.

Ok here it goes.

this has been happening to me for many years....

Lets start with this one time when I was lying in bed, my bed was breathing. At least thats what it felt like. I wasn't drunk or high or anything. I had just come home from work and took a shower. I was lying on my bed naked listening to music to relax and I felt the mattress moving up and down underneath me as if it were breathing. I thought maybe it was just vibrating that way from my own breathing so I got up and shut the music off and lay still with no breathing at all and the mattress was still moving up and down, breathing. I jumped up scared ****less...anyway after that I have been having a weird feeling when I sleep and that situation occurred 10 years ago.

Every time I lye down on my stomach, after a while when I start to really get sleepy, I feel like my soul is trying to be pulled out from me. it feels like it wants to sink into the bed or some energy is pulling it from under the bed. I jump up and my heart is racing something fierce. I lay back down on my stomach again and it just keeps happening. Its so hard to explain. Once and a while it will happen when I lye on my back...its not like it tries to jump up out of me or something. its as if its sinking into the bed or something is pulling it down out of me if that makes sense. It really freaks me out and whenever I explain to to anyone people just think I am crazy and have never had the experience. Am I the only one out there who has felt this? Can anyone help me to understand what is happening to me when I lye like that. I can only sleep in my side. Has Anyone else had that experience? Please some one shed some light, I am tired of feeling alone on this.

Thanks

Smit crying.gif hvs

Edited by smithvs

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirec

• blackstar

• TruthSeeker2000

• I_am_

no, i never heard about things like this...

have you ever tried sleeping in a different bed? maybe it depends on a place.

or it could be something with your health that makes this illusion. maybe with your heart hmm.gif

Get a new bed, those "Smart" beds with molding cells in them are quite comfortable happy.gif

I don't really care about beds there all the same (really get a new bed your bed might be haunted)

803566[/snapback]

I agree....it may be haunted. Also...your fear of it magnifies it. Don't be afraid of something from the Spiritual world....face it and tell it to go away. ph34r.gif

I don't really care about beds there all the same (really get a new bed your bed might be haunted)

803566[/snapback]

I agree....it may be haunted. Also...your fear of it magnifies it. Don't be afraid of something from the Spiritual world....face it and tell it to go away. ph34r.gif

803739[/snapback]

Good thing you're talking about it at least. Have you had the same bed all these years? If you have then have you lived in the same house all these years? Maybe something traumatic happened in connection with one or the other. Sounds like something I had but not quite the same it happened anywhere I slept, it stopped though when I got over the 40. Still don't know what it was though.

The only thing weird that ever happened to me in my bed was when I woke up and I wasnt able to move. I was about 10 at the time, and I was terrified. It has happened to me at least 10 more times but I think it may be something called sleep parallisis. Its when you wake up and you cant move. But the weird thing is, it happened over 10 times in just over a year, and as soon as I moved, it never happened to me again. I am now 18. And it didnt feel so much like I couldnt move as much as something was holding me down. I was able to move my fingers, legs, and head but everything else wasnt moveable. Has this happened to anyone else?

Stlouiscowboys, that's typical sleep paralysis symptoms you're having. My husband has this, and when he went to the sleep clinic and got tested, was officially diagnosed. After that, since he found out what it was, it doesn't bother him.

Smithvs, I have a couple of questions for you. What is your routine before going to bed? What kind of job do you have (since you said you came home and went right to bed?

The reason I ask this is because if I am very active right before bed (marathon house cleaning, exercising, etc) then when I lay down and relax, it does feel like the bed is moving. Of course, it isn't, but your description of the mattress "breathing" is pretty close to what it feels like. As far as your soul sinking, it could also be related to this. Meaning, being relaxed and drifting in and out of sleep (especially if you're really tired) can cause you to feel a bit "funny". If it's the same feeling you're talking about, it is indeed very hard to describe. thumbsup.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when this happens to me, I tend to wake up, go to sleep, wake up, etc, until I finally have to roll over onto my side. I can go on to sleep that way. I used to lay on my stomach, but have more of a chest now than I used to have, so can't sleep that way anymore. When I did, though, I experienced this as well. Probably more so.

