Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interesting Verse

lismore

Hi there original.gif

Here is an interesting and not very well used idea: was just wondering what you think of it.

Meek is not weak ohmy.gif

Matthew 5: 43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Romans 12: 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 20On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

wink2.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Link of Hyrule

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• lismore

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it has been said, left in God's hands, for those that do ill against you (and especially orphans and widows) God will replay that evil 7 fold or 10 fold. Judgement is better left in God's hands, for man was not made for judgement. One day, that love of your neighbour and enemies will be needed, because their life will be in your hands. Such matters need to be in trustworthy and compassionate hands...

Perhaps the hardest thing to do is to offer love to someone who has wronged you. To provide forgiveness while not being a proverbial doormat. They're great passages though. I love 'em thumbsup.gif

Regards, PA

exactly kill them with kindness.

Hi there original.gif

Here is an interesting and not very well used idea:  was just wondering what you think of it.

Meek is not weak ohmy.gif

Matthew 5: 43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Romans 12: 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 20On the contrary:    "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

wink2.gif

817373[/snapback]

Only a diety with needs avenges anything or has any kind of wrath "you'll heap burning coals on your enemys head by feeding him and so on.

Its not nessecary to get some one to choose a higher behavior by threatening them, Who thinks in these terms anymore, Why do you need a God to require you to do the things that are best for you anyways and to stop you from donig the things that are bad for you, Whats being said here is what you do to another you really do to yourself so don't do it only choose loving behavior because you only would want that in return this is basic common sense Listen if I

hit you on the head with a hammer the first time you are gonna tell me to stop if I hit you on the head with a hammer again you are gonna take that hammer and hit me back so you see we both get hurt it doesn't matter who starts it , children get this very quickly We are all one Could it be that a diety that uses threats and punishnment to end threats and punishment has gotten something backwards, I may be odd man out here but I see something insane in this idea. Namaste sheri

PA it is the most natural thing in the world to love and forgive even those that have hurt you you only have to try it out to understand the wisdom in it. It concerns me when religons are struggling to be good people. Being good is natural., unless you have come to beleive otherwise.

Sheri - I know you are a forgiving person. You have a lovely spirit. But for the rest of us mere mortals, forgiveness can be hard.

if I hit you on the head with a hammer the first time you are gonna tell me to stop if I hit you on the head with a hammer again you are gonna take that hammer and hit me back

Isn't the essence of forgiveness not to hit back with the hammer even after the second time? Or the third? Or the thirty-third?

Regards, PA

If you are a doormat PA, as a practical matter settin aside religion for a moment, if you are looking for whats best in a situation with someone who is hitting you with a hammer and what is best for you is to stop being hit with the hammer and this will be good for the two involved for even an abuser is abused if you allow his abuse to continue , by allowing it to continue ( in certain circumstances)it would not be healing it would be hurtful, because if an abuser finds his abuse accepable what has he learned, but what if his abuse will not be tolerated what has he been allowed to duiscover?? So you see treating others with love does not always mean allowing them to do wahtever they want when you come from a high place of love you will know whats appropriate for the situation and of course you would try to be non violent , but sometimes you are called upon in life to go to war to stop war, Namaste Sheri

Being good is natural

Surely, you jest! You cannot say such a thing because that is completely false under the following terms:

1. IF YOU ARE A HUMAN

For you see, we - humans are a fallen race. Our nature is to follow our feelings. I fail to see how you can seriously say that it is natural for a human being to be loving and forgiving. When you're angry, you will be driven to be resentful and mean toward the person who wronged you. When someone treats you nice, its ONLY natural that you treat them the same way. What Jesus is telling us, is that we must treat each other with unconditional, agape love. What is natural? To treat people the way they treat you! yes.gif The unnatural, and right thing to do is to treat everyone equally and right, no matter how they treat you. That is love. That is not our fallen nature. It is a trait of the reborn.

Being good is natural

Surely, you jest! You cannot say such a thing because that is completely false under the following terms:

1. IF YOU ARE A HUMAN

For you see, we - humans are a fallen race. Our nature is to follow our feelings. I fail to see how you can seriously say that it is natural for a human being to be loving and forgiving. When you're angry, you will be driven to be resentful and mean toward the person who wronged you. When someone treats you nice, its ONLY natural that you treat them the same way. What Jesus is telling us, is that we must treat each other with unconditional, agape love. What is natural? To treat people the way they treat you! yes.gif The unnatural, and right thing to do is to treat everyone equally and right, no matter how they treat you. That is love. That is not our fallen nature. It is a trait of the reborn.

818703[/snapback]

Norman you are coming from a reactive stand point meaning in order for you to be its dependent on what the other is being that is the separtist mentality thats not what I'm referring to here, I do not react to life I create the life i want I live my life awake not asleep, I'm not religious nor do I support the ideas of religoin. Namaste Sheri

nothing like starting out in a hole.

"the fallen race": rather humans are the evolving race (don't take that to just refer to evolutionary theory either). Man as the animal is reactionary. So for man the animal, natural and GOOD is to react and that in animalistic terms is to repay in kind! To be more than the animal is to use the evolved sense of foresight. Humans can be pro-active.

Jesus only expressed what any 5 year old in touch with his/her senses knows. Jesus was not the first or last to state the obvious either. Too bad he did such a poor job of teaching it to his followers that they created the most un-enlightening dogma to ever curse this earth.

Edited by hyperactive

Hyper you are a true wordsmith my friend again another awesome post!!!Namaste sheri

Jesus only expressed what any 5 year old in touch with his/her senses knows. 

818753[/snapback]

The last five year old I saw was screaming at his mother because she wouldn't buy him a chocolate bar thumbsup.gif

@ the same time, the same Bible that says love your enemies, pray for those who despitefully use you, says vengeance is mine saith the LORD & I shall repay. Don't just let people run all over you & abuse you because you're a believer. Pray & ask God to vindicate you & plead your case with those who abuse you. I've seen strange things happen to people who've abused me in the past after I prayed that prayer.

for some reason i feel guilty by being all nice to someone who hates me smiling and saying "thats it tease me fool God shall punish you!!"

And knowing im dooming a soul to hell, makes you feel guilty.

and your point is, PA?  rolleyes.gif

819483[/snapback]

Isn't it obvious innocent.gif

and your point is, PA?  rolleyes.gif

819483[/snapback]

Isn't it obvious innocent.gif

821050[/snapback]

that you don't understand the difference between mental age and physical age?

Or that you prefer to judge a book by its cover?

or you just like to play the logical fallacy game?

Edited by hyperactive