Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Predicting Death

evanescencefan

Hello,

I want to know is it possible to predict your own death? The reason is I want to know this is that I was told a story by my mother the other night. And I was wondering if it is possible to predict your own death?

This is the story.....

My mother is the youngest of four children - Her father was close to the youngest, and was living in South Australia, Australia, while her father was living in NSW Australia. Both her father and my mother were very close to each other. I have heard many stories about my Pop (which is my mother's father and also my spiritual guide/guardian angel.)

Well Pop was very sick he had cancer in the lungs and throat. He knew he was dying so he had to tell his children - he told the other 3 children in his family that he had cancer and only had 3 weeks to live (he lived well over 12 months!) My mum was living in South Australia when mum's whole family came over to visit from NSW. Then my mother got the news and was devastated. During the course of his treatments he sent my mother letters. None of the other children got letters, he very rarely wrote letters. This is where both my mum and her dad (my pop) get very close to each other.

It was a Friday night and he had a turn for the worse. My mum and dad traveled back from SA to be with Pop. Mum got there on the Sunday afternoon where she saw Pop and Pop said to mum, "This will be all over on Monday, I promise" Then early in the morning he called the family into his room. He asked his wife of 30 years to give him a kiss, by the time she had given him a kiss he passed away with all of the family surrounded him

My pop passed away on the Monday morning at 5am!! I was shocked to hear this and was wondering if it is possible to predict your own death on a precise day when your sick??

I can see now why he is my guardian angel and spirit guide. I was the first child to his youngest daughter whom she was very close to.

EVANESCENCE FAN innocent.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tia

• evanescencefan

• 40nrockinon

• Pharoah

I think people know when they are close to death. But i really don't think when your young you can predict a date and time. no.gif

Hello,

I want to know is it possible to predict your own death? The reason is I want to know this is that I was told a story by my mother the other night. And I was wondering if it is possible to predict your own death?

This is the story.....

My mother is the youngest of four children - Her father was close to the youngest, and was living in South Australia, Australia, while her father was living in NSW Australia. Both her father and my mother were very close to each other. I have heard many stories about my Pop (which is my mother's father and also my spiritual guide/guardian angel.) 

Well Pop was very sick he had cancer in the lungs and throat. He knew he was dying so he had to tell his children - he told the other 3 children in his family that he had cancer and only had 3 weeks to live (he lived well over 12 months!) My mum was living in South Australia when mum's whole family came over to visit from NSW. Then my mother got the news and was devastated. During the course of his treatments he sent my mother letters. None of the other children got letters, he very rarely wrote letters. This is where both my mum and her dad (my pop) get very close to each other. 

It was a Friday night and he had a turn for the worse. My mum and dad traveled back from SA to be with Pop. Mum got there on the Sunday afternoon where she saw Pop and Pop said to mum, "This will be all over on Monday, I promise" Then early in the morning he called the family into his room. He asked his wife of 30 years to give him a kiss, by the time she had given him a kiss he passed away with all of the family surrounded him

My pop passed away on the Monday morning at 5am!! I was shocked to hear this and was wondering if it is possible to predict your own death on a precise day when your sick??

I can see now why he is my guardian angel and spirit guide. I was the first child to his youngest daughter whom she was very close to.

EVANESCENCE FAN  innocent.gif

825624[/snapback]

Have you ever seen the Tim Burton movie "Big Fish"? It's all about what a person could accomplish if they knew how they would die. But mainly, it's a movie about story telling. It's really sweet.

if you're dying, you'll know

but until then, for a little giggle www.deathclock.com

EDIT: Sunday, March 9th, 2042 for me, nice

Edited by jobot37

I agree with isis, I think a body knows when it will go, then it really is the will to live, if you don't want to be alive, you will die sooner.

Hi there again,

I think it sounds strange and freaky that my pop said that "It will be all over on Monday I promise" and he passed away on the Monday morning at 5am - Seems very strnage and freaky - How could he predict his own death ? I have no explanation for it but it is so freaky to me!!!!

EVANESCENCE FAN

Some people can accually do this, my mom used to work at a hospital and she would meet some people saying I'm going to die in such a day at such and such a time. She would always do exams on them and find nothing wrong with them, but they always seemed to die on the date and time they predicted. With no known cause of death either.