Edited by WannabeSkeptic

This sound like OBE Out Of Body Experience This can happen when your body and breathing relaxes. A lots of poeple who has these's experiences says that it feels like there souls are being pulled out of their bodies.

You don't need to change beds or move it, just go to the store and buy one of those glow in the dark markers, green.

Draw a large circle on the bottom of your matress with an "X" in the middle.

Put it back into it's place and forget about it.

I had the same experince, i moved into a house a while back, me and my wife bolth felt it happen. The bed shoke and we heard whispers?

And when ever we left our arm or foot over the edge it would grab it.. I hated that!

We had to deal with this for 6 months, i even thought of moving.

But i talked to a wiken once and she said to try it "O+X" & it worked for me.

Never had the problim since. thumbsup.gif

hey do you do a lot of movement in you job, if so it may be because of this. when i been to a themepark i get a funny feeling as if i am still on the rollercoasters taking tight turns and that, kinda like jet lagg or somthing like that but it does go after a few days. When i do go to the themepark i get this aftewards, especially when going to alton towers or drayton manor lol. anyway somthing like that may be the case.

when i experience it it feels like i am moving about or swaying side to side but only have it after i come back and its like it for the night and the next day. may be its related but i only get it when i have visited and been on the rides.

Edited by sirec

hey well here is my experaince and no im not a drugie or anything i will be trying to sleep and i will have a massive falling felling and i get very tensed up if that word discribes it and i get really scared so then i suddenly get up and look around and i ussaly see a shadow go into a dark courner i will post this in several places so if u have any info for me or 2 tell me what the @#$% is doing is my Aim is Lbuffaloj

• 2 years later...

Hey all, I am new to the sight. After searching for some answers to this strange, I don't know if I want to call it phenomena or feeling but hopefully someone can help shed some light on what happens to me.

Ok here it goes.

this has been happening to me for many years....

Lets start with this one time when I was lying in bed, my bed was breathing. At least thats what it felt like. I wasn't drunk or high or anything. I had just come home from work and took a shower. I was lying on my bed naked listening to music to relax and I felt the mattress moving up and down underneath me as if it were breathing. I thought maybe it was just vibrating that way from my own breathing so I got up and shut the music off and lay still with no breathing at all and the mattress was still moving up and down, breathing. I jumped up scared ****less...anyway after that I have been having a weird feeling when I sleep and that situation occurred 10 years ago.

Every time I lye down on my stomach, after a while when I start to really get sleepy, I feel like my soul is trying to be pulled out from me. it feels like it wants to sink into the bed or some energy is pulling it from under the bed. I jump up and my heart is racing something fierce. I lay back down on my stomach again and it just keeps happening. Its so hard to explain. Once and a while it will happen when I lye on my back...its not like it tries to jump up out of me or something. its as if its sinking into the bed or something is pulling it down out of me if that makes sense. It really freaks me out and whenever I explain to to anyone people just think I am crazy and have never had the experience. Am I the only one out there who has felt this? Can anyone help me to understand what is happening to me when I lye like that. I can only sleep in my side. Has Anyone else had that experience? Please some one shed some light, I am tired of feeling alone on this.

Thanks

Smit :cry: hvs

I have the exact same thing happen to me almost every single night where as it feels like my soul is being pulled out from me or Im sinking in the bed

it has become routine. So you are not alone you know your not crazy and its NOT a dream I can tell you that from experince I KNOW what the difference between a dream and a possible out of body experince is. Like I said it happens to me on a routine basis and while this is happening your stomach feels like a very high like feeling like your on a roller coaster or like getting excited or even like a floating feeling something like that right!!! This is very scary for those who never or hardly had this happen to them. As for me I have it happen more times then I can count so I have gotten used to this it does not bother me anymore infact sometimes kind of fun.

But lets cut to the chase while this is happening the funny feeling I get in the stomach I would hold it in like I would crunch up my stomach till it ends because its only natural human reaction I suppose. And yes feels like Im being pulled sometimes up and sometimes down upon opening my eyes it stops and Im laying there and everything is still in place like it never happened. But I know it was not a dream don't forget souls are energy's from the body so these things made to be myth but may be true.

