Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Looting in New Orleans

joc

I don't think there is anything immoral about eating dead people when it is either that or risk dying yourself. Someone was right though, people can generally last for a couple of weeks without food.

Probably not children or the elderly though.

I hope they aren't that desperate yet, hopefully aid attempts are successful as they days go on.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Faeden

• Commander CMG

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the blog source.

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

What garbage...where has that been reported? It hasn't...just an idiot blogger trying to create new urban legends.

I mean, really, think about it people!

"Dang, man I am so frigging hungry...I'm gonna just eat this dead guy...ain't got no way to cook him, I'm just gonna eat him raw."

What idiocy. rolleyes.gif

Joc you could be right but you could be wrong. I personally don't believe but things desperate people will do is amazing. I don't believe because there was supposed to be a truck that arrived yesterday full with food. I doubt people would rather eat other people than eat food.

OMGsh.. the stories people come up with.... yeah.. I am sure they were eating corpses.... rolleyes.gif ...

since the ones that died in the water would be so bloated and rotten ... and it is so hot in New Orleans... the ones that died at the convention center or Superdome would be well into decomposition within no time....

I don't think so... eating rotten human flesh would more than likely kill the ones eating it or make them severely ill anyway

Well, here is a report: Rapes, killings hit Katrina refugees in New Orleans

Hell...  no.gif

825882[/snapback]

Yep.. and this is what the aid/rescue workers were hearing about too...Damn if I would want to just trapse into an area like this.... too bad the media actually made it out to be worse than it was.... rolleyes.gifhmm.gif

w00t.gif No kidding, Nxt...

Like there is not enough canned food in the entire city to feed everyone for at least a couple of months.

If I had to, I would break into people's houses and raid the pantry. But then I would have to leave a note that said, "I'm sorry, but, I was hungry and thirsty. I will buy you groceries and fix the lock, if it is necessary, later."

Do I have a guilty conscience or what??? laugh.gif

On a serious note, can anyone tell me how a few %$@ can rape somebody, with so many 'good people' crammed into such a small area??? They would have to kill me before I would let that happen just a few yards away from me!!!

gunsmilie.gifgunsmilie.gif

On a serious note, can anyone tell me how a few %$@ can rape somebody, with so many 'good people' crammed into such a small area??? They would have to kill me before I would let that happen just a few yards away from me!!!

gunsmilie.gif  gunsmilie.gif

825891[/snapback]

Even without a gun... plenty of stuff around to stop them. disgust.gif

Wha??? These people are living in poverty now, why the hell would anyone want to rape someone and make their life even more horrible?

825898[/snapback]

Two words: filthy animals. no.gif

I would have to agree, Kratos. Anyone who would go around raping fellow flood victims is indeed a filthy animal and should be beat to death with a blunt object. angry.gif

You know what, I may be wrong but who can blame them? The heat is driving the people mad, so they'll turn crazy. But I agree they are filthy.

You know what, I may be wrong but who can blame them? The heat is driving the people mad, so they'll turn crazy. But I agree they are filthy.

825934[/snapback]

I'll have to disagree with you on that... for the part "who can blame them?"

I could say what I want to do to them... but the mods would just delete it... truely hateful towards those crimes and I'm creative in thoughts.

Edited by __Kratos__

who can blame them?

*raises hand* I will.

Rape is sick sick sick. Being hot and hungry is not a good excuse to rape people. The is no reason or excuse for rape.

I disagree on the "Who can blame them" too, I just couldn't describe what I wanted to say.....I don't really mean that, sorry about that. I don't know how to explain it....

who can blame them?

*raises hand* I will.

Rape is sick sick sick. Being hot and hungry is not a good excuse to rape people. The is no reason or excuse for rape.

825946[/snapback]

And i'm not saying hot and hungy, I mean mad.Suffering from a disorder of the mind, insane. When you loose control and you're not who you are.

And yea you're right it is sick

Indeed, Misspirate, its a very sad situation. Disasters happen and people die; its a sad fact of life and we can't control it but its been happening since the beginning of time. Nothing we do or say will change that. We haven't the power to stop tsunamis, tornados, hurricanes or earthquakes. We can only deal with the aftermath and save as many lives as we can.

What really makes me sad is that people would rather fix blame than do anything constructive. I donated some money and non-perishables to food finders food bank; its not much but its better than nothing. dontgetit.gif

Edited by girty1600

What really makes me sad is that people would rather fix blame than do anything constructive.

Are you referring that 'people' as me? Because i'm not really getting what you're saying.

Well, I'm not going to type all that again but to answer your question; no. I was not referring to you.

when you are fighting for your own survival,how the hell could you rape or murder just for the hell of it?this is indeed when you see the worst of humanity!

For every black looter you shoot, and provide proof of a clean kill, ------- will provide reimbursement of all expended ammunition, at no charge. That’s our guarantee, to you.

rolleyes.gif To bad idiots can use the web as well. disgust.gif

who can blame them?

*raises hand* I will.

825946[/snapback]

And i'm not saying hot and hungy, I mean mad.Suffering from a disorder of the mind, insane. When you loose control and you're not who you are.

And yea you're right it is sick

825950[/snapback]

I kind of see what you are saying about being mad.. with disorders... I am sure that there are a lot of drug addicts who have not been able to get a hold of drugs.. and alcoholics who have not had a drink in days... there is a lot of drug and alcohol abuse in New Orleans.

But it still doesn't make it okay... or make me feel sorry for anyone who commits a crime... anytime.. but especially at a time like this!

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

After days of flipping the tv back and forth between cnn and msnbc I have found myself in a quandary. Why does everything come down to race? Why does it seem that black people have become the racists? I sat silently as the first shots of the looters came into view. Scene: Before the levee's broke in New Orleans - the worst was over, they'd survived Katrena or so it seemed. Enter: 3 young black men wading through knee deep water carrying boxes of sneakers - not food, not water, not diapers - I could understand any of those - just sneakers. One smiles broadly into the camera and tells how police officers had "taken" their shoes so they stole some new ones. More shots of people spilling from store fronts with arm loads of clothes still attached to the hangers, funiture, a washing maching and tv sets... what the hell are they going to do with a tv set?!?! I wonder. I become uncomfortably aware of the color of the looters skin. Hold on, girl, I said. Don't you make a comment like that! You are NOT a racist. Ok, if I see 1 white face I won't say it out loud. Wait... there goes a man with a few packages of diapers! My hopes rise as I see a TRUE MAN of color. He took something that he needed, not that he could RE SELL. I waited... and waited... still no other colors. Then the complaints start coming. Reverend's Sharpton and Jackson weren't the only ones to start the dissent by claiming racial reasons for the thousands stuck in the flooded city. Another one went so far as to say that because the majority of the people were on welfare and supported by the government… that they weren’t sufficiently “motivated” to make a move the save themselves. What the hell does that mean?!?!?!

I am sick to my stomach as word of snipers and rapes cross the wires.

And then… suddenly…

I am sick in my heart…

as I realize…

does that make me a racist???? sad.gif