In nature there are many examples of animals that can sense the are dying . It also happens with humans to an extend if the death is a result of the body slowly failing from disease or injury or old age (ie not killed outright in an accident or something)

However I know when everyone is gonna die.....its 2012.....repent !!!!!

On a more personal note here is a good place to know your own time of passing (if before 2012) tongue.gif

www.deathclock.com

Have you ever seen the Tim Burton movie "Big Fish"? It's all about what a person could accomplish if they knew how they would die. But mainly, it's a movie about story telling. It's really sweet.

825758[/snapback]

god innocent.gif i love that movie! ive never looked at it that way, but now u say it i guess that is what its about..... anyway

i think that we can predict our death but god innocent.gif gave us the power of free will so we could change it unless it has to be that way

If one could predict their own death wouldnt they be able to avoid or change its course? I do believe that people know when they are close to dying though because there are many storys and things about that where a person is in there last few days in this realm of existance and they tell someone when they will pass.

I agree with the others that have said, you can't predict your time of death but know when you're dying.

Some people are even able to hold off death if they're waiting to say goodbye to someone or an important date.

Another bit of trivia, did you know people often perk up as though making a recovery a day or 2 before passing.

Hi there again,

I think it sounds strange and freaky that my pop said that "It will be all over on Monday I promise" and he passed away on the Monday morning at 5am - Seems very strnage and freaky - How could he predict his own death ? I have no explanation for it but it is so freaky to me!!!!

EVANESCENCE FAN

826276[/snapback]

Although it's a warm story, most likely there is no supernatural basis to it; it was a combination of fortuitous timing and your Pop's desire to no longer resist death. You said yourself that he had taken a turn for the worst on friday. It's certainly possible that he held on with everything he had until monday to make his goodbyes.

I have to agree with the SC ladies on this one. I've known many people (sick and/or old) who knew they were going to die in a day or two. I've even known one in particular who was waiting on a visit from a loved one. The doctors didn't know how she lived that long.

I've read accounts of Zen Masters predicting their deaths by the day but in the end, I believe you do know when you are ready to depart from this world. The sense of you giving up and letting everything go.

Edited by __Kratos__

In a matter rleated to this, I've heard about people dreaming about going on an adventure-perhaps a sailing or walking trip. This is supposed to symbolize embarking on a new path and shaking away the old. Some researchers looked into these kinds of dreams and found that they occur on average 6 months before a person passes away. I've always been struck by this, I wish some relatives of mine who have passed on, kept a journal. hmm.gif

One of my great-grandmothers did, in fact, predict her own death some 5 years before it happened. She had a reputation as a psychic also. When she was near 80 years old, she broke her hip, and in those days, this was almost always a death sentence . . . in a relative short time. When her loved ones gathered around, obviously concerned that she would die before all that long, she told them not to worry, that she wasn't going to die all that soon, and told them to the day exactly when she would die, and the date was about 5 years hence. On the very day she had predicted 5 years earlier, she did die. geek.gif

U can predict when you will die maybe you wont know the time and place but u can get a vision. Many people have the gift of premonition and with this gift u can see some glimpse of the future.

if you're dying, you'll know

but until then, for a little giggle www.deathclock.com

EDIT: Sunday, March 9th, 2042 for me, nice

That was interesting. It has me living til Jan. 20, 2041. I'd be 77 years old. I find that as odd, cause I've always "seen" myself as dying quite a bit younger. I've never been able to picture myself as an "old lady". Must be the way I look at life, I guess.

Thanks for the site!

40nrockinon :devil:

We talked about this in one of psych classes. I think you can to a point predict your own death. I've never seen myself as "growing old" & to me that kinda indicates that I'll die at a fairly young age.<_<

I know that my Dad knew when he was going to pass. He was not in the best of health, but not terminally ill. He never came right out & said it, but the year or so prior to his passing he basically re-did the house for Mom. He put in new carpeting & central heat/air. He built the house in the late 1940s so those things weren't a "standard" of homes at that time.

It's odd, but I also knew when we would loose him. I saw him on the Tues. morning prior to his death & a little voice said to me, "This is the last you'll see of him alive." I fought it & didn't do anything about it, which I really regret. We lost him on that following Friday in the early morning hours---which were his favorite. :cry:

I've been kinda outta touch with my gift, but it's starting to return. I think cause I'm actively seeking it's guidance. I think I'm in a better place mentally & emotionally to handle whatever I may see/hear. :unsure2:

40nrockinon :devil: