Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Orleans in for it

smallpackage

was listening to the radio this morning...

apparently, certain a certain news agency (i don't know which one) showed pictures of people looting. HOWEVER, the picture with the white people looting said that they 'found' the bread and food they were carrying. Another picture with black people carrying THE EXACT SAME THINGS said that they had looted it.

angry.gifno.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Essan

• _Nyx_

• coldwhitelight

Now maybe thousands dead. They don't know. If the people that survived and made it to land.... well, they may die. There is no help!

here

There isn't any water. You can't survive long without water.

Edited by Babs

it looks like the 3rd world now, and i'm reading about gangs cleaning out the gun section in a walmart, and now roaming and looting, reminds me of escape from new york, that's probably what the place is going to become.

Gun battles have already broken out... reading of cops being overwelmed. But the Marines are down there. happy.gif Once they stop looking for people trapped those looters will flee from the boys in green. devil.gif Nobody wants a p***ed off Marine on their tail. thumbsup.gif

the tragically hip were extremely prophetic, with their song"new orleans is sinking"

and, yeah why woud you build or live in a city below sea level, with levy's only to protect you. and rebuild it again on the same spot, knowing it will happen again.

it looks like the 3rd world now, and i'm reading about gangs cleaning out the gun section in a walmart, and now roaming and looting, reminds me of escape from new york, that's probably what the place is going to become.

and yeah oil rigs in the gulf went down, but that makes it ok to raise gas prices by $0.20 this morning.

what a mess.

and i guess i feel sorry for those who lost it all, and disgusted by those who see this only as an opportunity to loot, and a not an opportunity to work together to rescue other people, to start with sandbags somewhere, and a pump and at least try to reclaim the property an acre at a time.

3-4 months before they can get back!!! wow. new orleans is becoming the modern atlantis.

but the cynic in me is waiting for the big battles to begin between the gang of looters and the national guard.

it's real messy and it's just gonna get messier.

819606[/snapback]

Yes, it is a mess. Just what I was thinking. There is no law when a natural disaster like this occurs. The police are there, but they can't do anything to help. The people will probably end up killing each other and running amuck. It will be chaos.

We have to watch people die. A baby died this morning and I think a woman had a heart attack. There is no medical help.

President Bush cut his vacation short...What the hell?.... he's always on vacation or riding a friggin bike! mad.gif What's with this guy. He is assessing the situation with the proper authoritites. Naval ships are coming in.

My aunts house is ok.....hole in the roof is about all.......my cousin finally called....he's alright.... original.gif

819803[/snapback]

That is good news Lila and I bet your relieved to hear it.

That's good to hear, Lila. original.gif

I'm glad everyone is ok.

I hope we hear from Men in Mudboots soon...... sad.gif

The government has to do something!

The country just can't watch all these people die.

Bring in the heavy equipment Bush. I hear the airlines are flying in with supplies and taking out refugees. bounce.gifbounce.gifthumbup.gifgunsmilie.gif And the navel ships are coming in.

It can't be too fast.

Edited by Babs

President Clinton and President Bush senior will be appealing to the international community for help, as they did for the Tsunami victims. We are are in deep here. Very worried about widespread disease. We gotta problem.

This is bigger than I first thought, It makes me want to do something to help. I hope that all the people involved can come together and help each other get back to normality as soon as they can.

Hurricane katrina was being watched for about a month, then finally declared it "easy". After a night, The easy storm had become a raging hurricane, destroying everything in its path. Later, in the aftermath, 0a flood had completely filled New Orleand up to 2o ft high in some areas. People were stuck without drinkable water, food, shelter, or good health. I believe that Bush should send helicopters, or IMMEDIATLY drain the water out of the town, instead of waiting.

Our soldiers in Iraq are coming home, the ones that live in Louisiana, to help their families. I am so happy the government is bringing them home. I was hoping this would happen, I didn't dare think they would bring um home, but how can a soldier fight in Iraq when his family is crying for help?

Well said Babs.

Besides, why should a man fight for some country overseas, when his own is in such a state of turmoil? Whoever wants to come back should be allowed to, nothing should take priority over helping fellow countrymen in desperate need, especially when help is so scare.

