Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Orleans, What they dont say on the News

TraJikMaJik

Well it truly saddens me to hear of the things going on. I live in east Texas, 1 hour from the louisianna border, and we have hordes of evacuees here in town. Hundreds of them as a matter of fact. And you get a better story of what is going on, then you do off of these rediculous, pathetic, news agencies.

What they let us know, is that there is looting going on. People breaking into stores and robbing them blind. What they dont tell you, is that these dastardly cowards are breaking into peoples homes who are hurting just as bad as them, and holding them up at gunpoint, and robbing them blind. This is serious guys, we have declared martial law in New Orleans, and our troops available for aid, are stretched thin working on helping people get free, or working to save people from dying in one way or another. At the same time, we have some ignorant sons of b*****s not only taking peoples only possessions, but taking the only livelyhood some of these people have left. Imagion riding out one of the most horrible storms imagionable, and being lucky enough to have your prayers answered and your house not completely destroyed.. Thank you god you think, right about the same time, some thug kicks in your door and holds you up at gunpoint while people take your valuables and food/water while you stand looking down the barrel of a pistol wondering why..

This is just one story I have been lucky enough to hear from a refugee here in Nacogdoches Texas.

By the way, the person who was robbed at gunpoint was 80+ years old, and female. These people are truly sick! Please comment, Hopefully we can help in some way or another by getting this story out, and getting the people in New Orleans some help..

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• TraJikMaJik

• Michelle

• sanchera1978

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i'm well aware of that, CNN has been covering stories of armed gangs travelling the affected cities, and covered for awhile a man stealing from a bank with a M15 having a seige with several cops outside.

So, yes, the 'rediculous, pathetic, news agencies' have that covered too.

Oh i'm well aware of that, CNN has been covering stories of armed gangs travelling the affected cities, and covered for awhile a man stealing from a bank with a M15 having a seige with several cops outside.

So, yes, the 'rediculous, pathetic, news agencies' have that covered too.

819894[/snapback]

Ahh my anger isnt posted towards the news agencies.. It is towards the cowards holding up 80 year old woman in their houses. And CNN Talking about a guy with an m15 at a bank makes a good story, thats why they cover that.. However, an 80 year old lady getting held at gunpoint isnt as good, so which one will you see?? But good job trying to make me look like the bad guy, Lets see whats more important, 1 man with an m15 at a bank surrounded by police, or hundreds, even thousands of people in their homes getting robbed by armed gangs.. But hey, this 1guy had a m15 and was at a bank.. pfffff.. Put you in that situation, and I bet you dont squak about some guy robbing a bank, I bet you start begging for police protection at your home where you guys are trying to ration out a loaf of bread between 5 people..

PS. Anything you guys can do for these people, is something that they dont have atm.. Me personally my buisness opens tomorrow, and Im gonna go find some refugee's to hire and see if I cant help in some way, or another.

That was one example given. I did say they also covered armed and dangerous gangs forming and terrorising the affected cities too.

Undoubtably, most news agencies will cover what they know, and what they can see. I'm sure if they knew people who were having their possesions stolen at gunpoint, they'd interview them in a second. You're bound to get alot of stories from the refugees that wont be on the news, because there were there and they experienced it, and others did not.

On the topic of the looting and downright criminal activity, it is truely sickening. I posted in the other topic how the true nature of humans really does come out in times like this. We like to think everyone will band together and help those in need, but in the end, the pull of valuables and helping oneself is stronger.

Disgusting. sad.gif

It's all mostly in the news already. Unfortunately there is very little that can be done about this. Too many other things to worry about then people getting robbed. This is very disgusting though. Even just the looting in the streets is horrible i can understand if your stealing food and necessary stuff for survival but not material goods. we are truly a sick society.

Unfortunately the police are powerless to stop it. I do remember them saying on CNN that for the most part the looting itself is being completely ignored, so that riots and further deaths are not created.

After all this is over and done with though, i'm sure there will be more than a few deaths that weren't caused by the natural catastrophe.

That was one example given. I did say they also covered armed and dangerous gangs forming and terrorising the affected cities too.

Undoubtably, most news agencies will cover what they know, and what they can see. I'm sure if they knew people who were having their possesions stolen at gunpoint, they'd interview them in a second. You're bound to get alot of stories from the refugees that wont be on the news, because there were there and they experienced it, and others did not.

On the topic of the looting and downright criminal activity, it is truely sickening. I posted in the other topic how the true nature of humans really does come out in times like this. We like to think everyone will band together and help those in need, but in the end, the pull of valuables and helping oneself is stronger.

Disgusting. sad.gif

819926[/snapback]

I agree totally.. And it really hurts to not be able to help these people.. I mean, it truly hurts.. There is so many little things we could do, but I dont even know where I could start.

Sorry to snap at your burnside, not many things get me mad.. But this just has me furious, I mean I cant even hardly type the feelings that I have right now.. Its just... Wrong...

No need to apologise. I'm sure just about everyone down there is on edge. It's emotionally affected the whole continent, i'm sure nerves are snapping like straws close to it. And that's just from the storm itself. Then when you hear about this, these vile acts, well.. i'll just say i'll be thankful for the vigilantes.

Burnside, do you think there is a way, we could set up an UM Charity, for the Hurricane relief? Maybe have members donate what they can, and put all procedes towards relief?

The whole situation makes you feel so helpless... sad.gif

And you can bet there are going to be many vigilantes angry.gif

TraJikMaJik, that is an excellent idea, i'll talk to Saruman to see if there's anyway we can do that.

If not, i'm sure there are some sites at least collecting we could link too.

I'll be in touch.

TraJikMaJik, that is an excellent idea, i'll talk to Saruman to see if there's anyway we can do that.

If not, i'm sure there are some sites at least collecting we could link too.

I'll be in touch.

819955[/snapback]

Hey thanks alot Burn.. I Know it would make me, and hopefully alot of other people, feel better to get some sort of charity going where we could actually make a difference..

Thats why I love it here.. Intellegent people, that actually care original.gif

The redcross.org is the place for donations of money. At this point, they say that's all they can handle. Evacuations are on the top of the to do list and they can't take in supplies.

I'll probably just pin a topic shortly with a link to red cross america so members can donate through there.

Just wanna see what Saru says.

Here is a list of organizations....

American Red Cross www.redcross.org

Federal Emergency Management Agency www.fema.gov

Salvation Army www.salvationarmyusa.org

National Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster www.nvoad.org

Catholic Charities USA www.catholiccharitiesusa.org

Thank you Michelle.

I have a lunch break soon, i'll get a pinned topic made up then. I think Saru has gone to bed so i wont hear his answer until morning anyway. original.gif