Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An open letter to Bush from Michael Moore.

Blackleaf

wow. what a load that was. i can't believe how ignorant Moore is.

Larry, very interesting mate, is all that law stuff true?? I wasn't aware he couldn't legally use the armed forces within the US.

cheers,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faeden

• sofia

• starlitkate

• LarryOldtimer

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of complaining about GW what has Moore done about New Orleans?

Oh, if anybody asks, my company already has money and trucks going there to help restore the telecommunications infrastructure. Just shoot a few of the looters and the process of repair will be a lot easier.

Dr

Moore is not a government, he is not in a position to do anything, I am sure he has given as much as he can. Have you found out what he has done? if not you have no right to say what he has or hasn’t done, what have you done?

He has done America great things by exposing so many people to the truth about there own governments.

Larry now that your intellect has peeked and you are insulting Moore as fat, do you LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR LEADER...............

user posted image

I was wondering when this unintelligent garbage would make it on UM..... I must admit .. I am a little disappointed in all the Michael Moore lovers... this has been circulating for a few days now.... innocent.gif

I'm am not going to even waste my time on saying what I think about michael moore... been there.. done it... wrote the book wink2.gif

And against popular belief over there in other countries.... MOST Americans do NOT like or support Michael Moore... his beliefs... or is pitiful, pathetic, cause. He is just a big joke tongue.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

Dr

Moore is not a government, he is not in a position to do anything, I am sure he has given as much as he can. Have you found out what he has done? if not you have no right to say what he has or hasn’t done, what have you done?

He has done America great things by exposing so many people to the truth about there own governments.

Larry now that your intellect has peeked and you are insulting Moore as fat, do you LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR LEADER...............

user posted image

826521[/snapback]

Actually I have checked to see what he has done and it isn't much. Me, I'm making sure that they get their telecommunications back. It will be essential for their EMS. This is what I do.

wow.  what a load that was.  i can't believe how ignorant Moore is. 

Larry, very interesting mate, is all that law stuff true??  I wasn't aware he couldn't legally use the armed forces within the US.

cheers,

826429[/snapback]

It sure is true . . . the only time the President can use armed forces in the US is under emergency conditions . . . and then only with an act of Congress. It happens that Congress was not in session at the time. Bush indeed tried, the Friday before Katrina hit, to convince the governor and the legislature to declare martial law and allow the federal armed forces to handle things . . . but the legislature of LA refused to do so. no.gif

I blame Bush for this. I live on a Island off the mainland of Maine. Just over the bridge to get onto the main land is a Coast Guard base. I've seen the transportation they use and I've seen them in movies such as Perfect Storm. Now seeing these in person they can fit a bus load of people in these. Why weren't the local and national coast guard called up to try to air lift the homeless and other people. Bush could have ordered for that. He didn't need to wait around for permission. Evidence was right in front of him and it's called Katrina--aka a hurricane. Thousands of people died because of his tactless uncaring butt. Also, when a big hurrican hits Florida and kills thousands, then even those without tv and radio hear about it. Most the time my tv is on cartoons because of daughter or my spouse is playing playstation or I'am home or busy, so I wasn't really hearing anything until my spouse told me, UM told me, yahoo and what little time I could get in to watch the news because I stay so busy. But if it was hitting Florida killing thousands then I highly doubt I would have to seek the info to follow up on it. So when it comes down to it. Bush is to blame. He has been careless and heartless in his actions, therefor leaving the world to wonder what's going on or what has he done. I've seen celebraties do more than he has done. But hey he is our president. I think that if Michael Moore was our president then I might not like everything he does because not every president has been perfect. Even Kennedy and Clinton was liars and cheaters. But at least with Moore being president then I'am sure he would have had Bin Ladens head on a platter. Because America isn't the only ones suffering. Since the war, Europe and UK has suffered Terrorism and still do everyday. Just imagine jumping on a train or bus and wonder if a Terrorist just made a drive to your country and decided to blow your transportation up. At least America has to be grateful we live farther from them. That's why the terrorist had to be chickens and hide till the attacks. And why because they have no principles or heart. Killing themselves isn't nothing as long as they take others out with them. I commend Michael Moore for what he is doing. And I think some others including Bush need to wake up and realize that we aren't a free country so much as we claim. Those homeless didn't have the timeframe to have the freedom to get up and walk out from the storm, they didn't have the money to get them out.

