Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Looting in New Orleans

joc

In retrosprect...look at the size of this thing!

user posted image

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• __Kratos__

• Uncle Yammy

• Faeden

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These people should be working together to help each other survive. To me, survivable would be my number one priority. I'd rather get food and water, then a plasma tv.

Florynce Kennedy:

Don't agonize. Organize.

They're talking on CNN right now about a bus carrying evacuees that just flipped over.

Just unbelievable. Those poor people.

823710[/snapback]

Just heard there is 1 dead on the bus?

They're talking on CNN right now about a bus carrying evacuees that just flipped over.

823710[/snapback]

wow. how did that happen??

Edited by BurnSide

They didn't say! I'm hoping they'll talk about it more in a bit.

Man, Bush is such an idiot. Same old thing as before... "We will rebuild, god bless, we're doing our best..." blah blah blah. Funny how someone can talk so much but say so little.

I really hate the little smirks he does when he thinks he said something clever.

Man, Bush is such an idiot. Same old thing as before... "We will rebuild, god bless, we're doing our best..." blah blah blah. Funny how someone can talk so much but say so little.

I really hate the little smirks he does when he thinks he said something clever.

823733[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything yet...

Yeah, I really don't think he understand the problem... even though he is right there. no.gif I won't say any of those things right now... just... to horrible.

laugh.gif Glad, I'm not the only one in the world that hates that. ph34r.gif He loves to do it in speechs to address the nation as well... grr...

823733[/snapback]

Yes them smirks are creepy.

I was just watching the news and he was hugging kids and people caught up in it, I had to turn the channel over it was creeping me out, I felt the same way when I saw Saddam hugging kids just for the cameras. *shudders*

All the best

Faeden

I know what you mean Faeden, I bet he made them wash before he hugged them and isn't it a shame the disaster interrupted his holiday at his home in Texas.

Whatever works...right...

Do you think he rigged the election?

This is completely off topic. As a matter of fact all of the Bush bashing is off topic too.

If you want to bash Bush...please start your own thread.

This thread is sure hot, I had to read over 5 pages to catch up from my last post just over a day ago.

One of the main reasons why this event is so public -- although it is very serious -- is because it's magnitude more or less threw people off. First of all, America the Invincible, and a very famous city like New Orelans being attacked by an unseen enemy and absolutely devastated is what has many people questioning. Even more, though, is how people are acting in this situation.

It's our own fault we were not prepared [speaking to America as a whole] but because of increasing lawlessness, people are starting to really fend for themselves -- violently. It's turning into a minature, partially flooded warzone down there. Americans VS Americans, an enemy that's just as hard to defeat as having diplomatic discussions with Kim Jung Il.

I personally am appaled at how people are acting. Not only is New Orleans virtually wiped off the map and the entire city either flooded or totally ruined, but even worse is that people are acting [and the situation as a whole] as if it is a 3rd world country. We are doing the same things people in the middle east have been and are doing; and we dare to challenge them when we are no different.

I really hope the New Orleans situation gets better ASAP before riots start throughout the city and the National Guard [What few there are there] has to open fire, but that death toll of 10,000 is seeming more and more possible. Plus, have you seen all the pictures of dead bodies everywhere? It's something Americans would never think would happen to Americans on American soil.

The coverage is so exensive and everywhere on this terrible situation that I can't watch it anymore. I've set myself a limit of 10 minutes of CNN per day, unless something mad breaks out like rioting.

Edited by The Raven

Do you think he rigged the election?

This is completely off topic. As a matter of fact all of the Bush bashing is off topic too.

If you want to bash Bush...please start your own thread.

824009[/snapback]

thank you... thumbsup.gif

good to see that strangers are all helping each other regardless of what has been said on "here" and "over there".

i have a question:

what if you went to your local grocery store today or tomorrow and saw a woman stealing food. what would you do?

this is exactly what is happening down there.

Draining could take months

It will take nearly three months to drain some parts of New Orleans, a U.S. Army general said Friday.

Gen. Robert Crear, with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, estimated Friday that some flooded neighborhoods will be pumped dry in 36 days but that it will be at least 80 days before the last section of the city is dry.

About 80 percent of New Orleans was flooded after its levee system, which was designed for a Category 3 hurricane, failed. Katrina was a Category 4 storm when it struck early Monday morning.

no.gif All those trapped bodies yet in there and the homes/buildings are going to be nothing more then trash. hmm.gif

IT's like a bloody warzone! Shooting rifles at choppers, who are trying to drop off supplies It drives me crazy.

