Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush's response to the tragedy...

Richdog

I have to admit, I wondered why his first reaction was troops with guns and not food and water.

827187[/snapback]

People shooting at people with those supplies tend to get that reaction. hmm.gif Bunch of animals some are... who the hell shoots at the person trying to save your sorry excuse for a life? disgust.gif They just couldn't walk in unarmed with supplies trying to help the one suffering. sad.gif

827193[/snapback]

Or they could have gone in armed and with supplies and transport. I mean forgive me, I only see the News over here but the troops where sent in to restore order, not to give aid. Why couldn't they do both? Why was the most important thing the shoot to kill.

It's just that from here, Mr Bush does appear to have a bit of a guns first kneejerk reaction thing. hmm.gif

827216[/snapback]

Aid was going in first... they were shot at. As for the guys with guns not handing out aid while on patrols, I'd rather have them be free of everything to keep the innocent survivors safe as well as themselves. hmm.gif You going into "urban warfare" you really don't have the means to stop and say "Here's an MRE!" While carrying that all. It's a crappy situation which nobody should be blamed for BUT the guys that where shooting at the helpers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Piney

• jeceris

• Kismit

Top Posters In This Topic

The Aid that went in first was from the Red Cross, not the Government.

George expected the Governor of a State that is completely out of action to take control, and fix things. With what? And it does not change the fact that Mr. Bush's first reaction was Guns and troops, not aid. If they needed extra soldiers the offer is still there from New Zealand and I'm sure other countries.

I don't claim to know everything but I do believe this is the sole problem I have allways had with George.

The Aid that went in first was from the Red Cross, not the Government.

George expected the Governor of a State that is completely out of action to take control, and fix things. With what? And it does not change the fact that Mr. Bush's first reaction was Guns and troops, not aid. If they needed extra soldiers the offer is still there from New Zealand and I'm sure other countries.

I don't claim to know everything but I do believe this is the sole problem I have allways had with George.

827247[/snapback]

So, they should have sent in goverment aid first to get shot at before sending in patrols?

To control the problem. Nothing can really be done effectivity, with them running around loose. hmm.gif It sounds bad to send in troops on their own citizens but it had to be done. It's not like you can talk to them, to tell them to lay down their weapons and act like human beings so they could give the innocent ones help. disgust.gif If anything, I was shocked as heck to see the rise of violence as it was so quickly...

Soldiers from New Zealand sounds like a good idea, but there is a smaller time difference between them getting here then sending our own people in.

Piney,

You do realise by claiming that the Cops are racist, you are discriminating against people who are trying to help othere's while there own homes and families are in fact lost.

It's not a race issue, it's a human issue. Let's keep it that way.

827221[/snapback]

I spent some serious time in NOLA visiting family and racism is a factor. sad.gif If you are ever in this country make it a point to visit the Deep South.

lapi'che ni'tis

I spent some serious time in NOLA visiting family and racism is a factor.  If you are ever in this country make it a point to visit the Deep South.

Racism exists all over not just in the South. But the police are not racist...if you have ever been in New Orleans for any length of time you would have noticed that a great many of the Police are black. Serious time in any city will identify a race relation problem...it isn't unique to the South or to the city of NO...it is indicative of life in any big city. Tell me there isn't just as much racism in Newark! disgust.gif

I spent some serious time in NOLA visiting family and racism is a factor.  If you are ever in this country make it a point to visit the Deep South.

Racism exists all over not just in the South. But the police are not racist...if you have ever been in New Orleans for any length of time you would have noticed that a great many of the Police are black. Serious time in any city will identify a race relation problem...it isn't unique to the South or to the city of NO...it is indicative of life in any big city. Tell me there isn't just as much racism in Newark! disgust.gif

827302[/snapback]

When it comes to STATE POLICE which is what I was talking about there is more. That is why they pulled their fangs here. I know that the NO cops were to busy looking for family and trying to survive. They couldn't worry about others. If I was in their situation I would do the same.

Something that hasn't been addressed yet is why Bush didn't let any aid workers from other countries to come in and help.

So what started all this anarchy in the streets - it was the looting, first for food and water then the gangs formed. Looting could of been prevented if he sent in aid first, not the Army.

I heard that two police have commited suicide due to the stress they were in.

Even the Australian government is criticising the US government for it's slow reaction so it's NOT AN ANTI-BUST THING.

Edited by Dowdy

Kratos, I am not arguing against arming the troops, my point is that the citizens of New Orleans are suffering because of no food and water, and Mr. Bush's first action was to send in guns.

Of course these people can be reasoned with, they are people like you and I, if government help had of been sent in immediately, how many people would be looting and shooting for survival? The ones who are doing it for profit are a small and stupid minority. There is no money to be made in a state where the banks cannot function. handling them would have been a lot simpler on day one.

As far as the time difference for NZ troops, it would take 6 hours for us to get our troops ready according to Hellen Clark, and then I believe it's another 16 hours travel. They could have been there on the first day, when they were offered. With their food and Water and clothing and more importantly medical aid. Or they could have been there and in action by day two before things became so desperate.

Piney,

I understand that racism is wrong, I am well aware of how racism works. You honestly can't live in New Zealand and not be aware of it.

Edited by Kismit