Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcism of Anneliese Michel

Sensuei

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Radian

• Boltwave

• Imaginary Friend

• seanph

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The logic of this has been bothering me: Supposedly the real audio tapes are played over the previews of the movie. Well, what I've heard on TV has been in English, but the girl herself was German. Unless demons are only fluent in English (no derrogatory American comments, please wink2.gif ), that to me proves the rumors of the tapes are just publicity pieces to give more push to the film's fright-factor.

its emily rose -_-

825779[/snapback]

the name was changed to Emily Rose for the US release. The true story is of a German girl named Anneliese Michel.

Who's Anneliese Michel?

827942[/snapback]

I wanna know too.

The movie trailer of Emily Rose has parts of this exorcism in it.....

Russian girl exorcism recording....

Becareful....not for th easily spooked!

Edited by SilverRain Queen

Who's Anneliese Michel?

She is who the movie Emily Rose is based on... Anneliese Michel is her real name.

This is from a book I have Called "The Mysteries of the Unexplained" (Printed in 1990)

"In November 1972 Anneliese Michel, a young student at the University of Wurzburg, West Germany, was taken by her parents to see the parish priest in her hometown of Klimgenberg. She had developed some worrisome signs of abnormal behavior at the university-refusing to eat, flying into violent rages, screaming, and trying to attack those around her-and her parents were deeply concerned. In the priest's view, Anneliese was possessed by demons, and he recommended a ritual exorcism. As Roman Catholic procedure requires, the case was investigated by a leading authority on exorcism and demonic possession, Father Adolf Rodewyk, an 81-year-old Jesuit. Father Rodewyk agreed with the priest’s diagnosis, and on his recommendation the regional bishop, Father Josef Stangl, gave permission for the exorcism to take place. The exorcists chosen for the task were the Reverend Arnold Renz and the Reverend Ernst Alt. By then Anneliese had been receiving medical treatment for epilepsy for four years. On July 1, 1976, after several months of exorcism, Anneliese died of malnutrition and dehydration at the age of 23. She weighed 70 pounds. On march 2 1987, the two exorcists and Anneliese’s parents were charged of negligent homicide, on the grounds that they had allowed the girls death without seeking medical help for her. Bishop Stangl, and Father Rodewyk, who seem not to have known that medical was being withheld, were not charged. In April 1978 the two priests were found guilty and were given suspended prison sentences of six months. For the Roman Catholic Church, the death of Anneliese Michel was a nightmare come true, demonstrating the dangers inherent in the ritual of exorcism and the murky distinctions between priestly and medical responsibility. In Father Rodewyk’s own handbook on possession and exorcism, originally published in 1963 and translated into English under the title Possessed by Satan, priests are urged to consider medical explanations for apparent possession. One section of the book, in fact is titled “ Lets not Always Think of Possession!” Father Rodewyk, outlining the bishop’s responsibilities says that he “may appoint a commission of theologians and physicians to undertake a further investigation” and warns that the exorcists “Must guard against playing the role of physician when encountering physiological symptoms.” He quotes the authoritative Roman Ritual (of exorcism): “ The exorcist should avoid giving or recommending any sort of medication to the possessed; that is the physician’s task.” Although such statements clearly suggest that physician may sometimes be needed before and during an exorcism, there is no stipulation that a doctor must be in attendance. This deficiency in church procedure was corrected, at least in Germany, after the conviction of the two priests in the Michel case. In May 1978 the German Bishops’ Conference ruled that in future no exorcisms would be permitted unless a doctor was present."
Edited by Claizen

The logic of this has been bothering me:  Supposedly the real audio tapes are played over the previews of the movie.  Well, what I've heard on TV has been in English, but the girl herself was German.  Unless demons are only fluent in English (no derrogatory American comments, please wink2.gif ), that to me proves the rumors of the tapes are just publicity pieces to give more push to the film's fright-factor.

825784[/snapback]

you know l never thought about that , before l thought the tapes could be real but know l believe they are totally fake , and they are mean't for people to want to see this movie and to believe in it .

it's a shame mad.gif it would have been some proof to demon possesion no.gif

Someone brought up the fact that the tapes played in the movie are in English and the girl whom the movie was based on, Anneliese Michel, was German , which could mean it's a hoax or a scare tactic, which I hadn't thought about so for a second I was like, "Yea, this movie is B.S. like Blair Witch."

Then I got to thinking about it... One of the elements that must be met for a person to be recognized by the Catholic Church as being Demonically Possessed, is speaking in tounges. I think generally it means speaking in Latin, or some dead Babylonian language or something, but who's to say it can't be contemporary languages. Like me speaking Farsi or French outta no where.

I think one of the biggest things that would discredit Demonic Possession to me, would be, whats the point? What is to gain from possessing a person at all? If the Devil where all powerful and as all knowing as God, why waste time playing T-Ball if you have to power to be in the world series? I guess maybe it could be to remind people your there, but 80% person of people are just going the be like, "Yea whatever, that was fake." I know first hand from that.

