Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Looting in New Orleans

joc

These degenerates are only hampering the rescue... there is no place in society for these scum. I think it was twpdyp, that described it well on what we are expected to do for our neighbours, in fact for anyone in distress.

I fully understand looting for essentials, food, water, baby formula, sanitary towels etc etc.. but these scum are planning ahead and thinking of making financially from this disaster.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Faeden

• Commander CMG

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have any of you thought that are saying "shoot the looters" that if you do that, then its riot city, and things will escalate for the worse? I agree people that are robbing peoples houses, and stealing electrical goods are scum, but I do not believe in capital punishment, especially for stealing. You start shooting people dead, and I tell you when people as desperate as them start feeling that there own country is killing them, all hell is going to brake loose, and the problem America thinks they have now is going to look like a picnic in the park compared to what it could be, it might even spark riots in other cities in America, think about it.

All the best

Faeden

:S hell... more feed from cnn... disgusting. no.gif

watching the 'People are dying in front of us' video right now... wow, just bad. hmm.gif

Have any of you thought that are saying "shoot the looters" that if you do that, then its riot city, and things will escalate for the worse?

No, you are breaking down the problem for the greater good of society and those people that are dying. Sure, if you shoot one...they will mass together and go against the forces... there will be hell either way. They are shooting at the national guard and crews already... they MUST stop this. The brass was just talking about sending in troops to control the area. DoD is sending even more troops now to restore order because frankly, a couple hundred weekend warrior National Guard guys are not going to be able to control a highly emotional city over 70K +.

Edited by __Kratos__

Once these scum realize they are up against real force and not old ladys they will soon back down, they will not have the resources to make a bigger issue of out of this.

Edited: in reply to Faeden.

Edited by XSAS

No, because they would kill me without a second thought.

Oops, me too...

Edited by Michelle

Have any of you thought that are saying "shoot the looters" that if you do that, then its riot city, and things will escalate for the worse?

Yes, I have:

My first thought is to shoot them. But if you start shooting looters in New Orleans, the next thing that will happen is riots in Los Angelos, Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago...

As far as global warming...what I believe is irrelevant to this thread. However...the Earth has gone through many climatic changes during its history...ice ages..thawing of the ice age etc. None of which had anything to do with mankind or fossil fuel.

I do not know much about the shooting incident, but have you considered the helicopter shot first? If it did the media are not going to tell you are they, not saying that happened, but have you considered it a possibility? You do make some good points, but if people decided to fight back, and believe me when someone feels they have nothing they will fight even if the odds look against them, and if that happens it will spread, and the problem will just spread and get worse. Is it really worth that? Because more people will die then, and more of your taxes will be spent.

Have you also seen that the hurricane has knocked out most of the south’s oil and petrel supplies?

All the best

Faeden

The helicopter shot first and the media did not tell us? I think you need to take this discussion to the conspiracy section?

How do you know that did not happen xsas I never said it did I said has anyone considered it?. Its not like it has not happened before.

I do not know much about the shooting incident, but have you considered the helicopter shot first?

Doubtful. Been watching the feeds and haven't seen to many gun mounts on the choppers. Possible though since the choppers for the infantry are coming in a.s.a.p from local bases but they are also in a civillian area, you just can't light up a .50.

Been also watching the looting for anything and everything... those twisted * and fighting each other for looting rights. Kind of sad, how in such a horrible thing, people are trying to take advantage of it instead of helping. At the very least they could set up shelters, and gather food as teams instead of this "every man, women and child for them selves" kind of deal. If anything it puzzles me how and why they would do it. Don't get me wrong, may be puzzled by their thinking... still p***ed at them.

How do you know that did not happen xsas I never said it did I said has anyone considered it?. Its not like it has not happened before.

821643[/snapback]

I don't know that did not happen but I am not trying to make a conspiracy out of this, I am discussing looting and I don't expect you to agree with my way of dealing with these scum.

Don't try to blame the media or the helicopters for shooting first, the US have not sent in gun ships this is not Vietnam.

The emphasis here is on the saving of lives and how to handle the looting?

National guard shot and wounded. Zero tolerance, the president said, with the lawlessness. Scum... shooting at the national guard helicopters'. Well, sure, criminals don't want the national guard to come in; it would ruin their party.

These guys are soooo bad, I say shoot um. I think there was a 'shoot to kill' order. You can't put um in jail, they have no where to put um. blink.gif

There isn't a civil war breaking out, here, everyone is worried about the gulf states..... and about the situation the country is in. There will be problems with the oil crisis. And if we shoot um, there won't be a civil war or riots break out. This isn't about race.

Edited by Babs

Xsas

I understand why you would react that way if you are a Ex SAS member, but I only asked a question, I did not attempt to make a conspiracy theory, you could say that all the accusations and questions asked here could be made into conspiracy theories.

All the best

Faeden

821643[/snapback]

I don't know that did not happen but I am not trying to make a conspiracy out of this, I am discussing looting and I don't expect you to agree with my way of dealing with these scum.

Don't try to blame the media or the helicopters for shooting first, the US have not sent in gun ships this is not Vietnam.

The emphasis here is on the saving of lives and how to handle the looting?

821656[/snapback]

You are so right. We have to save these lives.

Edited by Babs

Faeden, It is difficult to understand the situation they are faced with at this moment unless you have been through it, an non of us have.

