Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scared and Alone.

phe0nix

Hiya all. I'm D!v!nes girlfriend grin2.gif and as he rightfully said... we had one hellish deep conversation about... well, everything thats not anything. Beliefes and stuff we went into... well, made me see that some of our influences are sooo alike, it's unbelieveable. But anyways, I wanted to post this, because it still, really... and I do mean... really effects me. It did when discussing it. So... anyways, Here goes...

It started about April of this year, in this very house, on my very stairs. First off, you should know, that I am one of the happiest, and stong - willed teenagers you're ever likely to meet. Although about mid April though, I began to feel strangely connected to my stairway ! It was the weirdest thing ever, but I thought nothing more of it. I can't remember exactly when it came to me, but I began to... well, see things. It's not like, some full on thing I could physically see on my stairway, more like something I think I could of seen there. As if... it could easily be there, like I could see it in my minds eye... if you get what I mean.

It was a young girl, sitting in the corner of my stairs, with her ankles crossed, and her knees under her chin. She had long blonde hair, which came down over from the back of her head, to just covering her knees. I had this feeling she was naked, but at the same time I could semi-sence she had this peach dress on. I drew a pencil sketch of her ... if anyones interested! She was always on this damned corner of my stairs. Always (My stairs go up 8 steps, turn clockwise 90 degrees for one step, and turn clock wise once more 90 for one step, before going up a further 3 steps... she was on the second of the 9- degree turny thingys). I thought about it, and at one stage, it felt like it was a part of me, which was so weird. I'm normally happy and like... hyper and stuff, but for about 3 days, it felt like she was a part of me. Perhaps something inside of me that had died, or a personality trait that had just.... dissappeared. I'm not sure. That idea soon wore off though, and I was left confused about what she was, and why she seemed connected to both mum and I.

Okay, it gets weirder. She really effected me. And I mean, I used to cry at night for her. She brough with her this incredible sence of being trapped, and sadness. And for me to physically cry... well, was so strange. I really needed to help her. I cannot stress, how totally... sad I felt for her. It was like she was trapped here, didn't wanna be here, yet couldnt move. And always in this corner.

I finally found it in myself to confide in my mum (D!v!ne will tell you, my mums a shallow... close minded person, believes in nothing she can't see, if you get me). She said: "Well, it's funny you should say that. There have been occations I've heard a little girls voice shouting 'mummy.... mummy...' from the top of the stairs. I've gone running, questioning it, knowing its not your brother, and too young to be your voice, I've ignored it". Now that... freaked me totally. For my mum to admit that in a serious tone ? I knew she wasn't lying.

When telling my 'not-so-local' boyfriend about this on the weekend just gone, it still made me feel a little teary, and so so sad to think about her.

So I was wandering, anyone have any serious idea's ? I mean, could it be something from a past life ... or just a haunting on my steps ? I really need some advice guys... because it still gets to me...

Kacey (aka phe0nix)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phe0nix

• Aslan

• reese2

• Althalus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm. Accepting your story on face value...

Have you checked into the history of the house? I don't know how difficult that would be to do but a little objective corroboration would, I think, help matters. I mean, if we accept this sensation (bad word, I realise), as a ghost, then it is a ghost obviously attached to the house rather than any person.

Another thing. How long have you actually lived in that house? I don't believe you mention it in your post.

We were told my road was a building in WWII, which was bombed toward the end. Although... all is rumoured. I've been in my house 15 + years, so tisn't just shock of moving in or nothing. 'Sensation' as you put it... interesting choice of words. More like a depressive, heavy emotion? If that helps *shrugs*

Do you have a way to post the picture you drew of her?

Aslan suggests some good ideas, it would be a good idea if you could do some research into the histiry of the house, how old it is, who lived there before you, that sort of thing.

I have heard about this type of ghost before, it seems to be a ghost that shares two different and seperate characteristics, that are usually attributed to 2 seperate types of hauntings.

