Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Looting in New Orleans

joc

Michelle I did answer your question, just not to you directly, I answered it again and again in other posts, shooting people will make things worse, if you do not believe me if they do go ahead and do that then time will tell who is right and who is wrong….I actually hope I am wrong and you are right.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Faeden

• Commander CMG

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And, just in case I need to remind anyone, New Orleans was no the only city hit. There is approximately 90,000 square miles of each state that was basically destroyed. That is bound to spread anybodies forces too thin. hmm.gif

New Orleans is the only one that is being shown on the news 24/7.

Then, how do you account for the fact that they tried your method and it didn't work?

And, just in case I need to remind anyone, New Orleans was no the only city hit. There is approximately 90,000 square miles of each state that was basically destroyed. That is bound to spread anybodies forces too thin. hmm.gif

New Orleans is the only one that is being shown on the news 24/7.

822156[/snapback]

Yeah, it was just one of the hardest hit areas. hmm.gif I posted a chart of the states and death count a couple pages back, earlier this afternoon.

Page 7 Of This Thread: Stats Of Other Areas Hit sad.gif

Edited by __Kratos__

Yes, I know, Kratos...and that's what I'm trying to remind people of... the ones that are criticizing how the whole situation is being handled. If it was concentrated in one central location is would have been a lot easier to manage, but we are dealing with reality here, not just listening to the news.

I am so tired of Hurricane Katrina. No, I'm not being cynical or sarcastic...I am literally tired from it all. Not complaining mind you...it is somewhat akin with the 9/11 tragedy. I am physically exhausted from watching it all...hearing it all..seeing it all. I decided to take a bath instead of a shower and just now as I turned the bath water off...what did I see? A bathtub full of water. What was my first thought? New Orleans....

It is such an incredible tragedy and in the weeks and months to come...it is going to continue to be an incredible tragedy. Will there ever be another Mardi Gras parade in The French Quarter? If you've never been to one...you have indeed missed something.

There certainly won't be one in February 2006.

Then, how do you account for the fact that they tried your method and it didn't work?

822159[/snapback]

I did not really see them trying my method to be honest, I saw people helping which is good, but killing is asking for more disaster, but if they do the opposite then its going to be even worse, but that is the point that you keep ignoring, do you want it to get worse? There is no easy solution to this, bad things are going to happen, but there is no point in making things even worse than they all ready are. People are angry because they believe that the goverment are not trying hard enough.

For the people killing rescuers well I do not know what to say about filth like that, but they are just a very small few.

All the best

Faeden

I don't think the law enforcement officials would be going out w/ the intent of "Hell, let's shoot us some looters." It's just honestly going to have to come to this in order to rescue people. Civility has collapsed for these animals who are murdering, raping and stealing during all this. When rescue helicopters and doctors are getting shot at by the folks they are supposedly trying to help, there really isn't an alternative other than using aggression up to and including lethal force.

I can see grabbing things to survive. The thing that peeves me is the news in this state is showing only colored people looting. mad.gif Gimme a break disgust.gif

lapi'che ni'tis

Well, they did try your method, evidently, your not going to admit that it didn't work, whether you SAW them try it or not.

So much for thinking that, even you, wouldn't have the audacity to criticize the US in a time of a major crisis.

I regret unblocking your posts.

So much for the so called "humanitarian". hmm.gif

The thing that peeves me is the news in this state  is showing only colored people looting.  mad.gif Gimme a break disgust.gif

822201[/snapback]

Have you ever been to Southern Louisiana or Mississippi? It IS predominantly African American. And have you noticed that most of the stranded folks are also black? It's bc that makes up a majority of the people who were trapped, not profiling.

By the way, I noticed someone mentioned Fats Domino. He has been rescued.

ABC Primetime is doing a report on the storm and aftermath right now... just started so... if you want to watch it... it's on.

LOL Michelle

I hate people being killed, I do not support it, that makes me a better humanitarian than you, and that is good enough for me thumbsup.gif

Open your mouth for the Bush spoon, here comes the aeroplane grrrrrrrrrrrrowllllllllll!!!!!

Well, you true color always comes shining through, doesn't it???

I'm not the one turning a humanitarian effort into a political debate every chance I get. If one person has to be shot to save 500, then yes I will do it. Until I am put into that situation, I will continue to help the thousands that are flocking to my city looking for shelter and not waste my time worrying about what the Bush administration did wrong for them to end up here.