You and I would steal to survive but I am sure you would focus on the essentials and not HDTV's, banks being robbed etc.

These looters have planned this and used the opportunity to gain financially.

While these scum create problems for the rescuers, innocent victims are dyeing.

My opinion would be no different regardless to my military background.

What good is stealing tvs and other material crap if you are homeless and stuff. It just goes to show you how greedy and twisted alot of society really is and where their value lies. Also i dont know why people including police and government are so concerned with things and stuff at this time anyway. That should be the last thing they are concerned about. Material crap is replaceable lives are not. They should be more worried about giving these people more aid and helping them than worrying about other things. I'm wondering if they are going to call martial law in that area. Also we have spend billions on weapons and war and crap, where is the money for aid and stuff going to come from?

XSAS

I agree with you up until the killing them part, that would just make the situation worse, and I do not believe people should have someone killed because of stealing, even if they are scum, they have families and children that might rely on them.

All the best

Faeden

XSAS

I agree with you up until the killing them part, that would just make the situation worse, and I do not believe people should have someone killed because of stealing, even if they are scum, they have families and children that might rely on them.

All the best

Faeden

821694[/snapback]

So, then... whats your plan of operations to stop them?

I am not asking you to agree, I am just voicing my opinion and I for one would not hesitate to kill them.

I don't expect everyone or indeed anyone here to agree with me but it is still my opinion, we should agree to disagree.

Your opinion is equally as right to you as mine is to me.

tongue.gif XSAS, I've got your back... gunsmilie.gif

wink2.gif

Go in there with the intention to help non aggressively and understand that most of these people are desperate and scared try and look at it from there point of view, let it all calm down and help as much as you can to stop further chaos and to stop disease, get them sheltered, I know one can only do there best, but acting with aggression on people who are already aggressive with fear is not a good thing.

Things will soon calm down, they always do, but one thing they do not want to do it go bulldozing in there killing everyone they think is looting, you wont listen to me now, but if it all kicks of, your see where I am coming from mellow.gif The authorities need to understand they have had there whole lives ripped from them. Look at other countries where things like this have happened, and see how it all went wrong when the authorities started killing its own citizens. Most southerners own guns.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Go in there with the intention to help non aggressively and understand that most of these people are desperate and scared try and look at it from there point of view, let it all calm down and help as much as you can to stop further chaos and to stop disease get them sheltered i know one can only do there best but acting with aggression on people who are already aggressive with fear is not a good thing.

Things will soon calm down they always do but one thing they do not want to do it go bulldozing in there killing everyone they think is looting you wont listen to me now but if it all kicks of your see where I am coming from mellow.gif The authorities need to understand they have had there whole lives ripped from them. Look at other countries where things like this have happened, and see how it all went wrong when the authorities started killing its own citizens.

All the best

Faeden

821719[/snapback]

I agree fully with you on that. I think those people have every right to be upset and angry and everyone should understand where they are coming from. Instead of going in guns firing. After all they been through, why dont they start giving things to them and they wouldnt have to steel it. A tv or anything material isnt worth killing someone. The whole thing is terrably sad.

Edited by ajagsfairy

Go in there with the intention to help non aggressively and understand that most of these people are desperate and scared try and look at it from there point of view, let it all calm down and help as much as you can to stop further chaos and to stop disease, get them sheltered, I know one can only do there best, but acting with aggression on people who are already aggressive with fear is not a good thing.

Things will soon calm down, they always do, but one thing they do not want to do it go bulldozing in there killing everyone they think is looting, you wont listen to me now, but if it all kicks of, your see where I am coming from mellow.gif The authorities need to understand they have had there whole lives ripped from them. Look at other countries where things like this have happened, and see how it all went wrong when the authorities started killing its own citizens. Most southerners own guns.

All the best

Faeden

821719[/snapback]

So they go in and talk to these people in a non aggressive manner. Most of these individuals that are looting probably broke the law before the hurricane and now they have an uninterrupted chance of gaining big time.. you expect them to listen to reason.

My experience of civil unrest is they don't calm down unless you make them, I am happy to exchange experiences you have?

edited for spelling.

Edited by XSAS

A tv or anything material isnt worth killing someone. The whole thing is terrably sad

No, it is NOT. I agree. I am more concerned over they fact because they are dumb ***** and running around in gangs they are making INNOCENT PEOPLE suffer and die because they have the greed.

"Sacrifice the few to save the many."

Whats worth more to you? Couple guys getting their dream tv for free or saving the lifes of hundreds of innocent people that have gone through hell and are still in it?

Is it nice? No, but something needs to be done NOW. You just can't walk in there and talk with them. They are shooting at people trying to help just by coming near. They are setting fires through out the streets. They are CHOOSING to be violent and greedy... and for that they are making children, some just born, cry in the streets for food... their mothers crying trying to get anything... not for her... just so her own child can live.

XSAS

If they go in there all aggressive and start killing people, then its going to get a whole lot worse, its as simple as that, if it doesn’t id be very surprised. If they do that its inevitable that innocent people will be killed also. I will not argue anymore, all I will say is if they do go in shooting the results will probebly prove me correct, and if they do not then ill say I was wrong, I do not have a problem with swallowing my pride.

All the best

Faeden