Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian Ships on there Way

Thanato

And as for the Canadians in this thread saying that it's the U.S. government that was keeping your people from helping.....fine.

I'm all for bashing my own government over their lack of competency.

All I'm saying is that to act like you're our saving grace and that your "help" is on the way is insulting.  Completely insulting. 

Like you have to save us?  You'll make it all better?

Gimme a friggin break.

831097[/snapback]

WoW check out your attitude, what an ungrateful,little s**t you are, any help from anyone no matter what will help. It's people like you that are not helping!!!! if you want to keep up with your self ritious attitude go for it,like it's going to help.

I'v read your posts in the past Medic and I'm surprised really

831102[/snapback]

An ungrateful little s**t I am?

I offered to give up my vacation time to go and help for free, only to be denied by my municipality.

831108[/snapback]

Thats great 1000 military(canadian) left today, and over five hundred from calgary alone left today,taking time off work so your comments about aid to new orleans is unjustified, oh by the way why didn't you go?

831114[/snapback]

Well let's see....I offered to go for free....and my municipality denied it because they said they needed me here in the county. If I had gone, I would have lost my job.

As I have a wife and 3 children, I opted not to lose my job.

What would you have done?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicTJ

• The Silver Thong

• Super Pancake

• Thanato

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is turning into a flame war enough, medic pls stop help is help. if the time ever comes you need it just say no. Stop this crap your country needs help bottom line take anyway you can get it. peace man really.

Had to add if a gang banger shoots another and you save him, what have you done for youe community except save a gangbanger that shoots innocents your a hero

Look up the Hippocratic Oath.

Then get back to me.

Edited by MedicTJ

Now THIS is something that is completely plausible.

Just strap some relief supplies to the millions that cross the border every single day.

That'll help.

Now what the hell does illegal immigrants have to do with Mexico sending aid to the United States?

Now i know that illegal immigration is a problem in the United States, but none of that matters right now. The simple fact is that Mexico is sending help to the United States. And i am sure if that Hurricane would have kept on going west and hit Mexico the United States would be sending help.

And you would have bet your last peso you wouldn't have seen me talking about how American companies have pushed the Mexican wages to a 20 year low, or how American farmers have outproduced Mexican farmers making over 1.5 million farms to go under. No sir, I would have nodded in appreciation and do what ever i could to help my falling countrymen.

831112[/snapback]

I agree fully, mexico is awsome. It's not easy living next to the states, but we have to do our best and tollerate the ignorance of the few. giving help to some is a sighn of weakness and some don't like that. But we will give it anyway no matter what.

You still haven't responded.

Have you looked up the Hippocratic Oath? Do you see what I am bound to by ethics and profession?

If you haven't looked it up, I'll tell you.....

I treat anyone that is in pain as if they are in pain. It doesn't matter where they come from. It doesn't matter what religion they follow or what ideals they cling to.

So for you to say that I'm less of a person for treating a "gangbanger" for his wounds is far worse than ANYTHING I've said in this thread.

I was doing my job.

And I'll do it again.

Had to add if a gang banger shoots another and you save him, what have you done for youe community except save a gangbanger that shoots innocents your a hero

Then get back to me.

831120[/snapback]

Yes the Hippocratic oath. Help all that you can and do no harm as a physichian ie doctor. I see how you saving a gangbanger that has no regards for killing 3 children in front of a store sharing a coke is ok, But damn look at what you said in your last posts, you want to turn away aid that could save hundreds if not thousands what is going on in your head son. The bigger picture aid equals lives saved don't you get that, and ya the gang banger with the nine mill I'll save him for last.

Then get back to me.

831120[/snapback]

Yes the Hippocratic oath. Help all that you can and do no harm as a physichian ie doctor. I see how you saving a gangbanger that has no regards for killing 3 children in front of a store sharing a coke is ok, But damn look at what you said in your last posts, you want to turn away aid that could save hundreds if not thousands what is going on in your head son. The bigger picture aid equals lives saved don't you get that, and ya the gang banger with the nine mill I'll save him for last.

831128[/snapback]

Turn away aid that could save hundreds if not thousands??????

Okay man. Let's make a bet.

If your ships save "hundreds if not thousands" by the time you get here in late September, then I'll eat a whole plate of crow.

The city has been evacuated. There aren't many left. The ones that are left will be long gone by the time you get there.

So what, exactly, are your "ships" going to help with?

And if you want to blame the U.S. government for laying back and not letting you come here 'til now...then I'm right with you. I totally agree it's ridiculous.

What I'm TRYING to say is that it is worthless for you to send a fleet of ships to the gulf when there are already scores of American ships there to handle the work.

The President sent our ships from Norfolk one week too late and now they're all gonna be sitting there with their thumbs up their asses because all of the people have already been evacuated to other places on land.

So tell me. Seriously. What are the Canadian ships gonna do?

Catch sharks?

Then get back to me.

831120[/snapback]

831128[/snapback]

If your ships save "hundreds if not thousands" by the time you get here in late September, then I'll eat a whole plate of crow.

The city has been evacuated. There aren't many left. The ones that are left will be long gone by the time you get there.

