Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs - the effect of FOI on public sector

UM-Bot

Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
Since the Freedom of Information Act came into effect, government agencies have been obliged - with some exceptions - to supply records or answer questions within 20 working days of receiving requests from the public. For example, the Ministry of Defence receives around 300 requests per month on subjects ranging from questions about policy on alien abduction and recipes for curried meatballs.

And lots of less outlandish requests for access to the vast amounts of information the government holds.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: silicon.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STIX

• UM-Bot

• theSOURCE

• Iron Aden

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How would I make a request for information?

especially if I'm not a US citizen?

I'm not sure if you can request FOIA releases if you're not a US citizen.

To request documents, you must provide accurate names, dates, locations, and descriptions of the information you seek (I know that sounds contradictory, since the info is supposed to have been top secret). You must also be specific about what government agency you believe made those documents (CIA, FBI, etc.).

There's also no guarantee that you'll get what you're looking for. I know of three individuals who sent in the exact same request data, and each of them received different amounts of documents.

well there was a rash of UFO incidents in my dads hometown when he was a kid that was investigates by project blue book... so if I could get info on that... I'd like to