Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Y'all done good

mako

Recently, we had a new member (now departed *no, not dead, just departed*) that demonstrated what I have pointed out over and over in various threads and postings. The sheer venom and prejudice that this individual spewed during his short stay here pointed out that many “good” Christians, that is the ones like PA, 101, TD, SLL that are polite, friendly, concerned for the rights of others and willing to exchange ideas (although sometimes heated), have to pay for the reputation that the “bad” Christians create. This individual shows the very force behind the crusades, the inquisition, the witch and heretic burnings, the evils perpetrated against the less developed cultures, the enslavement of others, the pogroms against the European Jews, the Holocaust, the Ethnic Cleansings of the Baltics and the actions of the KKK and Christian Militias in this country. Let us remember that the large majority of our Christian members are not of this type of Christians, that their beliefs are not represented by such ilk. That they for the most part do indeed follow a gentle loving Christ (except for PA who is trying to murder all the Deists by making them snort hot coffee) and are indeed our friends, neighbors and co-members of the UM community. I want to thank the Web Master and Mods for taking prompt action in this matter and all our Christian and Non-Christian members for their forbearance. thumbsup.gifthumbup.gifclap.gifthumbup.gifyes.gif

Edited by mako

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mako

• Paranoid Android

• EmpressV

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for the mods. thumbsup.gif

Poor thing had to be misguided. I shall pray for him as well as others should to.

Sometimes our journeys are so hard. Right?

The truth is that there is no other discussion or debate more interesting and stimulating than those based upon Biblical information. It is a pity that there are those who cannot deal with this subject in rational, intellectual manners.

Thanks.

But I am no angel. I think I hurt someones feelings. But I indeed apologized. Hopefully I am forgiven.

We should all try and be as good as we can and explain ourselves to where someone will not be hurt in our rant and raves.

Mako there is perfection in this though that taken to far anything can be come dangerous, Our beleifs speak about what we understand what we seek what we stand for what we destroy, Because that particular individual is not at UM doesn't mean that mentality is gone its still alive and well somewhere else, I hope that something got thru to that person, or that wherever he goes he opens his mind, I see his issue as a serious DOGMA battle. Namaste Sheri

It was a Christian that exposed him for his true colors. As I feel there is nothing worse than a wolf in sheep’s clothing. That kind of intolerance is not what having faith is about whether you believe in Jesus or not hatred of your neighbors because of their race is just plain wrong.

I think we all saw the person for who he was. Unfortunately he will go elsewhere to spread his words of hate and intollerence. We all must realize that in a free speech society we must allow him his opinion whether we agree with it or not. I'm kind of glad that this board has a no tollerence rule and freedom of speech here comes with respect. yes.gif

Amen Mako! thumbup.gifclap.gifnotworthy.gif

**Lifts glass of beer in a toast to Mako**

Yes it is people like that that will give their respective religions a bad name. It never occured to me to think that the other Christians here could or would be anything like this individual.

I hope that something got thru to that person, or that wherever he goes he opens his mind, I see his issue as a serious DOGMA battle.
Sheri I have run into this type of person a number of times in the past, that is why I had the atittude that I did. If he runs true to form then what happened here will not change him for the better. I wish that what you said was true.

thanks mako.

you guys just need to learn when to use the ignore button. works wonders.

dang...I missed somethin' didn't I? huh.gif

May I also thank all of the posters who helped expose that member. The mods have plenty to do and will sometimes overlook things. without the aid of all our members we couldn't keep these boards as civil and respectful as they are.

So remember use the report button or contact a mod, we really do apreciate the support. wub.gif

Edit to add: Don't worry Joc, he wern't nothin special.

re:edit: that's the report button Something like laughter, not the ignore button. original.gif

Edited by Kismit

AWWW Dang! Here I am spending time with my mother, who I haven't seen in 3 years... and I've missed some hunting!!!

*cries*

Eeeehmm... sorry, but I haven't been on this forum lately ph34r.gif . Where can I find the topic that this user made?

Aw gee I miss the battle. (Darkwind, sheaths his sword, shakes his head and walks off stage right.)

101, wink2.gif

Edited by Darkwind

Indeed, its people like that who make it difficult to have faith in God and share it with others without being attacked. Its nice to see that the "good Christians" are still out there. Kudos to you guys! wink2.gif

It's an unfortunate aspect of life that there will always be extremists and hateful fanatics. Even in non-specific religions, but these people are simply refered to as 'racist' or some such and not associated with a specific religious organization. That aside, it's extremists which make life difficult for the rest of the religion, and do more against religion than any non-religious person ever could. bin Laden for example, or Amrozi (Australians will know who he is), with their fanatacism and hatred have done the exact same thing for the Muslim community, so Christians aren't alone in this hate-mongering.

That they for the most part do indeed follow a gentle loving Christ (except for PA who is trying to murder all the Deists by making them snort hot coffee)

843948[/snapback]

We prefer to use the term "Deist Cleansing".

Regards, PA

We prefer to use the term "Deist Cleansing".

Good try Mate, but I had finished my coffee before I came online! yes.gif

845078[/snapback]

Don't like those coffee cleanses do you?

And let me throw in my congrats to all you who held the line, without stepping over it.

You are better men and women, than I.