You wanna hear something scary one night it happened three times to me the first time felt like being pulled up and I crunched my stomach like I normaly would. The second time same thing happened again and I once again held it in then I started to think and playing with the notion what if I just let it go without crunching up and trying to hold that strange like floating feeling in what would really happen??? Well sure enough the third time it happened and I got this feeling like my soul was being pulled out again. And this time I let the strange like floating feeling go and take its course. Now I sleep on a air mattress thats not fully blown up the reason for that is because Im lazy to keep it blown up all the time and its a little more soft and confatable first thing I did was try and move my arm eyes still closed and I swear to god I felt like I was going upwards slowly very slowly but still lying down. I don't think my body was levitating I do have a hunch it might have been my soul still in the original lying down position floating upwards. As soon as I really started to move my arms and fingers I felt like I was going down again and going back onto the mattress but heavier then before because I can feel the floor on the bottom of the mattress for about three seconds and I swear I heard the mattress also like someone lying on it I opened my eyes and everything was distorted and my body was trembleling and just felt weird and surreal for about five seconds then I went back to normal. But I felt drained a little and pretty much for the whole work day so maybe this drains the energy's from the body as well???

This is a very dangerous thing I think what happens is the out of body ex is when the soul wants to exit the body during sleep people have been known to die in there sleep because the soul gets out fully if left to long. I think what I did was dangerous maybe I could have died if I did not try and move right away when I felt like I was floating upwards. I think what happens is when I hold back that strange floating feeling in my stomach by crunching my stomach up Im stoping my soul from exiting and when I did not do this my soul was comming out but slowly so like half way only. Thats why I was still able to move my arms and body functions. And when the soul wants to come back into the body it makes more weight then you normaly would have for seconds because the energy is pressing back into the body so fast!!! This would explain the the part where I felt the floor under the mattress for seconds.

There are other possibility's for this happening:

1. Your soul may not be a happy one like current lifestyle depressed problems evil thinking etc

2. Lack of sleep

3. Could be a dream but not likely

4. Health problems

5. Lousy bed

Hope this helps and got you thinking about my experinces with this: Joe Nitro

My husband has this, and when he went to the sleep clinic and got tested, was officially diagnosed.

Beat me to the punch. Go to a doctor and try a sleep clinic or consultant; ghosties and "OOB"s should be the LAST thing you look into. It sounds very much like a physiological problem.

Edit: I can get that same feeling too by relaxing completely, and when you get up like that, your heart rate increases to compensate for a change in blood pressure and such. Being frightened wouldn't have helped either. And when I've been to the lake at my cottage when there are big waves (like 3-footer whitecaps; Lake Erie) I'll feel the waves until I fall asleep even if I swam in the morning. Anyways, just a bit of extra; if your condition is supernatural I'll shave my head. :D

Edited by WraithGod

Hmm very odd, never heard anything like that.

Hope someone here can help yeah out, but yeah, I suggest getting a new bed as well. :)

I agree....it may be haunted. Also...your fear of it magnifies it. Don't be afraid of something from the Spiritual world....face it and tell it to go away. :ph34r:

Good thing you're talking about it at least. Have you had the same bed all these years? If you have then have you lived in the same house all these years? Maybe something traumatic happened in connection with one or the other. Sounds like something I had but not quite the same it happened anywhere I slept, it stopped though when I got over the 40. Still don't know what it was though.

I agree it could possibly be haunted

To be honest, I also get that feeling. Do you sleep somewhere high up in your house, like the loft of the top bunk of a bunk bed? I thought that the higher you were, the stronger the gravity (I don't listen in science class much), but now I'm having second thoughts...

• 10 years later...

@smithvs I can tell u i know exactly what your talking about you are not alone, but i dont know why this happens. I haven’t had this happen in a while, but i can say that the first time it ever happened to me was after going to a fair. Just no you arenot alone, and if you find out what causes this please let me know. Ive found sleeping  on my side can help prevent this. I don’t believe this is paranormal because ive had this happen in different beds, and houses.

Edited by Jovannyb26