Back in 1996 I went with some friends to a church thing (I'm not to much of a religious person by the way, Agnostic), anyway... Everyone's singing and having a good time, then all of a sudden this girl falls to the floor, starts screaming gibberish, and then the lights start flickering and the fire alarm goes on and off. I'm not going to lie, it scared the sh** out of me, but even being that close to a supposed Demonic Possession, after the shock, reason and logic sets in. It could be orchestrated; a way to get more people to come to the church and donate money. But then again everyone has defense mechanisms when it comes to confronting "life altering experiences," and I'm probably not exempt either. Who knows...?

Maybe, she was schizophrenic. I have an Aunt that does the same type of stuff when her condition gets to her really bad. Maybe Anneliese Michel developed schizophrenia, and with her deep religious up bringing, I think, it could easily explain why she acted the way she did.

By the way, that audio clip someone posted, scared the sh** out of me I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Anyway, enough ranting from me, just some food for thought. Anyone else got Possession stories to share so that I don't look like a lunatic? See ya!

I've seen that stoopid move the excrcisim of emily rose. and i've read the book, and i've studied up on Anneliese Michel, they dont all add up there are some coincedinces but other than that nothing really

My husband and I watched the movie today, as it was just released. I felt it was intelligently made. Sure, there is going to be some hollywood hype, it is a movie, but it was based on events that really took place.

I do not know about "the real tapes" being used. The movie is based on the content of those tapes. I guess there is one scene where the tape could have been used, as she ends up speaking in (if I remember correctly) four or five different languages. But, I doubt it. Not all the tape in the movie is in English, they have a few subtitles were they are speaking in different tongues.

There really is not that many exorcism scenes. They are not cheesy or hokey, I think they were respectfully done. What you do get out of it is that the director wants you to make up your own mind on was she possessed or was she mentally ill. They never really try to make your mind up about that.

Anneliese is considered a martyr in Germany. Many people travel from all over the world to visit her gravesite. The movie was interesting and really made me think about what exactly it is I believe could happen.....

o my god..I can not believe this at all.. i think i wont be able to sleep for a few weeks.. oooooo myyyyyy goooodddd... you guys have to listen to this.... this is iisss isss isss reallyyyyyyy scarrrrryyyyyy....

itssssssssssss alllllllllll trueeee.. damnnnnnnn

http://paranormal.about.com/library/bl_exo...m_recording.htm

please let me know what u guys think!!! hey.. if you guy cant handle it.. pleaseeeeee pleaseeeeeeee do not listen to this recording!!!

well good luck... please pray for me, pray that i can get a good nite sleep...

James

um, not reallly sure. in the movie, The Exorscism of Emily Rose, they displayed a recording( probably just to increase the number of people who come to see the movie). however, i've been doing some research online and at my local library (that didn't help; the library of course) and i discovered that the recordings of exorscims were most likely to be kept from society. priests and bishops felt that revealing them to the communities, would possibly increase the numbers of disbelievers in the catholic/ christian religion and would start riots, therefore detroying the purpose to make people belive. huh.gif

does anyone know how to find the recordings of the exorcism, or if the still exist?

825120[/snapback]

good question, i'd like to hear em too.. then only answer that i really see here is at the end of it all pg 2... something about exorcists not allowing for fear of starting riots and whatnot... to me that seems to be so much bs. if the church really wants ppl to show up, they need this to be out in the open.. including video. of course there is no sure way to "prove" that anything is real or not doctored.

as far as the russian tapes... not scary.. sounds like could be bs to me, would like to hear something where exorcist(s) are speaking in english or at very least in latin.. but i can't even hear the exorcist. maybe its just me.

as far as the real tapes being used in the movie.. i highly doubt it. after seeing the movie yesterday with my wife (first, i was disappointed that it was about the trial -- and not even factual at that -- instead of being about the demonic possession) i did appreciate and enjoy the few scenes of possession they showed, but as pointed out repeatedly, this was a german family not american as presumed. another problem that i did have with the "possession" was that the demons, when asked their names.. claimed to be the one that was judas, hitler etc... were they claiming to be the demons in these ppl or the spirits of these deceased ppl? i don't believe that a demon and a spirit is the same thing at all.. a demon being a fallen angel and one of satan's minions. of course, it is well known that demons and the devil are liars....

The demons were saying they were in these people if you listen to the first one he says "I was in cain" and one of the demons says "I was with Legion"So yes they were saying who they were in.I thought it was an awesome movie.