I watched a 1995 National Geographic Video, on cyclone's today at work, goes into any type of cyclone, tornado, typhoon, and hurricaines....They made it shortly after Andrew hit Florida back in the day. And Andrew had winds of 180 mph, it hit the coast of

Louisiana, the viedo comented that it was good thing it didn't hit New Orleans, New Orlean's is built on a swamp that has been drained over years and years, it is a bowl shape, the lowest point is like 30 ft below sea level or something, and if a hurricane were to show up the water would rise th the level of over loading the pumps, and breaking the levees (sp?) the water would then flood in, you probably would even be safe on 3rd story buildings, Despite the fact that Louisiana has the best levees and pumps in the world.

In fact I couldn't write it fast enough but here is some of it

" One day, 5 perhaps 50 years from now a hurricane like Andrew may decend upon New Orleans, evacuation would be ordered but many would heed the call, but advance weather could move in quickly."

It said it would trap millions in the center of the city, no way in or out, rescue attempts would be difficult, near impossible. People would accumulate, creating riots and chaos, it would be like a war zone. (damage, death, roiting etc...)

It said that the levees provded a false sense of security.

And they were currently getting State and local funding.

But oldly enough it happened, the hurricaine hitting New Orleans. So If they knew all this in 1995 why the heck was nothing done then?

It closed with this I thought it was neat:

"Nature has given us fair warning. A gossamer veil of atmosphere is all that portects us from the sterile reaches of space.

What we call "weather" is simply the Earth's attempt to balance heat and moisture around the globe.

Swirling winds may spawn tornados and hurricanes, but the can also breed whimsy

a hay devil on a summer afternoon

Our home is a planet perpetually, in the making, forever new.

The same awesome powers that sustain life can also wreak destruction,

It is up to us to be prepared"

So, now we know and knowing is half the battle...G.I. Joe thumbsup.gif

You know, it's not the theft that bothers me; frankly, I'm not going to lose any sleep over someone stealing a big screen TV. It's the resulting paranoia within the military that p***es me off. If these idiot looters weren't around, we wouldn't need martial law. Innocent families wouldn't have to be treated like terrorists.

I'm sick of seeing everyone place all the blame on the military/government. The looters/murderers/rapists deserve just as much blame as anyone, if not more.

Edited by sofia

victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive

ohmy.gif ....................................................

....Just hope this isn't true. no.gif

824485[/snapback]

Jesus. The fact that this can happen in America -- the country I grew up in, for christ's sake -- blows me away.

I really hope that someone posts a link discrediting this information. These are ordinary people, no different than you or I, being forced to resort to cannibalism in order to survive. I'm at a loss for words.

824485[/snapback]

Jesus. The fact that this can happen in America -- the country I grew up in, for christ's sake -- blows me away.

I really hope that someone posts a link discrediting this information. These are ordinary people, no different than you or I, being forced to resort to cannibalism in order to survive. I'm at a loss for words.

824488[/snapback]

What kind of bothers me is that a normal human can live weeks with no food... why are they eating people after only a couple days? blink.gif

Also, on top of it... it is a city that is blasted to hell... there are lots of other things to eat that are not so great but better then eating bodies.

I have to agree Kratos there. Anyway I thought there was a lorry full of food and drink coming for them.

Edited by wrighty

824485[/snapback]

824488[/snapback]

What kind of bothers me is that a normal human can live weeks with no food... why are they eating people after only a couple days? blink.gif

Also, on top of it... it is a city that is blasted to hell... there are lots of other things to eat that are not so great but better then eating bodies.

824491[/snapback]

I was thinking that same thing. Christ, I really hope this isn't true.

Edit: I suppose if it's the only 'fresh' meat available, some might be willing to toss aside their morals in exchange for survival. Humans are capable of scary things when faced with death.

I have to agree Kratos there. Anyway I thought there was a lorry full of food and drink coming for them.

824492[/snapback]

From the looks of it, said food and water hasn't sufficed in aiding everyone.

Edited by sofia

What kind of bothers me is that a normal human can live weeks with no food... why are they eating people after only a couple days?  blink.gif

824491[/snapback]

First of all, not everyone can. Skinnier people will need food on a higher demand; as they have no body fat that they can digest for energy.

They probably don't know that they can live for so long.

Once you havent eaten for 5 days you're gonna be feeling so sick, tired and weak you're gonna be eating anything you can.

Going without food for long periods can be extremely dangerous, your stomach can burst when you start eating again.

no.gif