Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reuters calls for US to release cameraman

morpheas

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morpheas

• __Kratos__

• thebarman

• bathory

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it always have to be the big, bad USA being blamed in all of this?

DO YOU THINK HE MIGHT BE IN THE WRONG AT ALL?

Mashhadani's family have said he was detained after US marines found images on his cameras and his desktop computer.

Hmm... images... could be bad because he could be helping terrorists point out locations or be taking pictures of troop movements.

Edited by __Kratos__

Kratos...... rolleyes.gif

but anyway....he was an evil pinko commie arab terrorist that is also a cameramen!!! He must be detained, maybe he took pictures of the USA troops not beign the white knights that the pentagon want to show to the world...

The agency has had two cameramen killed by US troops

Ahh the old friendly fire excuse, seems odd that the nation most obsessed with guns seems to be the nation least able to shoot them accruately blink.gif

Kratos, I think they're unable to see different sides of an issue. The preconcieved reality must fit their paradigm and there are no other realities other than theirs. The US is evil and GB is the devil incarnate = Hitler only worse.

Yes there must be something there. I know don't if ya can believe it, but the US... at least *I* don't think it's right to just go around finding Iraqis that own laptops and cameras and detain them for the fun of it. Pretty sure the Majority of Americans don't think that's right either.

But the US is evil, out to do Absolutely No Good, Ever, No, Can't if it Wanted to, Bash away Bash away Bash away all.

The agency has had two cameramen killed by US troops

Ahh the old friendly fire excuse, seems odd that the nation most obsessed with guns seems to be the nation least able to shoot them accruately blink.gif

808737[/snapback]

Can you shoot accruately in a combat situation? It isn't an excuse, it is an accident. Amazing that it isn't a huge cover up. rolleyes.gif

well its not the brits because the brits dont control abu graib. as the US have the largest hand in world affairs, there is a greater probability/chance for them to be blamed when they do something without any kind of explanation.

808738[/snapback]

So because you think it is a greater chance, it has to be right? I like how we are blamed for everything when we make an arrest. Why do they need to give a reason to arrest him? It is a war zone, not your friendly neighborhood problem. To scream out "big, bad USA" right away just shows ignorance.

if he was, then why dont the US explain to the world briefly why they have detained a cameraman for 60 days without any sort of explanation to the man's family or the world for that matter. the fact that they say nothing, makes me think he has filmed something that shows the US military in a pretty bad light. as long as they continue to keep silent about his imprisonment, i and the rest of the world have a right to draw our own conclusions, of course, they can always tell us the truth, or would that be too simple?

808738[/snapback]

The fact they don't say anything, means they haven't compiled the charges on him yet and/or he is being questioned because of the images he took.

Kratos...... rolleyes.gif

but anyway....he was an evil pinko commie arab terrorist that is also a cameramen!!! He must be detained, maybe he took pictures of the USA troops not beign the white knights that the pentagon want to show to the world...

808617[/snapback]

You say he caught the USA in a dirty act... with no facts. For all we know he could have been taking images for terrorist targets around town, or other actions helping them out.

Edited by __Kratos__

You say he caught the USA in a dirty act... with no facts. For all we know he could have been taking images for terrorist targets around town, or other actions helping them out.

i am getting fed up now, stop putting words in my mouth, where did i say the USA was involved in a 'dirty act', i said , i will draw my own conclusions until sufficient information is released. if you have a problem with that, that's your problem.

i have no problem with you thinking what you like about this article, so please cut the control freak act, and let me have mine.

809571[/snapback]

*curses* sorry... the break in the lines was for me to quote in Mekorig. blush.gif sorry about that. I'll go fix that.

I guess this is going to be another one, where we are going to have to agree to disagree cause... this can't lead to anything.

Mashhadani's family have said he was detained after US marines found images on his cameras and his desktop computer.

Hmm... images... could be bad because he could be helping terrorists point out locations or be taking pictures of troop movements.

808141[/snapback]

Or it might have been of Saddam in his underwear as it was the pleasure of the U.S. press to reveal to the world. Or perhaps it was an image of Bin Laden even though many military experts believe he is dead and a double is making the videos. Perhaps it was the Marx Brothers or Porky Pig. No has crystal balls and it is impossible to state what they saw.

What is obvious, however, is that it is very unlikely that "images" so openly visible to intruding soldiers would be highly secret. Equally obvious is the obligation to the world press to reveal what charges are against this man and why he has been denied his freedom.

808141[/snapback]

Or it might have been of Saddam in his underwear as it was the pleasure of the U.S. press to reveal to the world. Or perhaps it was an image of Bin Laden even though many military experts believe he is dead and a double is making the videos. Perhaps it was the Marx Brothers or Porky Pig. No has crystal balls and it is impossible to state what they saw.

What is obvious, however, is that it is very unlikely that "images" so openly visible to intruding soldiers would be highly secret. Equally obvious is the obligation to the world press to reveal what charges are against this man and why he has been denied his freedom.

809593[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif Kind of FUNNY how it wasn't the US press that printed them first! rolleyes.gif

You know... he might even have pictures of future operations or was even spying around the military. They make a living being nosy. At the very least it could be that he is being held for the protection of civillians and/or troops. If you haven't noticed lately the country of Iraq has been fired up by religion and their draft which they are making as a free country. You see a problem, and you try to fix it.

Can you shoot accruately in a combat situation? It isn't an excuse, it is an accident. Amazing that it isn't a huge cover up.  rolleyes.gif

809552[/snapback]

I don't have to, I'm not in the forces, however British troops can shoot straight.

American troops had to be reminded that the Union Jack is the British flag because they kept shooting at us rolleyes.gif

Source Times Online

Tell that to the families of British troops shot by Americans.

However, at the risk of this turning into a flaming match and having the thread closed for being off-topic, I've made my point and shall post no more on the subject.

This thread is about American troops arresting journalists for no obvious reason, not American troops shooting their friends.

ok, i'll repeat it for the slow people

as long as there have been wars, there has been friendly fire

Iraq, Vietnam, World War 2, World war 1, the napoleonic wars, the crusades

the further you delve into military history, the more obvious it is that friendly fire is an inevitable part of combat, crying about it now is ridiculous