Sartin29 that's not the exorcism of Michel, but some other russian girl, don't understand a lot of it, would have liked to hear someone praying or speaking, it's basiclly just screams

um, not reallly sure. in the movie, The Exorscism of Emily Rose, they displayed a recording( probably just to increase the number of people who come to see the movie). however, i've been doing some research online and at my local library (that didn't help; the library of course) and i discovered that the recordings of exorscims were most likely to be kept from society. priests and bishops felt that revealing them to the communities, would possibly increase the numbers of disbelievers in the catholic/ christian religion and would start riots, therefore detroying the purpose to make people belive.  huh.gif

838699[/snapback]

The recordings of exorcisms, or any manifestations of the occult are not revealed to the public for another reason. The Church is not in a position of fear, in which they try to manipulate people in order to safeguard their beliefs. Quite the opposite. The mumblings of the spirits from hell, be they fallen angels or recuited/damned human ones, lead nowhere. Signs from them, no matter how tangible, how real, how coincidental - are that: SIGNS.

What can be signs? Just the tip of the iceberg:

The visible spirit of a deceased person, its voice, unexplained smells (hell smells solely of excrement), (during an exorcism or any other time) demons revealing highly personal secrets and knowledge, psychics with complete and "accurate" information in police cases...the list goes on.

Signs can be from God. Or they can be from liars- the inhabitants of hell. The Church very clearly states that the individual does not have the authority to determine the ORIGIN of the sign (from heaven or hell). (Lucifer is very clever- knows more theology and is more intelligent than man- virtue of definition of angel.)

The Church does not reveal the activities of the demons on a grand scale, in some desperate case to "win over" the incredulous, but suppresses them. Again, since they are signs, even the most intelligent, or even the most holy, person can be mislead listening to that. If one focuses on signs, you will end up in disappointment, and in Satan's clutches. The Church instead focuses on the activity of God. Once one "sees" the power of God, no wimpy manifestation of evil even compares.

as a pastor as well as a m/h therapist we have had the priveledge to work w/ some very courageous people and families over the years. i personally became aquainted

w/anneliesse michel's story! this was a heartbreaking story of a family beseiged by

unholy/unclean spirits. this story did not have to end this way!

in our work w/people and families we work w/ the abused! metally,physically,sexually,and ritually as well. ritually meaning ;religious,occultic,

or cultic. we have worked extensively w/sra survivors(satanic ritual abuse)

carefull analysis and consideration must be used in these areas as many "disorders"

w/ associated audio and visual halucinations religiously based! ie demons;god;jesus

satan; etc.a carefull and concise history and physical exam must take place.

over the years we have had to cast out hundreds of unholy/unclean spirits(demons)

they must be removed if they identify or manifest themselves to you.since they are unclean/unholy they bring this to those they oppress/demonize and the worst"possess".

these spirits are very real and do have an agenda. they can only be dealt w/ effectively through jesus christ. they are spirit and god and jesus are spirit.

beleivers / followers of jesus have authority and power over them all; but in his name

and authority only!!!its not buy the holiness or righteousness or piousness of the believer at all. but by our relationship w/ jesus . it is by his name his power, not at all by ours.

they still come out the same way they did in jesus day;screaming;hollering;

thrashing around;threatening. but! they will and do come out. some easier than others. the persons mental and physical health must always be the most imp issue

. these courageous people need our deepest love,nurtchuring, and understanding.

jesus came "to set the captives free" never to burden them.

mahalo! may god bless. revdberk destroy the darkness

• 1 month later...

The audio tapes are in german (Anneliese's native language(?)). The tape's played in the movie may be the "translated" version with some theatrical effects added. If you really want information on Anneliese or exorcisms for that fact you should do a search. About.com has some audio tapes and video tapes that were recorded/filmed during actual roman(?) exorcism's while they are not Anneliese's they are still interesting. I don't buy much into the movie. The so called "real" emily rose's possession began at 16. From what I have heard the movie starts at the college level. as far as a sentencing goes, the priest and her parents only got 6 months. The movie should say loosely based on facts with lots of translations. Another thing one of my professors pointed out was they can use what Anneliese said on the audio tapes because even though what she said was not in english it is very hard to understand even if you spoke the native tongue used. As far as what is being said to her, however, would obviously be in another language (I highly doubt Sony used the actual priest verbiage).

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... First of all, I'm german and I LOVED the movie.

A few days ago they were talking about the movie in a german TV show and about the new exorcism teachings in a university in vatican city (seems like the church does not think about it to be emberessing anymore) and about it's huge success.

In that show they played parts of the real tapes.

Now if anyone of you thinks the tape in the movie is extremly theatrical or unrealistic, believe me, they sound the same.

It was like I was listening to "The Exorcist" in german.

I was shocked. She cursed and screamed... And they showed pictures of her during the exocism and shortly before her death.

DAMN !!! Just like movie make-up !!!

If u look of her picture from university, you would NEVER believe it's the same girl.

Still doing some research on german sites to find the records. If I do, I'll let you know... :)

If u look of her picture from university, you would NEVER believe it's the same girl.

Still doing some research on german sites to find the records. If I do, I'll let you know... :)

Well i have seen the university picture of her but not any exorcim or post exorcism ones and if you do find anything out about the records it would be great if you did let u know