Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

click click drag

Red-eye Dragoon

This story was told to me by friends and grandparents.

In a small town of Kentucky there was this old war veteran. His legs were blown off in the war, and so the only way he could move around was by dragging himself around by his long long long nails. He was also a psycho. He would come around the town and disembowel people with his long long nails. So, because of this, the people were ordered to go inside at exactly 6:00 pm and lock their doors.

Well, one night a little girl asked her mom if she could go play at her friends house. The mother looked at the clock, it was 4:00. She told the little girl to be home by 5:45 because thats when "click-click" came out. The little girl agreed and was on her way. She played and played and I guess she lost track of time because when she headed home, it was already 5:48. She thought, no hurry, ill make it home on time. But that was when she saw the ice cream man. She bought one and by the time she really started to go home was 6:00. She observed people locking their doors and calling in there kids.

"Shoot, I'd better run". she thought. Finally she reached her street. But thats when she heard the noise, click click drag click click drag. It got louder and louder. She turned around to make sure he wasn't there but he was. Meanwhile, her mother was inside getting ready for bed, she figured her daughter was already asleep so she decided not to wake her. Then she heard knocking and pounding on the door, she figured it was the click click an paid no attention. It was really her daughter though, wanting to come inside. The next morning, the mother opened the door to get her newspaper only to find her daughters body and in blood written on the tree was, "Mom why didn't you open the door?"

[/color]

anyone heard this one?

i know of a varitation involving a mad scientist.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chaos's_Realm

• manitou

• chaosdarksoulz

• TaintedDoughnuts

This story was told to me by friends and grandparents.

In a small town of Kentucky there was this old war veteran. His legs were blown off in the war, and so the only way he could move around was by dragging himself around by his long long long nails. He was also a psycho. He would come around the town and disembowel people with his long long nails. So, because of this, the people were ordered to go inside at exactly 6:00 pm and lock their doors.

Well, one night a little girl asked her mom if she could go play at her friends house. The mother looked at the clock, it was 4:00. She told the little girl to be home by 5:45 because thats when "click-click" came out. The little girl agreed and was on her way. She played and played and I guess she lost track of time because when she headed home, it was already 5:48. She thought, no hurry, ill make it home on time. But that was when she saw the ice cream man. She bought one and by the time she really started to go home was 6:00. She observed people locking their doors and calling in there kids.

"Shoot, I'd better run". she thought. Finally she reached her street. But thats when she heard the noise, click click drag click click drag. It got louder and louder. She turned around to make sure he wasn't there but he was. Meanwhile, her mother was inside getting ready for bed, she figured her daughter was already asleep so she decided not to wake her. Then she heard knocking and pounding on the door, she figured it was the click click an paid no attention. It was really her daughter though, wanting to come inside. The next morning, the mother opened the door to get her newspaper only to find her daughters body and in blood written on the tree was, "Mom why didn't you open the door?"

[/color]

anyone heard this one?

i know of a varitation involving a mad scientist.

816666[/snapback]

scary read mine

Wow, a really crappy story. First of all, if there was a crazy man that cut people up they would lock him up. Finger nails can't get long enough to cut anybody up and they'd break while trying to support all that wieght. And would she really have the time or even take the time to write that in her own blood, I'd be to concerned about running for my life.

Edited by GhostDJR

Wow Ghost, you're just the Urban Legend Debunker, aren't ya! thumbsup.gif

Hey Ghost, that's the great part about Urban Legends, they can have parts of the story that don't make sense. That's part of the reason why they are so intriguing. To get into them, you just kinda have to go with em, enjoy the story and take it for what it's worth.

I agree with Ghost, this story is not scary at all because it's so made-up. I wonder why the mother wasn't concerned about her daughter, she hadn't seen her get back home. So full of excrement, this UL is. A very bad one.

I agree with Ghost, this story is not scary at all because it's so made-up. I wonder why the mother wasn't concerned about her daughter, she hadn't seen her get back home. So full of excrement, this UL is. A very bad one.