Edited by starlitkate

I blame Bush for this. I live on a Island off the mainland of Maine. Just over the bridge to get onto the main land is a Coast Guard base. I've seen the transportation they use and I've seen them in movies such as Perfect Storm. Now seeing these in person they can fit a bus load of people in these. Why weren't the local and national coast guard called up to try to air lift the homeless and other people. Bush could have ordered for that. He didn't need to wait around for permission. Evidence was right in front of him and it's called Katrina--aka a hurricane. Thousands of people died because of his tactless uncaring butt.  Also, when a big hurrican hits Florida and kills thousands, then even those without tv and radio hear about it.  Most the time tv is on cartoons because of daughter, so I wasn't really hearing anything until my spouse told me, UM told me, yahoo and what little time I could get in to watch the news because I stay so busy.  But if it was hitting Florida killing thousands then I highly doubt I would have to seek the info to follow up on it.  So when it comes down to it. Bush is to blame. He has been careless and heartless in his actions, therefor leaving the world to wonder what's going on or what has he done. I've seen celebraties do more than he has done.  But hey he is our president. I think that if Michael Moore was our president then I might not like everything he does because not every president has been perfect. Even Kennedy and Clinton was liars and cheaters. But at least with Moore being president then I'am sure he would have had Bin Ladens head on a platter. Because America isn't the only ones suffering. Since the war, Europe and UK has suffered Terrorism and still do everyday. Just imagine jumping on a train or bus and wonder if a Terrorist just made a drive to your country and decided to blow your transportation up. At least America has to be grateful we live farther from them.  That's why the terrorist had to be chickens and hide till the attacks. And why because they have no principles or heart. Killing themselves isn't nothing as long as they take others out with them. I commend Michael Moore for what he is doing. And I think some others including Bush need to wake up and realize that we aren't a free country so much as we claim. Those homeless didn't have the timeframe to have the freedom to get up and walk out from the storm, they didn't have the money to get them out.

826910[/snapback]

Moore is out for Moore. No one else. It is about making money.

So what if Moore is?? What is your excuse for Bush??? Got one?? I didn't think so or I doubt it or unless it's the same sappy excuse that Bush uses every day along with his followers. Stop looking at the reasons for Moore doing this, at least he's doing something. Whereelse Bush isn't.

So what if Moore is?? What is your excuse for Bush??? Got one?? I didn't think so or I doubt it or unless it's the same sappy excuse that Bush uses every day along with his followers. Stop looking at the reasons for Moore doing this, at least he's doing something. Whereelse Bush isn't.

826939[/snapback]

You're saying it's okay for Moore to be a self-serving egotist, but somehow it's different when it comes to Bush? Why should we be forced to make excuses for Bush when none (or very few) of us are defending him? Since when does disliking Michael Moore automatically make someone a Bush-lover?

You're arguing against a point that was never made in the first place. Don't be so presumptuous.

I'am not saying Moore is being self-serving is ok. But if you are against him, than it's easy to argue against someone that does commend him. Right?? And what are you talking about? Wasted point?? Isn't this all part of the topic are you u just being egoistic or whatever?? Moore isn't our president, Bush is and Bush isn't doing a job. Whatever the reason that Moore is doing this, then at least he's doing something good and saying that the U.S. needs to make changes. And until we do then we will always have presidents that don't take precautions, that order shoot to kill, a president that is still fighting a war that should be over especially since iraq has a new president and all. So please don't make rediculous comments saying I'am arguing against a point that was never made. Well you didn't make this post, and posts are made with all open feelings about the subject of the point. You on the other hand are making needless comments.

Don't be so p***y. I am not saying Bush is god. I like maybe a 1/3 of what he does. Democrats are no better. Politicians in general suck, no matter the party. The main reason I am a Republican is because I don't believe in higher taxes. I am stating that Moore is a self serving jerk, that should not be seen as a hero. You just started ranting for no reason.

