Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

THIS IS HELL!

The Council of Nine

We have it all wrong!!!!!...So what do I mean this is hell?...Am a person who has greatly suffered during my spell here..is my life meaningless..the answer is NO!

The answer is actually simple...anyone who is on "Earth" is actually in "HELL" as we have named it!

It is not such a bad thing..and if you actually stop to think about it you will see it makes sense..we go to "HELL" (or come back is a better way of putting it) to make amends and finish what we did not do on the 1st 2nd 3rd...etc times round..when we complete our "tasks" (call it what you may) then we reach what has been termed as "HEAVEN"

No doubt this will raise a few questions..all I ask is don't try and complicate matters..it's very simple..were are here to "learn" and reach a "STAGE"..life is like a ladder..every lifetime we either move up or down..when you reach the top..well you reach the top..and you climb up whatever awaits us all..don't worry we'll all make just might take longer for some (after the weekend I just had I reckon I slipped a couple of rungs!!!) grin2.gif

Peace out gang!!

CON

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 777MileStare

• The Council of Nine

• The Raven

• Weird_Al_Wonnabe

What about the fire and brimstone? Being tortured for eternity? Pain beyond fathom? Life on Earth doesn't give you any of those things other than the Fire and Brimstone near volcanoes; life on Earth is beautiful. If you are experiencing hell, then it's either your own doing or someone elses.

Edited by Magikman

...ANY WAY!....you really haven't got the gist of it!

you ask about... fire and brimstone?...Being tortured for eternity?... Pain beyond fathom?

To start with fire and brimstone...what do want to know ..it's fire and brimstone!!...religious rubbish!

Being tortured for eternity..well if you don't make the grade you come, that can feel like eternity!..and torture!

Pain beyond fathom?..we'll all lose people we love with all ours hearts during our time here..that can feel like pain beyond fathom.

"life on earth is beautiful"...NO!!!!...the earth is beautiful..we are not!!!

"If you are experiencing hell, then it's either your own doing or someone elses"....well done are you finally getting the message?

Yours is a rather ancient theory, TCON, and one that philosophically has very valid points. Zoroasterism contended something along the same line with Angra Mainyu, the evil god/the creator god ruling the physical world (hell) and Madza Ahura, the supreme god, ruling the spiritual world (heaven). Interestingly, this seems to be where the Jews acquired their monotheism and Satan in one fell swoop. yes.gif

"life on earth is beautiful"...NO!!!!...the earth is beautiful..we are not!!!

819097[/snapback]

Actually without life Earth would be an ugly, barren wasteland like Mars. Life is what makes Earth beautiful, and each life form has a role to play in the enviroment. Therefore, each thing can be beautiful or sacred; even bacteria, because Bacteria does good too, since it's nature's garbage disposal.

To start with fire and brimstone...what do want to know ..it's fire and brimstone!!...religious rubbish!

I was just commenting on the common Christian view of hell. I do not believe in Christianity or hell myself.

Yours is a rather ancient theory, TCON, and one that philosophically has very valid points. Zoroasterism contended something along the same line with Angra Mainyu, the evil god/the creator god ruling the physical world (hell) and Madza Ahura, the supreme god, ruling the spiritual world (heaven). Interestingly, this seems to be where the Jews acquired their monotheism and Satan in one fell swoop.

Interesting, although I still don't understand why people consider life hell.

"I was just commenting on the common Christian view of hell. I do not believe in Christianity or hell myself"...........

....WHY COMMENT ON IT THEN...............PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

So what do you want? You just wanted to post your theory and not have anyone comment on it or question it? You cant post something like that on a message board and NOT expect someone to comment.

Personally, and I am sure this will tick you off even more, I dont agree.

I have been through some really crappy things in my life. But it has in no way ever felt like hell. It has been hard and rough at times but nothing I would consider hell.

If this is hell then why dont we just appear here? Why are we born into a family, as babies? It makes no sense.

If your life is hell then I might suggest a few life changes. Other than that, please stop yelling at people.

So what do you want? You just wanted to post your theory and not have anyone comment on it or question it? You cant post something like that on a message board and NOT expect someone to comment.