Our soldiers in Iraq are coming home, the ones that live in Louisiana, to help their families. I am so happy the government is bringing them home. I was hoping this would happen, I didn't dare think they would bring um home, but how can a soldier fight in Iraq when his family is crying for help?

822256[/snapback]

Really? I hope that's the case, but I had heard earlier today that they had denied the overseas troops coming back and that local forces would take over. Maybe it is just for those who have family in the areas? They had damn well better let these men and women have the chance to come home and help their families!

thumbsup.gif Right-o, Burns.

Edited by JennRose

Thank you BurnSide. I heard it was only the soldiers who have families in the gulf states. Can you imagine the hell those soldiers are feeling now? It must be horrible.

or IMMEDIATLY drain the water out of the town, instead of waiting.

how would you propose that? give bush a straw and send him down? he sucks allot right? tongue.gif

see i'm fair in dishing out insults

Edited by bathory

indeed. no one is waiting to drain the water, it's simply not a possibility. there isn't a giant plug to pull. it'll take weeks to get it all out.

edit:

i prefered your first remark bathory. original.gif

Edited by BurnSide

The evacuated refugees and all others that will be rescued need psychiatrists and mental health care professionals. People on psychiactric drugs are in trouble.... can go wild being off their medications. We need mental health doctors for all to deal with the anger and despair that these people will be facing, not to mention the disease they may already have, and not know about (tuberculosis, etc.)

*The health care professionals are calling out for mental health care professionals.* They say the people are in trouble psychologically and emotionally. Many just lay in a fetal position. The health care professionals that are at the Astrodome, in Texas, aren't in the psychiatric field.

20 countries have come forward to help. We are all grateful and want help. We have to get the right help in the right places; our authorities have told these generous countries that it will take time before we can utilize their help. Please bear with us. It will take time for all to get help. sad.gif

Edited by Babs

Last night, Nagin was under considerable pressure by state officials and weather experts to evacuate the city, but he worried about the legality of ordering people out when New Orleans had few safe hurricane shelters for them to evacuate to.

New Orleans is a city that is six feet below sea level bordering lakes and rivers. Every year the city is hit by tropical storms and hurricanes. To hear City and State officials say that thay did not want to order an evacuation because they had few safe hurricane shelters for them to evacuate to is absolutely absurd. The city of New Orleans is a hurricane zone City and State governments should have been prepared for a emergency situation.

The BBC's Alastair Leithead in New Orleans says there is panic as vital supplies run out. Heavily armed police have been trying to impose a form of martial law to stem outbreaks of looting.

While some looters are stealing non-essential goods, others are simply trying to find food and water.

When a natural disaster hits and it becomes a emergency situation. Taking thing like food and water to survive can be tolerated. But when you see people breaking into electronic stores taking taking things like a plasma TV's, DVD players, and video games that's just vandalism and stealing.

and, yeah why woud you build or live in a city below sea level, with levy's only to protect you. and rebuild it again on the same spot, knowing it will happen again.

In the Netherlands the whole country is below sea level. The Dutch people have managed to keep there country from going under water by building two huge arm dams.

President Bush cut his vacation short...What the hell?.... he's always on vacation or riding a friggin bike! mad.gif What's with this guy.

President George W. Bush doesn't know what he is doing. Like in 9/11 he has to wait until other people tell him what to do.

Edited by coldwhitelight

President George W. Bush dosn't know what he is doing. Like in 9/11 he has to wait until other people tell him what to do

what exactly do you want him to do? wave his magic wand? declare a national emergency and use dictatorial powers?

Read this and ****

President Bush cut his vacation short...What the hell?.... he's always on vacation or riding a friggin bike! mad.gif What's with this guy.

Mobile phones, planes and the internet means he doesn't have to sit in the whitehouse to get work done.

Edited by bathory

"We have individuals who are getting raped, we have individuals who are getting beaten," Compass said. "Tourists are walking in that direction and they are getting preyed upon."

Now THAT is just wrong no.gif