Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rap star attacks Bush at benefit

Faeden

maybe I am a racist. sad.gif

825761[/snapback]

No, it is not racist to see facts. There were however some white looters, but just not as many because those parts of the country are heavy populated with blacks.

As I have seen on the web already though, some sites are stating that the violence is because they are black.

In Asia, they didn't have this problem and there was much more problems then this.

So... when you look at it, it seems racist because they are black but then again... what can you because it is happening. hmm.gif

A lot of people are shocked at the violence that is/has taken place. I've stated it more then once on other threads.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nxt2Hvn

• jerrylambert

• Faeden

• NJC

Top Posters In This Topic

As a black person i feel very embaressed whenever i hear somebody say something like kanye west said, that nothing is happening just because they are black.

Please! its no racial issue, yes i too believe the help is coming to slowly but not because they dont want to help the ppl from new orleans.

I think its because its difficult to get in and some of the residents of new orleans arent exactly helping either. Shooting at the police, looting tv's? C'mon what you need a tv for and why you stealing tv's when people around you need your help?

When a disaster happens you expect to see the best behaviour in people, i really thought i would see people helping out and doing whatever they can to make sure help gets to the persons who need it. Not rapes and murders! i feel such shame.

When a disaster happens you expect to see the best behaviour in people, i really thought i would see people helping out and doing whatever they can to make sure help gets to the persons who need it. Not rapes and murders! i feel such shame.

I feel shame with you! And it isn't about race...it is about an 'evil' in American society that needs to be irradicated...gangs. Gangs consist of mostly black and hispanic Americans. But it isn't about race. It is about the 'members' of gangs..whether they be black, hispanic, white, martian....there is an element of society that is just evil. Unfortunately, these are the ones doing the raping and shooting. Many of the looters weren't involved in gangs at all...and most of them are black...but again, it isn't about race. Within the context of any group of people, there is going to be a certain percentage that will rise to an occasion and do what is necessary to help in any way...there is also going to be a percentage that will drop to the bottom of expectations and do the unthinkable.

Why do these people (rappers, etc.) waste precious time, airtime, and energy spewing their hate for the president? On one hand you have a bunch of people trying to make things better and on the other hand you have a bunch of people who have hated Bush since 2000 and who just are not capable of putting that hate aside for the betterment of the many. Sad.

All of us should brace ourselves for the days and weeks ahead...as the City is dewatered...a very grim, ugly, and heart-wrenching tail is going to unfold...we should all prepare for that and do what we can to make life better for those who survived. A challenge that has no place for petty politics.

Edited by joc

In my opinion the media isn't helping this situation at all. I myself believe it is painting an unfair picture of not only African-Americans but everyone. There needs to be more aid and people need to stop feeding their greed, wether you be black, white, native or hindu. Gangs by the way consist of much more than blacks and hispanics joc. Ever hear of white supremacist gangs and neo-nazi's? I can guarantee you will find no blacks or hispanics here...We need to realize race, religion and social standing have no relevance in this, we are all capable of evil by just being human.

Gangs by the way consist of much more than blacks and hispanics joc. Ever hear of white supremacist gangs and neo-nazi's?

Yes, and if you will re-read my post you will find that I said..mostly..and that is correct. The vast majority of gang members are black and hispanic...and I also said it isn't about race several times....and it isn't...until we do something about the gang problem in America...none of us are really going to be safe.

GB loves black folks , like opra ,bill cosby , OJ ,MJ ect--as long as they got $100,000,000 their his best pals !

you people saying the people should walk out of new orleans before the storm hit--it's 80miles to high ground --they only had 20 hours to walk it in-you do the math.

Edited by jsf35rino

It sounds like you have been watching to many news reports, you have no reason to feel ashamed, some of the Britons that arrived home today in the UK said that most people are helping out, its only a small few that are doing evil things, its just that the media like to sensationalise it. Most good American people are doing everything they can to help one another, black and white.

All the best

Faeden

I personally do beleive in freedom of speech but it was the fact that he was making slur attacks at a benifit for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, which wasn't the time or place to bring up issues against the president. I thought Kanye was very insensative and selfish to do this and all because he has a vandetta against Bush.. I don't take to Bush myself, but I wouldn't bring that up at a benifite where the sole porpuse is for Katrina's victims.

Kanye have some principles and heart for those that had to listen to this where it didn't need to be spoken.

Racism is alive everywhere, everyone is Racist, it's just to what extent are you racist. Don't tell me otherwise, because most people stereotype blacks everywhere. Even if you don't want to admit it, it's true. blink.gif

I think Kanye had the right to say what he said though. In some cases, most people just don't want to believe the Government can do horrible things based on race. For example: During testing for Syphilis, the Government made all the people contract the STD. They made a cure for it but told the black persons that the cure did not work on them. In result they all died in the cure could have worked on them.

Don't tell me otherwise, because most people stereotype blacks everywhere.

By most people you mean non-blacks don't you? So then every-one except Black people are racists?

*shakes head*

Wow, what are you stupid? Sorry for the insult, but did I say that? NO

And it doesn't take a certain race to be discriminating. But black people do have an image that is stereotypes, some people take things that are not offensive as insult. Wtf, this is what p***es me off about society.

And everywhere is America :/

I am currently reducing the number of Hurricane Katrina threads, as this thread appears to be no more than an instigator of racial intolerance it's going in the reducing pile.

Also StalngradK, if you would like to define racism for me feel free to do it in a p.m.