Personally, and I am sure this will tick you off even more, I dont agree.

I have been through some really crappy things in my life. But it has in no way ever felt like hell. It has been hard and rough at times but nothing I would consider hell.

If this is hell then why dont we just appear here? Why are we born into a family, as babies? It makes no sense.

If your life is hell then I might suggest a few life changes. Other than that, please stop yelling at people.

821412[/snapback]

Thanks. Getting flamed at for stating someone elses opinion is quite foolish. I commented because I assume it is something he would probably have knowledge on, believing in Hell.

The Council of Nine, you still haven't answered my question. Why do you or some people consider life hell? I love my life, even if I was terribly depressed I would still love it.

Please take time to accept and review comments, and fully develop a thread you post.

There was never a fiery "hell" in the Jewish scriptures until Alexander the Great's conquest of the Holy Land contaminated Jewish thought with Pagan Greek ideas. Then we see Gehenna mentioned, a place of punishment reserved only for Gentiles. This turns directly into Greeek Hades complete with Greek gods by the largely pagan Greek followers of Jesus. Instead there was a quiet resting place for the souls of the dead called Sheol which contained no punishments and was part of Heaven.

Even Jesus did not confirm the pagan Greek hell but his words were miscontrued by his Greek followers. Jesus said the evil doers would be consumed by an immortal "wyrme" (dragon) as confirmed by accounts of this kind of punsihment in the old Testament. The fire connection was due to the fact that these creatures spewed fire and brimstone. There is also an interesting parallel in the ancient Egyptian religion, in which unrighteous souls would be swallowed by a dragon-like creature. These heavenly dragons are the Cherubim and Seraphim, who the paganizing Christians turned into improbable, winged humanoid "angels" based on pagan Greek winged humanoid gods. No angels in the real Bible are mentioned having wings, they look exactly like young men. The Cherubim and Seraphim however are always referred to as winged "creatures" and portrayed in ancient art as Reptilan dragons. These thoughts persisted despite the pagan Greek hell idea, which is why hell is so often portrayed in thousand year old illustrations as the mouth of a great dragon, not a cavern under the earth.

Edited by draconic chronicler

Yep yep, whatever you say. rolleyes.gif Please, keep believing that, just don't expect everyone else to just fall in line.

We have it all wrong!!!!!...So what do I mean this is hell?...Am a person who has greatly suffered during my spell here..is my life meaningless..the answer is NO!

The answer is actually simple...anyone who is on "Earth" is actually in "HELL" as we have named it!

It is not such a bad thing..and if you actually stop to think about it you will see it makes sense..we go to "HELL" (or come back is a better way of putting it) to make amends and finish what we did not do on the 1st 2nd 3rd...etc times round..when we complete our "tasks" (call it what you may) then we reach what has been termed as "HEAVEN"

No doubt this will raise a few questions..all I ask is don't try and complicate matters..it's very simple..were are here to "learn" and reach a "STAGE"..life is like a ladder..every lifetime we either move up or down..when you reach the top..well you reach the top..and you climb up whatever awaits us all..don't worry we'll all make just might take longer for some (after the weekend I just had  I reckon I slipped a couple of rungs!!!) grin2.gif

Peace out gang!!

CON

819019[/snapback]

yeah it is hell watching those horrible t.v commercials..I don't wanna mess with with your belief if you believe hell is on earth well hmm.gif .I don't believe hell is on earth anyway if it is I'll probably see satan giving a wedgie on some people.

I find this thread highly ironic right now.

Unless you live in the gulf coast states that are devestated by the hurricane and flood.....or unless you live in some place like Iraq.....I find it hard to believe that anyone could consider their life hell on earth compared to those people.

Hell no.gif !

Heaven and Hell are always relative. It all depends upon you. What you pursue in this case, is what you will reach at.

You feel your life hell, as you find nothing going according to your wishes. Right!

You expect things to your liking, which are unable to find near you.

My dear friend, you are expecting too much. original.gif

From the replies you have got till now, it is evident that not everybody agrees with you.

