Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you active in your church

I am just wondering if anyone is active in their church. I just recently became involved in a group called Missionettes. A group for young girls. I love it. It helps us teach our younger generation about God.

PS: this isn't just for the christian church. It is for other churches too,.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranoid Android

• StalingradK

• Guardsman Bass

Nope Im not active in curches or moskee's, I only went to moskee a couple times for a haircut, some snickers bars and a good game of table soccer tongue.gif

What is a moskee? blink.gif

dontgetit.gif Does sleeping count as active? Cus for the life of me i cant sit through a church service without falling asleep. Edited by ajagsfairy

dontgetit.gif Does sleeping count as active? Cus for the life of me i cant sit through a church service without falling asleep.

821738[/snapback]

Lol, it happens to me all the time laugh.gif . I mean, I really try to pay attention to it, but almost always I start feeling comfortable and without knowing I fall asleep tongue.gif

Now, I know I shouldn't, but it just happens.

BTW, yes, I'm active in my church thumbsup.gif

I co-lead the High School Youth Group. I give talks about three times a year. I'm involved in the Music Ministry team. I used to run a Drama Ministry. But more than anything I simply do what I can to serve in the best way possible.

Is that active? It should be normal for a Christian to help out and serve God.

Regards, PA

As I don't really have a church( My name is Kismit and I have been a non-Christian for 31 years) I could say no, but because I beleive that the Earth is my place of worship I could say yes. I do a lot of volunteer work, I spend a great deal of time working on solutions to problems and helping to make my beliefs a more defined entity for me and I also like to work toward making the Earth a healthy place for everyone.

So I guess yes, would be the more apropriate answer. I am active in my place of worship. original.gif

Silly Rabbit, Deists don't have churches! I have to agree with Kismit, the entire universe is our house of worship. I spent a quarter of a century perserving the freedoms we take for granted. - CD thumbsup.gif

As I don't really have a church( My name is Kismit and I have been a non-Christian for 31 years) I could say no, but because I beleive that the Earth is my place of worship I could say yes. I do a lot of volunteer work, I spend a great deal of time working on solutions to problems and helping to make my beliefs a more defined entity for me and I also like to work toward making the Earth a healthy place for everyone.

So I guess yes, would be the more apropriate answer. I am active in my place of worship. original.gif

822535[/snapback]

very correct. I despise churches, although I consider myself Christian. I would never ever join any church organisation or club or whatever cause all of them are just to steal poor people's money. I know it's a cliche, but faith is indeed in us and we always need to show it inwards, never outwards. Is it different to god if I pray at home or is it better to pray in a painted place called church were I have to pay in order to light a candle? Honestly, I'd like to kick the living s...t out of some (if not all) priests. Remember, Jesus had done the same to the same kind of people.....

Sleeping during service is not active. Although I myself have fallen asleep before. But then the preacher starts screaming and getting all excited. You could say my church is radical.

I am glad that you do volunteer work Kismit. People are often to lazy to do something that requires hard work and no pay. It is sad. sad.gif

very correct. I despise churches, although I consider myself Christian. I would never ever join any church organisation or club or whatever cause all of them are just to steal poor people's money. I know it's a cliche, but faith is indeed in us and we always need to show it inwards, never outwards. Is it different to god if I pray at home or is it better to pray in a painted place called church were I have to pay in order to light a candle? Honestly, I'd like to kick the living s...t out of some (if not all) priests. Remember, Jesus had done the same to the same kind of people.....

822818[/snapback]

I agree, though not so vehemently. If I had to classify myself, I would be a Christo-Pagan and I do believe that wherever you go, god/godess is there - no need for a church building. In fact, I tend to think a church building gets in the way of your communion with the god/godess. I don't have time or ability to volunteer, but I spend all I can out in the world with my children listening to the whisperings and rythym of the natural world.

When Moe was a small boy, Father Smith asked us if we were "active" yet. He always had something lumpy in his pocket. yes.gif We think tha maybe he was dirty.

When Moe was a small boy, Father Smith asked us if we were "active" yet. He always had something lumpy in his pocket. yes.gif We think tha maybe he was dirty.

822958[/snapback]

Are you lying Moe? unsure.gif If not I am sorry. crying.gif

People are often to lazy to do something that requires hard work and no pay. It is sad.

Volunteer work don't get the bills paid! *snickers*

Yeah uh.. basicaly what Kis said.. ;P The whole natury thing yadda yadda my place of.. whathave you... *lazy cat moment*

Wait a sec.. that's right! I'm a cat! You guys should be worshiping me!!

XD rofl ;P

Hrm... Why do most Christian believe the sabbath day is Sunday? The true sabbath is on Saturday. There are many errors in the christian religion... Mainly in the Catholic area which people really need clarification on, like what Constantine I did.

StalingradK - the Sabbath hasn't even been mentioned in this thread. It's not relevant.

That aside, the term "church" refers to a gathering of believers. Historically it was never intended to refer to a building/organization. Whenever I refer to church I speak of that gathering, not my place of worship (which as Kismit eloquently put should refer to our whole life). Being active in "church" where you are gathered as a fellowship of God's people as opposed to being spiritually active in life and living - both are important (to me at least).

Regards, PA

No, because I am an atheist. However, officially I am still a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (The Mormons). It was the church I was raised in, but I haven't really attended other than a sacrement meeting for my mom's sake once in a while for nearly 2 years.

Sabbath is relevant, it does not say Temple, or Mosque. It says church, it inquires the Christian religion even if the author did not intent it to. And it might effect if you go to church or not.

Church as defined as a fellowship of believers does not require meeting up on Saturday. The Sabbath was a day set aside specifically for God - symbollic of our ultimate Sabbath rest in heaven (cf. Hebrews 4) and it has been fulfilled. If you so wish, you can still set aside Saturday as the Sabbath. No one has said Sunday is the Sabbath, and if they did they'd be wrong. Sunday is the day I meet up with a church (fellowship of believers).

Well, that's what I believe anyway,

Regards, PA

Church IMO mplys a particular point of view, a meeting of beleifs, Lets face it Lots of people have different beleifs IMO this implys seperateness and exclusivity, I choose unity, I tolerate and embrace any point of view, I seek to connect to all of life and the people of it, so no I don't go to church. Namaste Sheri

Yeah i go to church all the time I used to go to sleep during church but then i joined the youth group and now I never go to sleep i love it and I am going on a trip in like a week but yes I am active

-Thank you

I use to go on youth group trips. They are so fun.

Thanks for the replies people. yes.gif