Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Looting in New Orleans

joc

I've wondered about this myself. I know that financial it was almost impossible for some to leave ( mainly the people in the projects that we saw on the news today, the people stuck on the overpasses and what-not ). But these people were given plenty of notice and could have left on Sunday if they wished. There were many free shuttles taking folks out of the city and away from the path of Katrina.

Why did thousands of people stay when they knew the storm was coming?

I would hate to think that people stuck around just so they could loot but its looking that way more and more.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Faeden

• Commander CMG

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

imagine if this were to happen world wide...like a huge global disaster happening covering half of the world at the same time. ohmy.gif our economy/world would become instantly something like we see in the movies.

Joc...

Your right I am smarter than I sometimes portray with my typing grin2.gif I don't hate Bush I just think he is the wrong man for the job. But until our government consists of earth friendly (not the highly rich elite) people, then money will always come into play. I know that the water is contaminated; However, they could come up with a plan - like dropping the food in water proof containers thumbsup.gif I do agree that this is just a 'drop in the bucket' of what is yet to come ohmy.gif Remember the 'black out' a few years back. Plans should have already been in place, just like plans for invading Iraq should have been yes.gif

Joc...

The mentality is: We Hate The Man...i.e., we hate white people, they have oppressed us and it is THEIR fault we live in the ghetto and are poor....we are just taking what is rightfully ours anyway...the White Man doesn't care if we live or die. It is a sad moment for the entire American African Community. It isn't because they are poor. It isn't because they are black. It is because they have filled their minds with Entitlement Propoganda Thinking...and where does that come from? Unfortunately from the "leaders" in Washington...Jesse Jackson and the like.

How do you know their mentality ? Unless you are one of them...this statement is very judgemental yes.gifph34r.gif Maybe the Native Americans should use this mentality and take back their land huh.gif oh wait, they were killed off, also - just kill off all of the people who don't have the same mentality as you happy.gif

What will be will be, everything is as it should be. wub.gif

in Light and Love ALWAYS, Me_Again

P.S. My TV broke, maybe I could buy one from one of the looters w00t.gif

but I don't think I'll have a use for one in my cave ph34r.gif

I have not read everyones posts but I will add to the discussion anyway. If I see a man or woman stepping out of a Wal Mart in these trying times carrying diapers, bottled water, and some food I would in all likelihood turn a blind eye. If I see a man or women stepping out of the same Wal Mart carrying a T.V., a stereo, a stack of CD's or DVD's they are not trying to survive they are stealing. That being said considering the situation I do believe I would, after a verbal warning, fire on the person stealing the unnecessary items. It is despicable behavior and an example needs to be made. What we have is the worst in human nature being played out on national Television, Radio and the print media. Take note everyone this is our society and only we can fix it.

German callousness towards victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Kicking Hurricane Victims While They're Down

By Claus Christian Malzahn

August 31, 2005

Der Spiegel

Hurricane Katrina has cost the lives of hundreds and devastated the US Gulf Coast. But instead of aid donations and sympathy, the Americans have heard little more than a haughty "I told you so" from Germany. It's another low point for trans-Atlantic relations -- and set off by a German minister. How pathetic.

For the record: German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder offered his condolences to US President George W. Bush for the Hurricane Katrina disaster that has hit the Gulf Coast. Both he and his fellow Germans, Schröder wrote, feel "great sympathy for the fate of those people affected by the hurricane."

Nice words to be sure, but that was it. No pledges of aid money, no announcements of immediate help -- although finally, two days later, the German interior minister did manage to come out with a hesitant offer of assistance. And let's be honest, the crisis region this time around isn't in the Third World, but is in the United States of America. There really isn't much of a need for German helpers -- experienced as they may be from aid missions from Kosovo to Afghanistan -- because the American authorities are already doing as much as can be done.

Nevertheless, German aid money delivered to American aid agencies would surely be welcome on the other side of the Atlantic. But apparently, people over here believe that the Americans over there don't really need help. Strange. The same people who normally spend their time pointing their holier-than-thou fingers at the ghettos and slums in the US, the same ones who describe America as an out-of-control capitalist monster, are now, when the Americans could really use a bit of help, oddly quiet.

Cold and malicious

Apparently the Americans had it coming: "The American president has closed his eyes to the economic and human damage that natural catastrophes such as Katrina -- in other words, disasters caused by a lack of climate protection measures -- can visit on his country." Who wrote this? None other than Jürgen Trittin, Germany's minister of the environment.

