Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the RAF Hunt UFO's in the 1950's ?

UM-Bot

news iconThey have been the subject of derision for claiming aliens have visited Earth from outer space, but believers in the existence of UFOs were this weekend excitedly poring over newly released military documents that show how fighter aircraft were scrambled to intercept strange shapes in Britain's skies.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Observer

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• UM-Bot

• Starlyte

• Nethius

Top Posters In This Topic

After receiving numerous calls reporting bright lights darting across the sky, fighters from RAF Lakenheath spent more than seven hours trying to shoot down the objects, which were picked up on army radar screens.

Was this a shoot first ask questions later kind of incident? If they were spacecraft from another world, we're lucky they didn't shoot back.

great post!

who else thinks it's not such a grwat idea to shoot them down!!! i mean geez if it was really creatures from an advance civilization, they could probably wipe us out quite quickly!

fighters from RAF Lakenheath spent more than seven hours trying to shoot down the objects

Whatever they were, the RAF evidently had little luck in shooting them down.

dontgetit.gif

Yes, I particularly like the way they tried to shoot them down for seven hours. It took seven hours before somebody said Look here you chaps, I don't think we're going to get them.