Edited by ericraven2003

I never started rainting till I gave my opinion on how Moore is handling Bush and you guys started getting defensive and all. I'am not p***y. Only time I had a tone is when Sofia resorted making tactless comments.

Hehe can you say owned  thumbsup.gif

826942[/snapback]

You make no sense. She was raging about a point I did not make.

Edited by ericraven2003

I'am not saying Moore is being self-serving is ok. But if you are against him, than it's easy to argue against someone that does commend him. Right??  And what are you talking about? Wasted point?? Isn't this all part of the topic are you u just being egoistic or whatever??  Moore isn't our president, Bush is and Bush isn't doing a job. Whatever the reason that Moore is doing this, then at least he's doing something good and saying that the U.S. needs to make changes. And until we do then we will always have presidents that don't take precautions, that order shoot to kill, a president that is still fighting a war that should be over especially since iraq has a new president and all.  So please don't make rediculous comments saying I'am arguing against a point that was never made. Well you didn't make this post, and posts are made with all open feelings about the subject of the point. You on the other hand are making needless comments. 

827073[/snapback]

Egoism? Needless comments? Heaven forbid I express my point of view on a subject, which is all I'm trying to do here.

My opposition of Moore's rants has nothing to do with his political viewpoints. He's created a foundation of support using poorly researched material which, in most cases, is based upon rumours as opposed to facts. He feeds the public what they want to hear, skimming over or completely ignoring anything that suggests his conclusions may be wrong. If Moore were half the man he's made out to be, he'd tackle those facts head-on rather than omitting them completely.

It's this laziness and lack of professionalism that p***es me off. If Moore were harping on anything else using these tactics, I'd still oppose him -- regardless of my opinions on the subject.

I'm not trying to tell you what you should and shouldn't be posting, nor am I saying that your point of view is a 'waste'. I'm clarifying a viewpoint which you seem to have misunderstood; I apologize if I gave you any other impression.

I never started rainting till I gave my opinion on how Moore is handling Bush and you guys started getting defensive and all. I'am not p***y. Only time I had a tone is when Sofia resorted making tactless comments.

827105[/snapback]

Tactless? How so?

And I too have a right to express my views without being called up for them.

The problem is with pro violence and pro ignorance people is Moore comes up with facts, which cant be disputed, (well people always try and find ways, but fail) so it makes the pro violence people angry, frustrated, and aggressive, and often abusive, of which there are examples in this tread, there is no changing there minds, let them think how they wish, its not like they have not be told so they cant say later that "well I did not know" because they have had it spelled out to them in plain speaking.

Moore has made money from his books and documentaries yes, but what do pro Bush people want him to do with all the money, give it all away? Moore has done what he has set out to do from the start, he has exposed Bush for who and what he is, he has helped and is helping America greatly. Bush also has make lots of money from what he does, the difference is Moore makes it by writing books and making films, Bush does it by killing people, destroying the environment and embracing capitalism AKA selfish greed.

Edited by Faeden

And I too have a right to express my views without being called up for them. 

827195[/snapback]

I'm not attacking your views; I have no idea where you got that idea from, but whatever. This is a silly argument and we've derailed this thread for long enough.

The problem is with pro violence and pro ignorance people is Moore comes up with facts, which cant be disputed

827244[/snapback]

Funny how these indisputable facts often turn out to be wrong.

Yes in your mind they do, as that is the nature of self delusion.

Yes in your mind they do, as that is the nature of self delusion. 

827270[/snapback]

So tell me, what exactly am I deluding myself into believing?

Edit: I dislike Bush and have no reason to want Michael Moore to be wrong. I'm curious, why would I delude myself into believing something that hurts my point of view?

Edited by sofia

827273[/snapback]

People have been telling you, I have been telling you, but your delusions have stopped you from seeing it. What’s the point in keep repeating my self?.

827273[/snapback]

People have been telling you, I have been telling you, but your delusions have stopped you from seeing it. What’s the point in keep repeating my self?.

827277[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif Rather than paraphrasing what you've already said, perhaps you might want to try answering the question directly. You've yet to prove anything here.

Edited by sofia