At a moment when the dead on the Gulf Coast are still being counted, the German minister of the environment could think of nothing better to do than -- in an essay published Tuesday in the center-left daily Frankfurter Rundschau -- to blame the US itself for the catastrophe. The piece is 493 words long, and not a single one of them is wasted to express any sort of sympathy for the victims of the storm. The worst of it is that Trittin isn't alone with his cold, malicious tenor. The coverage from much of the German media tends in the same direction: If Bush had only listened to Uncle Trittin and signed the Kyoto Protocol, then this never would have happened.

bull****. Trittin's article is a slap in the face to all the victims. Let's just assume that the environment minister is right, that there is a direct relationship between greenhouse gases and Hurricane Katrina. Even still this would hardly be the time for yet another round of America bashing and finger pointing. Three years ago, just before the US election, former Minister of Justice Hertha Däubler Gmelin compared US President George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler. This time, with German elections looming, the environment minister is using a natural catastrophe as an excuse to once again campaign with subtle anti-Americanism and to unabashedly pat himself on the back. A "Kyoto Two" is "desperately needed" screamed the headline over his insensitive attack.

There are scientists and Nobel Prize winners who see the problem of global warming totally different than Trittin. Many consider the fight against AIDS, hunger and malaria as higher priorities than a reduction of carbon dioxide output. Last year, some of these experts jointly published the "Copenhagen Consensus," in which they outlined the greatest problems facing the world. Global warming figured low on the list. And believe it or not, the scientists are not on the payroll of the Texas oil industry. But that's hardly the point at the moment. Right now, the situation calls for empathy with the people in the American south who are suffering the after effects of the massive storm.

It's not the American people's fault that the storm hit and they couldn't have stopped it. The Germans, on the other hand, could have done a lot to prevent World War II. And yet, care packages still rained down from US troops. Trittin's know-it-all stance is therefore not only tasteless, it is also historically blind.

When your neighbor's car will not start one cold winter morning you are there with your jumper cables to lend a hand. When the next week his car has a flat there you are helping him change his tire. When the next week he needs a ride to the store to pick up a few items because his wife has the car and he can't afford 2 cars there you are driving him to the store. When the next week your car is stolen and you ask him to please give you a ride to work until your insurance settles with you he tells you it is your fault that the car got stolen and instead of giving you a ride he lends you a bicycle with a flat tire. In other words Germany can kiss my lilly white 3 foot off the ground backside. The next time they are in need of anything we should take the lesson learned and tell them to kiss off.

Another storm in New Orleans and the fires that were set are spreading with the winds that are whipping up. All they need is another storm. A total mess.

Military needs to go in and kill the criminals, if necessary. To save the people and stop widespread disease that we know is coming. sad.gif

I do not think its right to blame anyone yet or at all, many countries are responsible for global warming the blame (if this is global warming) should be put on humanity.

I do not think they will say anything on American news channels but here there is talk of people calling groups to take up arms and its not just black people, and there is talk of the start of a civil war in America because they say Bush is not doing enough and they take it as a threat because of the army presence, and that they should have the right to take what they wish to survive, I do not believe this, I think its just hype, but that is what some folks are starting to say.

All the best

Faeden

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I do not think its right to blame anyone yet or at all, many countries are responsible for global warming the blame (if this is global warming) should be put on humanity.

I do not think they will say anything on American news channels, but here there is talk of people calling groups to take up arms, and its not just black people, and there is talk of the start of a civil war in America because they say Bush is not doing enough, and they take it as a threat that there is army presence, I do not believe this, I think its just hype, but that is what some folks are starting to say.

All the best

Faeden

821298[/snapback]

I heard that as well, about the global warming.

Emotions are running high for a lot of these people, but they are taking up arms and from the footage I have seen so far... it is mainly black people. There are some other races in there as well but New Orleans demographic is what? I think that is hype as well, even though we have the right to bear arms, it would take a helluva force to create an another civil war because once that one group flared up... America would hit'em and hit'em hard. Anybody remember Waco?

Global Warming, please give me a break. Blaming this ,NATURAL disaster on global warming is like blaming Ronald McDonald for a bad hamburger. Global warming is not responsible for this storm nor is it responsible for Hurricane Andrew, Camille, Donna, Ivan, Hugo, Lilly, ETC ETC......angry.gif

Edited by twpdyp

Global Warming, please give me a break. Blaming this ,NATURAL disaster on global warming is like blaming Ronald McDonald for a bad hamburger. Global warming is not responsible for this storm nor is it responsible for Hurricane Andrew, Camille, Donna, Ivan, Hugo, Lilly, ETC ETC......angry.gif

821313[/snapback]

I am not saying it is global warming, but its a scientific fact that global warming is happening, and its making weather more and more extreme, yes its natural, but humans and there pollution are making nature fight back, and become more extreme and dangerous, maybe you should do your homework, instead of putting your head in the sand. Again I am not saying this is definitely to do with global warming, but I would not be surprised if it was.

