Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Art Bell

esoteric

Your site was recommended to me from a friend at another message board.

Very impressive indeed.

I'm looking forward to browsing through your site and contributing as well.

I have been a listener of Coast to Coast AM, specifically Art Bell for over a decade.

Are there any other Coast to Coast AM listeners here on this forum?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• esoteric

• SilverNitrate

• Methos1

• nitetripper46

I listened to it a couple of years ago. He is a very insightful gentleman.

845325[/snapback]

Yes, a couple of years ago both the show and Art Bell were at their best.

Sadly he only does 2 shows per month of late.

I have many of the old shows archived in audio.

Does anyone else hear still listen to Coast to Coast AM, Dreamland with Whitley Strieber or News for the Soul with Nicole Whitney?....or perhaps Alex Jones or Jeff Rense?

I listen to Coast to Coast AM. I haven't been listening as long as you guys though. I didn't even know about the radio station until I heard about it on that Peter Jenning's seeing is believing show. Since then I've been a pretty constant listener, although I haven't listened all that much the past two weeks because last week I was on vacation and this week there didn't seem to be any show topics that would be interesting. But Friday's open lines should be good, Fridays are almost always good. I hope JC or someone nuts calls in again so I can have a good laugh.

Yeah, it does suck Art is only doing a show 1 or twice a month now, when I first started listening he was doing every saturday and sunday, if only I would have known about that radio show sooner....I could have listened back when Art was on all week, but oh well.

I listen to Coast to Coast AM.  I haven't been listening as long as you guys though.  I didn't even know about the radio station until I heard about it on that Peter Jenning's seeing is believing show.  Since then I've been a pretty constant listener, although I haven't listened all that much the past two weeks because last week I was on vacation and this week there didn't seem to be any show topics that would be interesting.  But Friday's open lines should be good, Fridays are almost always good.  I hope JC or someone nuts calls in again so I can have a good laugh.

Yeah, it does suck Art is only doing a show 1 or twice a month now, when I first started listening he was doing every saturday and sunday, if only I would have known about that radio show sooner....I could have listened back when Art was on all week, but oh well.

845519[/snapback]

Those really were the days of cutting edge radio TEoE!!

Many of Art's older shows are available for download at some of the P2P sites, including many of his Dreamland programs when he owned that show as well.

There are some classics to be had if one takes the time to find them.

I have several hundred of his programs recorded in MP3 and they are always worth revisiting IMHO.

Whitley Strieber has taken over Dreamland now. He has free streaming for his recent programs at his site: http://www.unknowncountry.com

You may want to check that out if you enjoy the "paranormal" radio genre.

i listen to coast to coast am. but i like george noory better thatn art bell

i listen to coast to coast am. but i like george noory better thatn art bell

845598[/snapback]

Different strokes for different folks I guess SilverNitrate.

Noory doesn't, can't and never will hold a candle to Art Bell IMHO...either in breadth, depth, understanding and direction.

Art has changed over the years, however if you are at all familiar with Art from years gone by, you likely would notice a huge difference between these two hosts.

Anyone here listen to Jeff Rense?

i've been listening to coast to coast for roughly 9 - 10 years, and the old days with art were great. george is a decent replacement, much better than that mike seigel guy who ran it for a while.

as for art changing, yeah, he seems to have gotten grumpier with age, and doesn't seem to have the patience that he once did.

to whoever mentioned J.C., that guy is hilarious, everytime i hear him though, i am inclined to believe that the guy is possibly an employee of the show, spoofing some of the people who call up. but than i can be wrong, i know plenty of stupid people. either way, he cracks me up.

i've been listening to coast to coast for roughly 9 - 10 years, and the old days with art were great. george is a decent replacement, much better than that mike seigel guy who ran it for a while.

as for art changing, yeah, he seems to have gotten grumpier with age, and doesn't seem to have the patience that he once did.

to whoever mentioned J.C., that guy is hilarious, everytime i hear him though, i am inclined to believe that the guy is possibly an employee of the show, spoofing some of the people who call up. but than i can be wrong, i know plenty of stupid people. either way, he cracks me up.

848099[/snapback]

I agree that JC is hillarious.

Some say that JC is actually Phil Hendrie.

Other rumours are that JC is one of Art's Ham buddies from his 3840 group...maybe Ben. Others think that Art has made this all up and recorded JC himself.

Either way, it's always a fun night when JC appears.

Sad to think though, that there are actual folks out there that are and think exactly like JC does yes.gifblink.gif

• 5 weeks later...

i been an art bell listener and fan for almost 25 years , when art had only a local program here in las vegas ...in fact ... he used to only discuss politics.!!!.. it was when he had john lear( who is also from las vegas ) .. on his show that he started to change the direction of the format... there are alot of things i dislike about george...he sorta insults peoples intelligence, when the are telling their story .. he offers some lame explanation for their paranormal experience

well i havent been listening to c2c for that long only like a few yrs. i stated listening to it in 2003. george was the first person i heard when i started listening. art seems kinda mean so i dont like listening to art. like one time this guy called in on the wrong line and art just clicked him off cause he called on the wrong line. i havent been listenin to c2c lately cause they havent been talkin about nothing interesting lately. but since i been listening if i had to choose beetween art or george i would choose george. He just sounds better to me.

Art Bell is the Master no doubt about it in my opinion.

To all you C2C listeners how about some of your favorite guest/shows and moments on the show?

A few favorites are Malachi Martin,MadMan Markum,JC and of course Ghost to Ghost.

A favorite moment when art super glued his lips during the show from trying to fix a cart

rack.

Thanks