The girl that you are always seeing in the same spot over and over again, seems to be a replay ghost, one of the more common of the apparitions.

The other seems to be a normal ghost, known as a crisis apparition, I say a crisis apparition because of it calling out, and you feeling towards it, which are 2 things that are associated with them.

Yes, it could be anything, but the thing it is likely not to be, is a past life. Reading that, I just don't see how it could be a past life. Whose past life? And, if it is a ghost, then yes, it was a past life, someone's past life anyway.

I agree with Aslan, I would check the history of the house. You can usually go to a public records hall, in your town. Maybe at a courthouse, that is where they keep those sorts of things where I am from. Then you can also do a search with the newspaper that is local, and punch in your address, see what happens. Even just a street name.

Reese

And aye... took it about 30 seconds ago. Tis'nt incredibly clear... considering I drew it late one night in june !!! But if it's any help at all.... thumbsup.gif

post-56-1059599226.jpg

Ok, I am no expert, but if you drew a picture of what you were seeing, then wouldn't she be sitting, if you always see her in the sitting position? Might it be more helpful to draw it like you see it? Unless she is sitting in this picture; in that case, my eyes need some cleaning. blink.gifwhistling2.gif

Reese

You see there are many current theories on what a ghost could actually be. Al is wise to point put the possiblity that it is a replay ghost - that is a trapped image replayed over and over. Further to that, the little girl only sits on the stairs...she has not manifested herself in any other way.

The depressive feelings you get could, I suppose, also be part of the replay - some heavy emotion has imprinted itself on time and you, with perhaps a glimmer of psychic faculty, can observe the endless repetition of the little girl's black emotions.

Also, the fact that you have lived there for over fifteen years with no other problems probably lends itself further, in my opinion, to the fact that we are dealing with a replay ghost rather than a 'resident' ghost. It is, however, difficult to say.

As starlyte says, it would be helpful to see the picture.

EDIT: Just seen the picture. Slow connection. It's the dress I'm interested in, really.

lol... fair play. Its my cam thats screwed to be honest. It isss drawn as i see it. Her knees crossed around her head, and her hair falling around her. Arg, not the best picture ive ever drawn... but yeah. All i can say, is shes sat whi her knees alone aside her chin, ankles crossed and arms locked around her shins. Head between her knees and hair falling forwards.... sorry for the ... hmm, not so good piccy !

OK, I keep looking at the picture, but I think it is one of those things that I just have to come back to, because I don't see what you explain. I can't tell knees from elbows, but I will come back to it later. Hope you have some luck..

Reese

Yes, there have been cases in which replay ghosts have been imprinted on the surroundings in such a way as to make the deep depression rub off onto the witness.

But it still would not explain the calling you say was heard, I would put this down to someone playing a joke, the reason for this is you do not get the same ghost as a replay and a crisis apparition, well, not in the same place anyway.

There is Lady Jane Gray, but that is a different case.

Ok, now I see it. Well, you draw better than I do. It isn't such a bad drawing, when you know what you are looking at.

Reese

Perhaps the audible manifestation is not a joke so much as another facet to the replay manifestation. There are some quite nicely documented cases of replay ghosts manifesting themselves as only sound.

really?

Ok then, thanks. I have never come across any in any of my books, oh well as I have said before on this forum, you learn something new everyday, and no-one knows everything about all matters paranormal.

Mind you, if images can be 'recorded', then i see no reason why sounds can not also be 'recorded'.

I would suspect then the only reason why it has not been heard by many people, and not very often is that, it takes certain people to be able to hear it, just as it takes certain types of people to be able see them.

That and the right type of atmospheric condition, be it emotional or weather.

I think its the same thing to be honest, but hey, this isnt my speciality thingy. but thankies for ur views neways laugh.gif does neone have any idea how i could 'free' her ? it seems harsh tpo leave her there !

Incase people are worrying about the dress, I remember Kacey saying something along the lines of "i just remember a red dress alltho im not sure" ...