831133[/snapback]

Ok our ships will be there in 4 days, I don't think all the sick and injured will be all better by then with your bandaid sulution. our planes are now on the way after 7 days your goverment said ok.

If you want to do this all on your own then go for it protest to bush and tell him no help required we can take care of this ourselves.

Oh and a little side note here your petroleum producing facilities are offline, for a long time if this attidude of yours starts to p*** off Canadians we might just have to start charging you for the oil we are now giving you for free.

Don't be such an ass. I'm done with you.

if you take offence to ass well so be it, you have absalutly no compasion for your fellow americans that you call canadian aid a waste well what other name do i use?????????

Oh and a little side note here your petroleum producing facilities are offline, for a long time if this attidude of yours starts to p*** off Canadians we might just have to start charging you for the oil we are now giving you for free.

If you're gonna play that card, then I'll play this one....

It took an AMERICAN border guard to discover the would-be bomber that was going to lay waste to LAX airport in Los Angeles.

He got completely by the Canadian officials...and was in Canada completely legally.

I will take the high road and not comment anyfurther on this for I would like people to read it. Medic again I am surprised at your comments.

oh damn you made me do this, your goverment failed, and now you do this. SOURCE pls

Oh and Canada protects Canada we can't look out for all those that want to lay a hurt on in the states come on get real, do we have to protect you now. Oh and I loved your comments about the Mexicans earlier as well.

Edited by The Silver Thong

A man named Ahmed Ressam, an Algerian living in Canada, planned to bomb Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California, United States. He was arrested at the United States-Canada border in Port Angeles, Washington after crossing by ferry on December 14, 1999. Customs officials then found nitroglycerin and four timing devices concealed in a spare tire well of his automobile. He and three other Algerians stood trial for the crime. Ressam began cooperating with investigators in 2001. On July 27, 2005, he was sentenced to 22 years in prison.

Source, Wikipedia....read down the page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_millennium_attack_plots

medic if you want to go there lets open a new thread k, I will burn you.

oh damn you made me do this, your goverment failed, and now you do this.  SOURCE pls

Oh and Canada protects Canada we can't look out for all those that want to lay a hurt on in the states come on get real, do we have to protect you now.  Oh and I loved your comments about the Mexicans earlier as well.

831147[/snapback]

Canada protects Canada?

Where is NORAD located, and what, specifically, is its purpose?

831151[/snapback]

You're going to burn me?

Canada protects Canada notice we did not get envolved in your little protect north america missle deffence bull. You need that we don't. why do you look for enimies?

I'm not looking for enemies. You say that Canada protects Canada. That is not entirely true.

NORAD is set up between both countries so that they can monitor air defense.

831151[/snapback]

You're going to burn me?

831153[/snapback]

I was hopeing you would not take that liturale. lets open a new thread and start a discussion on terrorists if you like?

I'm not looking for enemies.  You say that Canada protects Canada.  That is not entirely true.

NORAD is set up between both countries so that they can monitor air defense.

831156[/snapback]

yes of course we do, our two countries are the closest of any two in the world, we just said no to the missle deffence project and are you trying to get this thread closed for some reason?

Then get back to me.

831120[/snapback]

831128[/snapback]

831133[/snapback]

ok lets bet I say our troops save thousands building homes, fixing generatorts, bringing in medicince,and doctors yes I will bet on the thousands to be saved. and you whats your bet.

The people on your ships are going to build homes and bring in generators, medicine, and doctors?

Where did you get this information?

You're missing my entire point here and the reason I'm upset. First of all, I'm upset with the U.S. government in handling this tragedy. I have put myself on the line this past week in saying that and still stick to it.

Things were NOT handled correctly. There was no plan in place, nor any contingency plan. Everything got screwed up and people have died.

If you could talk to a New Orleans resident who has been displaced by this tragedy and has been lucky enough to survive...and today tell them..."Canada is on the way to help....in a week".....what do you think their reaction would be?

I don't believe in conspiracies. But I DO believe in governments trying to make themselves look good in front of the rest of the world.

Again....listen to me carefully..........

There are already ships in place to take care of things. They were sent FAR TOO LATE by President Bush, but at least they are in place now. What, exactly, are Canadian ships going to do when the ships that were already sent to the gulf are now sitting there simply for effect?

They're not housing anyone or hospitalizing anyone (although a hospital ship was sent).

They're not helping with the restructuring and removal of people from the city. The National Guard has that job.

So what are Canadian ships going to do when the AMERICAN ships that are already in that region aren't doing anything but sitting there for the President to say.."Well, we sent ships to the area...and they are there."

If American ships and personnel besides the Coast Guard (which has been there since day 1 and are the true heroes in this whole ordeal) aren't doing anything but wading in the waters....then please tell me....what the hell are Canadian ships going to do?

Seriously. Tell me.

U.S. to Accept Russian Aid for Katrina Aftermath

Altogether, more than 20 countries, from allies Germany and Japan to prickly Venezuela and poor Honduras, have offered to help the United States cope with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Reuters news agency reported this week.

It's not only Canada, so I don't think they are trying to make themselves look good. hmm.gif