Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian Ships on there Way

Thanato

Okay...tell me what those countries plan to do. Are they sending money, or are then sending "ships" as the Canadians are doing?

If they are sending "ships", when do they get here? In a couple of months? And what will they do when they get here?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicTJ

• The Silver Thong

• Super Pancake

• Thanato

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is quote from that article......

Russian Emergency Situations Ministry Yuri Brazhnikov offered the head of the U.S. federal emergency management agency, Michael Brown, rescue teams and relief supplies, as well as two or three experts to coordinate the operation with American colleagues.

These people don't need more rescue teams or relief supplies. The relief supplies are in place.

What these people need is a place to live.

Don't tell me. Tell them. Although I don't see how they could be of any help in this situation.

I was just saying that Canada doesn't try to make themselves look good, that's all.

Wow, calm down children calm down.

Anyway when the Canadian ships get to the Gulf of Mexico they will be offloading there supplies, men and equipment they will then stay there as a Canadian command post and assist, when needed, in rescues. The government is preparing to send down a mobile hospitol, if the US wants it.

Also All the injured will not be heild in a week, people will still be despritly in need of supplies, They dont have everything down there and the US government needs help.

Canadian universities and collages have oppend there doors to anyone who was going to a school that is not closed do to the hurrican, they can come up here and studdie if they want to.

Canada dosnt get alot of recogenition for what its down, and quite frankly that is getting a bit frustrating, after 9/11 Canada sent down hundreds of personel and supplys and housed thousands of people who were stranded by flights, and we werent mentiond at all pritty much untill 2004 when bush desided to come to Canada after he was voted in again and said thanks, now this time i was just trying to tell the world that Canada is coming to help.

Thank you, and now stop arguing.

~Thanato

TST dont even waste your time responding to that ass! He's getting upset at the world sending aid??? oh no we dont need any actual help just send us money we will take care of it. How do you know the money they send will even make it to actually assist in the relief effort.

PS. You saved a gangmember big whohoo that doesnt make you a great person you were only doing your job. I guarantee that if you werent actually working there's no way you would have helped him. or else you wouldnt have been making a big deal about it.

Again guys I'm happy you or your nations are sending help! I guess some may have pride issues, accepting help from foreigners.

hey tjmed, just another example of cnadians trying to look good in front of the rest of the world.

i have emailed my local member of parliament and asked that we stop helping, as it seems to upset americans.

you're welcome.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...f_20050907.html

Nice jeceris, because of ONE person's opinion??? rolleyes.gif

I have decided there is nothing that I can add to this thread except that Canadian and American cities along our mutual border have always looked to each other in times of need. Only an ass would refuse a helping hand when people are dying in the streets. Also I want to reiterate that Canada offered aid immediately after the magnitude of the devastation was known. Your goverment initially refused it TJ.

I think what you all are forgetting here is, Canada and the Us have a long history of helping each other. It's no secreat the Us protects Canada, We have a military agreement to watch over them, and they have a agreement to help us in times of war..*Iraq*.. So it's a stronger for us to stand together, and we should be thankful for all the supply's they have sent.. I have no doubt we would do the same for them.

jeceris and I had a private talk, and he's venting the frustration that most of us feel at a time like this. sad.gif

It's time to get over what the govenments did or did not do. We have to pull together and get these people what they need, RIGHT NOW!

The finger pointing is a waste of time at the moment!

Thank you, anybody and everybody that is sending help!!! thumbsup.gif

as stated here before, both countries are there to help each other at times of crisis.

from the time ken whathisname smuggled out american embassy staff from iran, to the time americans came up here and helped us out after the ice storm had left us without power for weeks, it's a back and forth thing and hopefully always will be.

we are a much smaller counrty than the u.s. and when we send a ship, it's a big deal beacuse we don't have many, and i know some of you see it as a small gesture. and i've gotta understand that.

but it's still the gesture that really does matter.

anyway, enough bickering, and here's another example of canucks helping out.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...s_20050909.html

Things were NOT handled correctly.  There was no plan in place, nor any contingency plan.  Everything got screwed up and people have died.

There were plans in place, the local officials did not execute the plan they had. The Mayor, and Governor failed those people miserably.

Canada dosnt get alot of recogenition for what its down, and quite frankly that is getting a bit frustrating

Might wanna start getting used to that. The US gets this treatment around the world ALL the time.

I say Thank You Canada. And Thank you to the other countries that have helped... Kuwait, wow. And thank you to the US Army, and Bush, for taking care of what the corrupt local authorities wouldn't.

Canada is sending the most aid tongue.gif

The ships will be delayed do to the storm off of flordia, also 2 canadian Cormarant SAR choppers are in a US Coast Gaurd base doing SAR operations around the Cap Cod (i think) area. Because all the US Choppers are down in the new orleans area.

~Thanato