There is always something better. And likewise, there is always something worse.

If you think for the better and pursue it, you make a journey towards Heaven.

In the same way if do the opposite, you are heading towards Hell.

The choice is yours........ thumbsup.gif

I have to agree the closest thing to hell is here on the earth.

Just because some people do not suffer, doesn't mean others don't. Many people live and suffer hellish lives.

They are afflicted physically , emotionaly, spiritualy, and phycologically, beyond anything people with "happy" lives could ever imagine or understand.

When someone dies they are at rest. So if they were suffering here on earth death was the escape. If they suffered great pain on the earth, it would not make sense for them to be sent to a fiery hellm just to suffer more.

So in my opinion this is the cloest thing to hell there is. But some people have it really good here. You could say they have "heaven" on earth.

But just wait until something dramatic happens to them in life, then they'll have a little taste of hell on earth.

This is just my opinion. But I have to agree with your theory.

Because I beleive in the same theory.

Edited by DarkEntity99

The closest thing to hell and hell on earth are different things.

I dont believe that hell is living here on earth. And I have been through some MAJOR crap. Some life threatening things for me and then again with my son when he was born. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. I havent had an easy life at ALL. Right now is not the best time in my life.

But I have to say that I am better off than those who lived in New Orleans and the rest of the gulf states.

I am better off than those kids found living in cages.

Should I go on?

Life is what you make it. I have heard countless stories of people who suffer every day with physical or mental problems. But they CHOOSE to be happy and make the best of their lives no matter what they have to overcome to do it.

How can you look out over the ocean and think this is hell?

How can you stare at the mountains and think this is hell?

How can you look up at the stars at night and think this is hell?

How can you pick flowers with a child and think this is hell?

How can you see the sun rise in the morning and set in the evening and think this is hell?

Thats enough sap for this early in the morning. LOL! I think you get the idea. LOL!

"I was just commenting on the common Christian view of hell. I do not believe in Christianity or hell myself"...........

....WHY COMMENT ON IT THEN...............PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

819487[/snapback]

Then you don't make no sense on what you are telling about Hell. You have no clue on Hell is but other peoples idealism. Become a Christian then come back.

God: Where were you satan?

Satan or Lou: Back and forth from earth.

Find that for me council of nine.

Never thought Hell was below

and the devil had a pitchfork

or heaven is above

sounds like a movie eh?

Life it has it's evils and it's blessings right?

there is good (Love, Miracles, Laughter etc...

and there is evil (Murder, Hate, Suicide etc...)

maybe it's a battle or a chess game?

All I can express is we are not supposed to know.

If I burned in hell for eternity

then what was the point of me existing?

Damn I have a lot of questions when I arrive at those gates hmm...I will make gold why, because that's how I want it!

Ok, I am getting to deep

M

Hell is a State of Mind

Hell is a state of mind. When we die, we are bound by what we think. (Angie Fenimore)

Hell is a psychological condition which represents the hellish inner thoughts and desires within some souls. In hell, souls become uninhibited and their hellish condition is fully manifested. No demons are there to inflict punishment. Each soul acts out their own anger and hatred by warring and tormenting others. (Emanuel Swedenborg)

The hell of hells is knowing you were our own devil. (Arthur Yensen)

It is your mind which creates hell. (Dr. Timothy Leary)

Hell refers to levels of negative thought-forms that reside in close proximity to the earth realm. It is where we go to work out, or remain within, our hang-ups, addictions, fears, guilt, angers, rage, regrets, self-pity, arrogance, or whatever else blocks us from the power of our own light. (P.M.H. Atwater)

Hell is a level of consciousness which can be experienced in or out of the body. (Arthur Yensen

Hell is Having Earthly Desires That Can't Be Satisfied

Hell is a place where everyone retains the physical desires they were fixated on without a way to satisfy them. Hell is real hell for anyone who lives only to satisfy their selfish desires. (Arthur Yensen)

One level of hell exists right here on earth where an earthly desire is craved but cannot be satisfied. (Dr. George Ritchie)

