Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this a ghost picture?

AngelaMatt

oh wow so many newbies!

Welcome guys, hope you enjoy!

I don't know, im a little bit unsure as to whether it is real or not, i personally dont think it is..

818695[/snapback]

I will say it again; this picture, aside from resizing, has not been altered or edited in any shape, form, or fashion. If you ask my fiancee, she can verify this, and also the fact I don't even HAVE photoshop on this computer. The only program I have is the Kodak software that came with the camera and Microsoft Paint, nothing more.

No, it may not be a ghost picture. It may have some sort of reasonable explaination (I'll know tomorrow when I go back). But ghost or not, this picture has, on my life, not been tampered with. If you still desire proof, I can provide you with my mothers mobile #, who can then verify the anomoly appears in her digital camera, proving it is in fact in the picture and not added later.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AngelaMatt

• Nadia B.

• Charlie_0978

• primordial

I wish some of the most skeptical people could have been there both when the photo was taken and when it was uploaded from the camera to the computer... Matt didn't even see it at first... he went on to the next picture and I told him "Wait! Go back!" and I pointed it out. I really have no idea what it is. I'd think it's really cool if it IS a ghost, spirit, angel or otherworldly being, but still I want to know what it really is.

-Angela

PS. Matt, please put your name at the bottom of your posts so others know weather it's me or you...

johny: that "black figure" is a leaf. look at the original.

And to rosy, so have I, to be exact i have almost 6+ years with graphics programs and i also don't' believe the image is a fake, so I sent it to an expert for analization.

I'm hoping to get some answers within the week.

I find the original people that posted the topic to not have any other intent but to find answers for the image, and what happened to create it.

I hope so. disgust.gif

I wish some of the most skeptical people could have been there both when the photo was taken and when it was uploaded from the camera to the computer... Matt didn't even see it at first... he went on to the next picture and I told him "Wait! Go back!" and I pointed it out. I really have no idea what it is. I'd think it's really cool if it IS a ghost, spirit, angel or otherworldly being, but still I want to know what it really is.

-Angela

PS. Matt, please put your name at the bottom of your posts so others know weather it's me or you...

818792[/snapback]

LOL. Ahh, the joys of cohabitation. Anyway, I'm probably going to get some "boos" here, but the more I look at that pic, the more it does look like a towel over a tree branch. I wonder if there were any workers in the area at the time that would've used a towel to wipe their sweat off. Nasty, I know, but here in FL, people who work outdoors have to have something to keep the sweat out of their eyes. Problem is, if that's what it was, it probably isn't there now. hmm.gif Good Luck, Angela.

I think it looks like a towel, too, but if you look at the full sized picture, not the closeup, the proportions seem off. It seems too large to be a towel if you look at the original pic.

Angela or Matt--

Someone asked this already but who took the pic? Was the camera set on a timer or was someone else there who took the pic? If there was someone taking pictures, did they see anything? Also, if you have a black and white that was taken at the same time, could you post that too? If it truly is a towel or something else reflecting light, you should be able to see something in the other shot even if it looks nothing like a ghost.

disgust.gif OK I am new to this, BUT, at first I thought it was Jesus (don't laugh). Than the legend of a woman in a wedding dress......but now...I know that this is not a picture of a light or any similar explanation. The figure clearly has a face. Distorted, but there is one. And what is that object on top of the head?? And the face....it is really strange. This is either a manipulated photo (not really) or someone/thing was there. I just checked it again, and this is NOT a fake. Take a look at the face.......

[attachmentid=18231]

BTW save this picture to your PC, the resolution is 570X1717........

post-22740-1125505442_thumb.jpg

Edited by atomos

I have a theory, but someone will have to go back to the approximate area to confirm or deny. If you look at along "mid thigh" of the "entity" and to the right (of the picture), there's apparently some kind of marker there. I suspect that this is some sort of exhibit about the local legend, with the "entity" being a prop that is hung next to the marker.

I have a theory, but someone will have to go back to the approximate area to confirm or deny. If you look at along "mid thigh" of the "entity" and to the right (of the picture), there's apparently some kind of marker there. I suspect that this is some sort of exhibit about the local legend, with the "entity" being a prop that is hung next to the marker.

819604[/snapback]

I was wondering too if it might not be a hanging sign of some sort that they just didn't notice when they were there. I guess we'll find that out after they've gone back there.

**New Update as of 8/31/2005**

First off, the camera was not on a timer. A middle-aged woman took the picture with her young son standing beside her. Something came back to my memory when I went back: The woman who took the picture walked BEHIND us to take it. I thought we were facing the backof the trail, but I was wrong. The 'ghost' in the picture is furthur down the trail, not away from it.

This proves there was no one there because after the picture was taken with the woman facing the forward direction of the trail, and us facing away. I mistakenly said we walked in the direction we were facing, but when I went back to the trail, I realized the ghost was 'leading' us if you will. This proves 100% there was no one else there, we would have definately seen it since we were walking in the same direction.

Also, I met up with the guide who did our cave tour. He remembered and verified there was only us 4 on the trail. Someone mentioned the landmarker casting a shadow on the ghost. Photo-Rama of Dothan, Al and the park manager himself both claim this is false, because its not physically possible for the marker to project its shadow in such a way. I thought the shape was a marker BEHIND the ghost, but upon investigation there was no other marker.

Also, the marker comes to my groin, not my chest. Putting the height of the ghost at between 5'3" and 5'7".

