Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fats Domino missing in New Orleans

Gabriel

Before NBC, MTV or anyone else puts on a telethon to help victims of Hurricane Katrina, they might want to explore some ancillary issues. To wit: New Orleans is a city famous for its famous musicians, but many of them are missing. Missing with a capital M.

To begin with, one of the city’s most important legends, Antoine "Fats" Domino, has not been heard from since Monday afternoon. Domino’s rollicking boogie-woogie piano and deep soul voice are not only part of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame but responsible for dozens of hits like “Blue Monday,” “Ain’t That a Shame,” “Blueberry Hill” and “I’m Walking (Yes, Indeed, I’m Talking).”

Domino, 76, lives with his wife Rosemary and daughter in a three-story pink-roofed house in New Orleans’ 9th ward, which is now under water.

On Monday afternoon, Domino told his manager, Al Embry of Nashville, that he would “ride out the storm” at home. Embry is now frantic.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168122,00.html

Say it ain't so.. crying.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gabriel

• Babs

• Commander CMG

• Nadia B.

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but fats domino missing is no different in my eye's than any other poor individual that is missing.

He is a great artist but his life is no more important that the guy that works at the local store.

I was so worried about the french quarter and all that history being destroyed. This is awful.

I am sorry but fats domino missing is no different in my eye's than any other poor individual that is missing.

He is a great artist but his life is no more important that the guy that works at the local store.

821448[/snapback]

thumbsup.gif

umm... why would he wait it out even tho he knew it would be a killer storm and flood waters could have gotten as high as his roof or possible higher...

Why would thousands of others wait it out? hmm.gif