Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronomers gear up for 2029 asteroid pass

UM-Bot

news icon rDuring the early morning hours of April 13, 2029, observers in Asia and North Africa will have a chance to witness a rare celestial event as an asteroid, 99942 Apophis, passes within 20,000 miles of Earth. "It's not gonna knock your socks off, and it certainly won't be the brightest object in the sky, but it'll be easily observable with the naked eye," said Don Yeomans, manager of NASA's Near Earth Object (NEO) Program.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Space.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whoa182

• GreyWeather

• UM-Bot

• ROGER

Top Posters In This Topic

oo, meteor shower. shame it can only be seen in a country thats far from England though, looks like I'm gonna miss out on it.

well erm... we are talkng about 2029. I'm sure it wont be that hard to get around the world quickly then.

By 2029 we should have a start of a base on the Moon. So maybe observations can be made from there. If not I am hoping the ISS is still in use ( or hopefully expanded) so as to get a few good pictures.

well erm... we are talkng about 2029. I'm sure it wont be that hard to get around the world quickly then.

uhm... yeah well.... uhm... im a slow walker?

uhm... yeah well.... uhm... im a slow walker?

807789[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif Hmmm

So in 2029 we are going to be travelling exactly the same we do now... laugh.gif

In 2029 I'd probably be able to have a job in the u.s while i live in the UK blink.gif

In 25 years years plenty will change. We'll even probably be taking trips to the moon lol

That'd be awesome to witness, the last time I saw anything meteor related was that meteor shower that broke up in the atmosphere and went spreading across our melbournian skies i think it was in 1999 or 98?, god it was beautiful though, im never going to forget that rolleyes.gif all of the meteorites had beautiful mutli-coloured tails...

*runs off to find internet pictures*

w00t.gif

By 2029 we should have a start of a base on the Moon

807392[/snapback]

Oh I wish! Seems like more than enough time untill then. grin2.gif