I am enclosing the URLS to 10 new pictures. Ignore the date, they were taken today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new.jpg <~~Taken at nearly the same angle as the original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new2.jpg <~~ Closer picture, a little bit furthur down the trail

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new3.jpg <~~ View from behind the marker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new4.jpg <~~ Standing approx. where the ghost is, looking up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new5.jpg <~~ Tree approx. beside ghost, couples initials are carved into it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new6.jpg <~~ Close-up of the marker. You CAN see a similar glow around the reflective metal, HOWEVER several people have already stated the glow would only occur if you were very close to the object. I was 3 feet away when I took the picture, the ghost is about 30 feet away. Big difference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new7.jpg <~~ Approx. spot where the ghost would have been standing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new8.jpg <~~Another close shot of the general ghost/sign area

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new9.jpg <~~ Standing in the ghosts spot, looking out towards the forest

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Archimiel/new10.jpg <~~A few feet down the trail, turning around and showing the opposite view of the area

These pictures, I believe, dispell any chance there was an object reflecting light, or the other theory that someone 'snuck in' the trail, as it can clearly be seen its not reasonable.

So.. I'm still stumped as ever. And to clarify, mine and Angelas intent is not to make money from this, but just to seek answers. This picture may be freely copied by anyone who wishes, so long as it is reproduced in its exact form and free of tampering.

-Matt

look left of the 'light image' and there seems to be a figure there with a large black hood.

818497[/snapback]

THe "hooded figure" looks like a leaf that was enlarged when you zoomed in...at the top it looks like it is coming off of the narrow branch directly above it. Just an opinion! grin2.gif

Good thing returning there..... I studied the original picture a little more, and it would seem that a person known as a ghost is actually following the trail to the left. I think so becouse of the angle of the "face". it seems that the person looked behind on a time the photo was taken (there is a leaf where the face should be, but try looking to the left a little). The figure is also holding a bag. Wait....the woman who took this photo, didn't you say that she was with her son?? So, like, where was he?? Beside her? Are you completly sure?

Edited by atomos

In one word..... weird!

I'm rather very skeptic (don't believe in ghosts) but still I try to keep an objective eye.

It is guenine or not I can't comment 'cause I don't know all the possibilities with photoshop and better people at me already commented that.

The image seems too much complex for me to be a light trick. If someone has examples of such complex light tricks, please send us your pics.

Moreover, I did and do confirm that this "thing" seems to hold an handbag.

If anyone still has some suspicion, I could outline the handbag in a pic such as one poster did.

One poster stated a legend about a ghost in the area... The same??

Very weird...

That picture is definitily strange. It couldn't of been refraction of sunlgiht because as you said, the sun was straight overhead.

I guess its just one of those pictures that are impossible to explain.

Good thing returning there..... I studied the original picture a little more, and it would seem that a person known as a ghost is actually following the trail to the left. I think so becouse of the angle of the "face". it seems that the person looked behind on a time the photo was taken (there is a leaf where the face should be, but try looking to the left a little). The figure is also holding a bag. Wait....the woman who took this photo, didn't you say that she was with her son?? So, like, where was he?? Beside her? Are you completly sure?

820157[/snapback]

Yes, I am 100% certain her son was beside her, I was looking at him.

What would you like us to say, Matt? It's a ghost? Nobody can tell you for sure what that is. Personally, I think that there was something there and it was removed after you left. Possibly something left behind on the trail which was later picked up.

I think that since you guys probably will never know, you got to just accept it as a cool pic. Frame it and hang it up on your wall. Great conversation piece!

What would you like us to say, Matt?  It's a ghost?  Nobody can tell you for sure what that is.  Personally, I think that there was something there and it was removed after you left. Possibly something left behind on the trail which was later picked up. 

I think that since you guys probably will never know, you got to just accept it as a cool pic. Frame it and hang it up on your wall. Great conversation piece!

820305[/snapback]

Mari, if there was something there we would have seen it. I don't want anyone to say anything, I just want to know proof-positive what it is. If its a ghost, fine. If its not, also fine. I just want to know.

If you weren't 100% positive that no one was on the trail with you, I would say that someone was messing with you. The "ghost" looks fake looking or hoaxed to me. Not that you did it. It looks like someone else put that thing there to make it look like a ghost. It's as blatant as someone running around wearing a sheet with holes cut out for eyes. This is why I can't think that this is a ghost. Why would it appear in that fashion? I know that if I were you, I would be just as confused as you are. I understand why you want to know what that is. It's intriguing but unfortunately I don't think you're going to ever get a concrete answer.

Have you tried asking around if anyone else has ever taken weird pictures in this area or seen anything in these particular woods?

If you weren't 100% positive that no one was on the trail with you, I would say that someone was messing with you.  The "ghost" looks fake looking or hoaxed to me.  Not that you did it. It looks like someone else put that thing there to make it look like a ghost.  It's as blatant as someone running around wearing a sheet with holes cut out for eyes.  This is why I can't think that this is a ghost.  Why would it appear in that fashion?  I know that if I were you, I would be just as confused as you are. I understand why you want to know what that is.  It's intriguing but unfortunately I don't think you're going to ever get a concrete answer.

Have you tried asking around if anyone else has ever taken weird pictures in this area or seen anything in these particular woods?

820372[/snapback]

If it was something that could be physically seen, we would have seen it.

I asked the Caverns staff. They said no one has every mentioned a ghost to them. However, on this site, if you search under Caverns, there is supposedly a ghost picture from there.