I agree, look at Zombie movies, they're good for a scare, but they're totally stupid!

Regardless, they rock!

Nice work to ghost for the debunk though wink2.gif

I agree, look at Zombie movies, they're good for a scare, but they're totally stupid!

Regardless, they rock!

820751[/snapback]

What are you talking about? Zombie movies are movies, just a sudden loud bang in itself can be scary, this story is not scary in any sense.

cool story not scary to me but to little kids they would have nightmares about that for sure.They would turn around in the street and think "click-click" is there

I think the whole point of this story was to keep kids from running arround outside at night.

because he is a psycho and if they approached him he would just rip them to shreds.Nuclear weapons would be the answer

an ok story, imo a bit lame from a more realistic view, no way a no-legged man could catch up with you, you could throw rocks at him or something. thumbsup.gif

• 10 months later...

I heard this story a long time ago, probably 10 or so years ago, and it's quite a bit different. The one I heard goes something like this:

Lakeview, Oregon was a quaint town located on the banks of Green Lake. The quiet town was filled with tree lined streets, picket fences and the friendliness you could only find in a small town. Yet beneath the squeaky clean image of Americana lied a sinister beast. Something so evil and inhumane, no townsfolk ever thought of mentioning it. Every town has their secrets and Lakeview's secret killed.

It was 1972 and Charles Johnson had just returned home from Vietnam, severely disfigured because of the war. Charles had lost both his legs in an attack on a small village located deep in the jungles of Vietnam. He returned to a town celebrating his fight, but often pitying his disfigurement.

Being handicap did not come easy for Charles, who was the star quarterback for the Lakeview High football team. And being mostly locked up in his house, left to cope with the memory of war, slowly drove him insane.

By 1973 Charles had completely isolated himself from Lakeview. Often talked of in circles, he quickly became a local urban legend. Kids would fear him, parents would point toward his window and whisper to one another. And one night, as the fog rolled in from Green Lake, Charles snapped.

Strapping himself to a slab of wood, he placed wheels on it and secured his legs to it. His greasy, long hair covered his face while his sharp, overgrown nails would scrape the ground as he slid on it. Armed with a knife, Charles slaughtered 4 people around town that foggy night. All were out late, walking and unaware of the scary soul lurking in the thick fog.

Charles was caught by the local authorities and was sentenced to spend the rest of his days in the local insane asylum. He lived there until a massive fire ripped through it one summer night, most of the inmates got out but Charles, who had been left tied to the bed, was burned alive.

Now it's said his ghost haunts the small town of Lakeview, Oregon and is brought in by the fog off Green Lake. He only comes out at night and makes a distinctive noise while traveling down the sidewalk. Scrape, scrape, clink, scrape, scrape, clink -- the sound of his nails scraping against the ground and the wheels clicking against the cracks in the sidewalk.

Obviously my version is a bit different and I probably added to it. I remember there was a story that involved a little girl and her grandpa. Something with her going to the store, trying to get home (walking on the grass since that was the only way he couldn't get you) and knocking on the door, but him not hearing it because his music was too loud.

Of course stories change both when told and in our minds over the years. This story creeped me out when told because I pictured a guy with really long greasy hair, an army jacket and long finger nails. It also didn't help that a few years later X-Files did an episode where a midget-like creature moved around on a board with wheels, just like Charles from the urban legend I had heard years before.

user posted image

Either way, if told right, it can be very spooky. In fact, I think it'd make a good movie.

Edited by Comrade Horror

user posted image

Hey, that's Deep Roy! He's an Oompa Loompa now! :tu:

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Kinda dumb but first of all why didnt they lock him up like some one earlier said. Second of all how could he make up enough speed to chase after a little girl who can run and third of all how the hell is it dark at 6:00 Like what the heck is that. :hmm:

Oh it's one of those morality stories:

1. Kids, mind your parents and be home on time.

2. Parents, protect your children.

3. Kids, don't talk to strangers.

Pffft. Good for Girlscout camp I guess.