Hell contains people who have been alcoholics or drug addicts, who find these cravings still with them after death. They stay near the earth to be near alcoholics or drug addicts who are still in the physical body, in order to participate vicariously in the sensations which alcohol and drugs give. They can be helped in the world beyond to clear their soul bodies of these cravings so that they, too, may go on and progress. However, this is a long and tedious process. (Margaret Tweddell)

There is no geographic hell. We build our hells right here in our own lives. (Harry Hone)

The quality of life after death for a suicide is determined by their motive for killing themselves. Those who kill themselves from drugs, alcohol, or any other addiction, may become stuck in limbo trying in vain to satisfy their addiction until eventually something frees them. Those who, because of mental illness, confusion, or a terminal illness, take their own life, are allowed many opportunities from God to grow in love just as any other person would who had not committed suicide. (Dr. George Ritchie)

Earthbound souls linger around the living, usually to try to satisfy a physical desire. (Betty Bethards)

If an addiction isn't conquered before death, it could keep your soul earthbound. (Ruth Montgomery)

Your personality - your likes and dislikes, your hopes, your fears - are still attached to you, although in a more nebulous form that when you are on earth in a physical body. (Margaret Tweddell)

Negativity Must Be Removed to Enter Heaven

At this point, I could feel this group of beings eliminate or pull from me the negative energy of my life in the physical world and fill me with love beyond what I can describe. (Sherry Gideon)

After death, if a soul has been too bad, they go to a realm of lower vibrations where their kind of thoughts can live. If they entered heaven, they would be annihilated by the Master-Vibration of God. This is because souls gravitate into groups according to the rate of their soul's vibrations. If the percent of discord in a soul is small, it can be eliminated by God; then the remaining good can live on in heaven. However, if the percentage of bad were too high, this couldn't be done, and the person would have to gravitate to a lower level and live with people of his own kind. Birds of a feather, flock together. (Arthur Yensen)

Since I had lived such a totally self-serving existence, I was in a hellish state of indescribable agony and sorrow. I was in shear agony. I still remember being on my knees while this blinding light broke and crushed my false-ego. This breaking process was extremely painful. (Daniel Rosenblit)

Negative thoughts cannot be expressed in the heavenly realms - only positive ones. (Ned Dougherty)

God is the Master-Vibration who neutralizes all negative thoughts so that you think only the good thoughts, such as love, freedom and happiness. (Arthur Yensen)

God's love looks at all of us throughout the eyes of eternity. God's overriding desire is to purify the darkness of our souls, irrespective of the suffering God has to put us through to achieve that end. However, it will greatly minimize our suffering if we learn to accept instead of fighting against our situation in life. (Daniel Rosenblit)

There are earthbound spirits of low vibrations, whom we may regard as devils because they annoy us through mental telepathy. These demons tune in on us through our low vibrations of hate, fear and greed. They can be tuned out with unselfish love, or if necessary be chased away by the stronger spirit of Jesus Christ. (Arthur Yensen)

The only thing that burns in hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life: your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away, but they're not punishing you, they're freeing your soul. (Meister Eckhart)

The purpose of religion is not so much to get us into heaven, or to keep us out of hell, but to put a little bit of heaven into us, and take the hell out of us. (E. Stanley Jones)

more: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research14.html

Actually, I kind of agree with you. If your life has meaning, you suffer very little. But, you can't say that your life is meaningless, your life wouldn't be Hell. Hell has meaning and purpose whether you suffer it alive or in the afterlife. I agree to only one thing about what you were saying because, you can see that you avoid all of the things that would send you to Hell. You may suffer, but at least if you do, it's only a fraction of Hell. Not the whole thing...

The whole thing, would be if you deserve it. You have to see that you desreve meaning no matter how much you suffer. So it will feel like it is completely Hell, when it isn't.

It's just a fraction. Remember, there is quality and there is quantity.

One other thing I should mention, is that meaninglessness is what you should avoid. This may just be what causes you "Hell" in your life in the first place.

If we're in hell, how come there is no fire and we dont have to eat coal and there are no umpa-loompas poking us in the butts with pitchforks...???