Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The lost Thunderbird Photo

haunted_andrew

Is this the image you remember seeing?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the image you remember seeing?

• yes
    • no

The mysterious thunderbird photo, everyone's seen it but nobody can find it. I personally remember seeing it in a book about Dinosaurs when I was in elementry school. It facinated me. Probbably the first supposed cryptid I'd ever laid eyes on. Anyways, I've drawn this picture of what I remember seeing. Let me know if this rings any bells.

The second one is just after I dressed it up a bit in photoshop to show more shading...

huh, i messed up on the poll... *shrugs*

post-23059-1125782640_thumb.jpg

post-23059-1125782675_thumb.jpg

Edited by haunted_andrew

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheLikeness

• haunted_andrew

• Solofront

• Sthenno

Absolutely not. The picture I remember seeing was an enormus eagle nailed to the inside of a barn wall with six men in western garb standing in front of it fingertip to fingertip to show the width of the wingspan.

BTW thanks for fixing the poll happy.gif;;

Edited by haunted_andrew

I do vaguely remember that image actually. The several men infront of it ring a bell. I'll have another look.

Absolutely not. The picture I remember seeing was an enormus eagle nailed to the inside of a barn wall with six men in western garb standing in front of it fingertip to fingertip to show the width of the wingspan.

825261[/snapback]

The image you're referring to was not an eagle, but supposedly a Pteranodon. John Keel wrote about how this photo mysteriously disappeared. Several fakes have made the rounds on the net, but the original remains lost.

Shot during the civil war was the claim wasn't it?

Here's another example of the hoaxed photos.

user posted image

it looks like a pelican to me, i could be wrong though, its proportions look right, and pelicans grow to upto 7ft from wingtip to wingtip

plus those folks in the pic look like hobbits to me yes.gif so it could be a pelican

dont know for sure though

oh wow, that looks strikingly simalir to a pteradon, look at the back of its head, it has the long creasant shape...cool

it also looks feather less, and even more so, since its bones are prominent

I like your drawing style. Sadly, this is the first time I've heard of this photo. sad.gif

*sighs* maybe one of these days I'll head back to my old elementary school and try to find it again...

I don't think their could ever be a bird that big....

There is a raptor-type bird in the recent fossil record that reached that size... I don't remember what the name was... can anybody find it?

Edited by haunted_andrew

we have nothing to do but look up in the skies we might see a thunderbird but 90% of the time you'll just see airplanes

825548[/snapback]

wow, a 10% chance of seeing a thunderbird, those are pretty good odds, considering what we're talking about w00t.gif

we have a 1-50,000 chance of getting struck by lighting, seems like we should be seeing these birds everyday then, doesnt it tongue.gif

Wouldn't it be sweet to hitch a ride on one? devil.gif

::pulls up to... i mean swoops down to some honeys on sunset blvd::

"What's up, ladies? goin' sumplace?"

"what? this? this is MY ride. Say hi, cocoa"

"BA-KAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!"

thumbsup.gif

I dont think a bird that size is even possible. Albatross are small compared to these things, and it's one hell of a task for them to get airborne. This thunderbird thing is reminding me of the legendary bird pokemon. Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres. Ho-Oh, Lugia and so on tongue.gif

I have seen a few photo's off this bird, but none look real to me! no.gif

quetzalcoatlus were the biggest flying creatures ever, there wingspan was about 42 feet. Was it a thunder bird?

user posted image

[attachmentid=18327]

[edit: image too big, added as attachment instead]

Edited by BurnSide

I do vaguely, sort of remember seeing something like that somewhere, but it's possible I only remember it because you suggested that everyone remembers seeing it. Could be this picture only exists in the power of suggestion.

Anyhow, the lost photograph itself could be a hoax.

Keep in mind that I saw it about the age of seven before I would've heard of any "description" of the photo or any preconcieved notion of what it would look like. I've read discussions before regaring this topic and all have described the same thing (from what I've read) After reading THESE I recalled seeing the photograph at a really young age.

I remember posting this in a similar thunderbird topic on here-

For those of you who know who John Keel is:

This guy has said that he has indeed seen the actual thunderbird photograph.

His street cred may be questionable, but it's real according to him.

I, for one, think it does exist (the photo)...

only cuz i want it to laugh.gif