That, in my eyes is being more humanitarian than you.

Thank you so much for our time together, for it is now over. thumbsup.gif

Michelle

I just cant take you seriously.

I did an appeal thread yesterday to try and do my bit, but it went swiftly down the board.

Go back to putting me on Ignore, your going to give your self a hernia.

All the best

Faeden

FEMA head: Working in "conditions of urban warfare"

Armed gangs attempting rapes, police warn

Both of those are killable crimes in my eyes.

Criminals cannot be allowed to let so many innocent suffer like that. For the greater good... they should be dealt with any way possible A.S.A.P.

JEEZ! NAACP is screaming this is a racial issue. rolleyes.gif

Edited by __Kratos__

I am so tired of Hurricane Katrina.  No, I'm not being cynical or sarcastic...I am literally tired from it all.  Not complaining mind you...it is somewhat akin with the 9/11 tragedy.  I am physically exhausted from watching it all...hearing it all..seeing it all.  I decided to take a bath instead of a shower and just now as I turned the bath water off...what did I see?  A bathtub full of water.  What was my first thought?  New Orleans....

It is such an incredible tragedy and in the weeks and months to come...it is going to continue to be an incredible tragedy.  Will there ever be another Mardi Gras parade in The French Quarter?  If you've never been to one...you have indeed missed something.

There certainly won't be one in February 2006.

822185[/snapback]

I had to get a break too. I tried to go to the store and shop a bit. I couldn't buy any water or food, I kept thinking about the people down in New Orleans without water and food.

I can see grabbing things to survive. The thing that peeves me is the news in this state  is showing only colored people looting.  mad.gif Gimme a break disgust.gif

lapi'che ni'tis

822201[/snapback]

And what color would that be?

I saw people of all "colors" looting on the news.

I can see grabbing things to survive. The thing that peeves me is the news in this state  is showing only colored people looting.  mad.gif Gimme a break disgust.gif

lapi'che ni'tis

822201[/snapback]

And what color would that be?

I saw people of all "colors" looting on the news.

822290[/snapback]

Same here... I'm watching ABC and saw everybody looting. Some lawyer from NAACP is spewing off how this is a racial issue though because it is mainly black down there and not enough aid is getting there fast enough... as if the aid was on the back of superman or something.

Some lawyer from NAACP is spewing off how this is a racial issue though because it is mainly black down there and not enough aid is getting there fast enough

so they are stealing tv's to compensate for the lack of aid:P

I can see grabbing things to survive. The thing that peeves me is the news in this state  is showing only colored people looting.

Well, NO is something like 67% black, so of course most of the looters are going to be black. So will most of the city workers, refugees, etc. Do we really need to turn everything into a racial issue? And I have seen white people looting on TV.

Anyway, sometimes you have to come down hard. Unrestrained looting non-survival items leads to a breakdown of civil order that will eventually make it easier to carry out more violent crimes.

For those interested, here is a link to a police radio scanner from the NO area. Use itunes or WMA to listen.

http://mirror1.ev1helps.net:8080/

It seems quiet now, but it was pretty hairy earlier.

here we go....this is not a racial thing at all. it seems a whole bunch of losers and people who would rather argue have finally started saying something. i believe that we just didn't expect the toll to be this much. to whom ever or what ever organization is complaining: can't you see all the efforts we all have been doing? relief funds have been set up and physical help has already been sent. what more do you want us to do? why don't they go down there and help themselves instead of complaining? if you complain that it is a racial thing or anything else, SHUT THE F...UP AND GO DOWN THERE and help. i betcha 100% they won't and would rather argue...

why don't they go down there and help themselves instead of complaining? 

822479[/snapback]

In case you havn't noticed. They cant help themselves. Everything is flooded and they are running out of food, water and patience. The looters have helped themselves i'm sure but none of us have the right to say "help yourself" to them. They have suffered too much.

why don't they go down there and help themselves instead of complaining? 

822479[/snapback]

In case you havn't noticed. They cant help themselves. Everything is flooded and they are running out of food, water and patience. The looters have helped themselves i'm sure but none of us have the right to say "help yourself" to them. They have suffered too much.

822485[/snapback]

"they" meaning the organizations. sure they can go and help. they can go on the helicopters...they can go to the superdome and talk to the people. but all i hear is complaining sleepy.gif