Why do some people refuse to listen to what they are being told and spot the obvious? and then get angry when they are reminded of it?

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I was surprized Germany offered assistance. The word here is: America gives money to all these nations and when America needs help no one steps up to the plate. The radio across the nation here is mad.

I was surprized Germany offered assistance. The word here is: America gives money to all these nations and when America needs help no one steps up to the plate. The radio across the nation here is mad.

821327[/snapback]

Chavez has offered to send aid as well. rolleyes.gif

Wow, I didn't know that. Where are you getting this international information?

Wow, I didn't know that. Where are you getting this international information?

821335[/snapback]

I'll find you the link asap, I was reading it this morning... he called Bush a cowboy as well. rolleyes.gif

Linky: 'Cowboy' Bush failed in Katrina evacuation - Chavez

rolleyes.gif

Edited by __Kratos__

I've been on the BBC and Reuters news websites and I haven't seen anything about the start of a possible civil war in the US.

All I've seen is people coming together collecting supplies, getting any and all spare rooms ready, schools preparing to have an influx of students, Housing Authority making preparations for rent free housing, people donating clothes, businesses preparing to hire extra crews and restaraunts giving away food.

I am not saying it is global warming, but its a scientific fact that global warming is happening, and its making weather more and more extreme, yes its natural, but humans and there pollution is making nature fight back, and become more extreme and dangerous, maybe you should do your homework, instead of putting your head in the sand. Again I am not saying this is definitely to do with global warming, but I would not be surprised if it was.

Why do some people refuse to listen to what they are being told and stop the obvious? and then get angry when they are reminded of it?

All the best

Faeden

My head in the sand you say, did it ever occur to you that my home work leads me to a different conclusion. I am not disputing the scientific fact of global warming I am disputing the effect man may or may not have had on this naturally occurring phenomenon.

821327[/snapback]

Yes it is frustrating, it is the same here in the UK, major floods and no one steps in to help there are homes without power and houses flooded with families homeless.

People are being robbed and raped there at night. 3 people have been killed. ohmy.gif Utter mayhem; at night the criminals have taken over. Guns everywhere. They've got guns. They don't care about being rescued or about the poor people, the criminals and criminal types just want to go out with a bang.

I say kill um!

NEW ORLEANS - Fights and trash fires broke out, rescue helicopters were shot at and anger mounted across New Orleans on Thursday, as National Guardsmen in armored vehicles poured in to help restore order across this increasingly desperate and lawless city.

"We are out here like pure animals. We don't have help," the Rev. Issac Clark, 68, said outside the New Orleans Convention Center, where corpses lay in the open and evacuees complained that they were dropped off and given nothing.

An additional 10,000 National Guardsman from across the country were ordered into the hurricane-ravaged Gulf Coast to shore up security, rescue and relief operations in Katrina's wake as looting, shootings, gunfire, carjackings spread and food and water ran out.

It seems that all the anarchists on the forum have their wish...albeit on a smaller scale. Anarchy and pandamonium.

I feel so sad for the 'good' people affected by all this...I just wish I could go there and help...but alas, there is nothing that I can do except donate some of my money to the relief fund...which I have already done. sad.gif

I've been on the BBC and Reuters news websites and I haven't seen anything about the start of a possible civil war in the US.

All I've seen is people coming together collecting supplies, getting any and all spare rooms ready, schools preparing to have an influx of students, Housing Authority making  preparations for rent free housing, people donating clothes, businesses preparing to hire extra crews and restaraunts giving away food.

821344[/snapback]

I must be lying then thumbsup.gif

Whether you believe me or not people where talking about it, no one said it was happening, but its being talked about. You are entitled to your opinion, but many people are guided away from the facts of global warming, because many will start to protest and governments do not care about it, because doing something about it will cost them money. I know there are good people there coming together and helping each other out, look at the thread i did yesterday about sharing homes, but most of the ones in real danger are getting really p***ed.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Well... we have Marines down there... arm'em up. Plus we have a ship or two making way down there... If anything send unit's in to shoot & kill... we need order not try and calm a city down with talking with them one by one. hmm.gif

Please don't put words in my mouth, I never said you were lying.

All I said was that I didn't see it on BBC or Reuters. They must not be in on the spreading of hype other news sources are.

FYI, the day after the hurricane, Canada offered assistance to the US. But as far as I know, they haven't accepted it at this point in time.

821385[/snapback]

Alright, noted Disinterested. original.gif If anything we should accept it... it's one big crap sandwich and a lot of people are taking bites of it. hmm.gif