As for recordings etc, yea a webcam could be linked up, Kacey infact im sure you could link the webcam to your laptop depending if it has a usb slot. Same applies for the michrophone without the usb slot, allthough having seen the movies I doubt the camera would catch anything wacko.gif But yea damn cool love this stuff practically all iv done all day... jus browse paranormal sites - pity that about 80% is bull$h!7, whats with no replies to my orange sphere =o( lol, iv 2 more stories to post by the way. One about an unscrewing lightbulb & another about when I lost a full day and awoke with blood all over my face in holiday, scared me half to death...

Wayneh

Al, three examples of replay ghost manifesting as sound. I'm sorry I have no links, I still love the crisp feel of aged page beneath my fingertips...

Borley Rectory, to name the most famous one first - the famous cry of Don't Carlos, don't repeated endlessly in the blue bedroom (I could be wrong about the location).

The case of George Woodfall - the version I read was by Frank Usher (mid sixties, I think - Australian 'ghost')

'Nurse Black' - part of Charles Kean's autobiography - I read the Micheal Hardwick 'potted' version.

Sorry I can't do better than that. It's late, names fail me, and I don't want to wander too far away from pheOnix's original post.

Sorry. I'm catching up. If it is a replay ghost I doubt there actually is a lot that you can do. If it isn't...

This is the problem, you see, it's very hard to identify the 'type' of ghost wothout more information.

dudes.... i shall be paid on friday, and buy an extension thingy... and then i could set up my webcam and mic thing for u to watch during my working hours if thats cool. Thanks for ur help though =o)

Pheonix ,

I find this story to be absolutely marvelous . Idon't know if I can help you but I'll try .

Questions first . What do you think was the catalyst for this experience? How come this has only been happening for a short time in a house you have lived in for 15 years ? Replay ghosts are supposed to be images imprinted on a place not a person and there should have been some other sightings before this . A haunting however ( I may be wrong and don't mind being corrected ) could well have manifested slowly unoticed over time . But why just recently ? any Ideas .

original.gif

Catalyst for this... I honestly couldn't tell you. Infact... scrap that. The only thing I can think of to be honest, was my bed. If it means... anything at all, I used to sleep in my dead great nans bed. And around about April time it started to break, and we started looking for a new one. Apart from that, I really couldnt tell you. Why hasn't there been anything before? Well, I don't know to be honest. Certain times of the month, I feel closer... and kinda more intune to my environment, and more aware of the supernatural, why April? I couldn't tell you. I don't know, maybe its been going on under my nose, and I haven't noticed, though last night, convinced me more than anything that theres summat on those steps.

I came down at about midnight last night to get my diary that I'd left in my garage *where I am now*, and I think I saw what I thought was a orb. (spelling?). I'm seriously, no expert, but I've watched TV programmes !!! And it was a tiny tiny thread of light, which flashed in the corner and dissappeared again. I don't know weather that helps or not, or it could have just been my eyes, im not too sure. dontgetit.gif. If ya have any questions, feel free to ask. Let it be known, I have many more questions to annoy you guys with before I leave !

Actually, it could still be a replay ghost even if it hasn't manifested itself for the previous 15 years. As the theory runs, violent emotion stamps it's footprint on an atmosphere - but that's not to say that the ghost is visible to everybody. If replay ghosts were visible to everybody there would be legions of them in just about every inhabited location in the world. Rather, the person who sees the replay actually possesses some sort of psychic faculty - maybe a faculty as mundane as something like the ability to know when you are being looked at.

So the catalyst did not neccesarily have to prompt the haunting, only prompt the dormant psychic faculty to make the ghost visible.

Thankies for that grin2.gif. I've been told I possess some kinda... psychic ability before dontgetit.gif but who knows. Could it be that this girl is something relating to me at all? I mean like... past life, or summat? Coz, I'm still really really not sure. However, on the positive side, I've decided to go to the library tomorrow, and look up the true history of my house, I shall keep ya all updated if you're interested happy.giforiginal.gif