Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA's X-33 : Has It Become A Black Project ?

Saru

NASA recently announced the discontinuation of their X-33 project, which aimed to create a re-usable space craft which could take off from earth, dock with the International Space Station and come back again without the need for cumbersome rockets.

The project in itself has been considered rather suspicious by many, as the technology involved appears to have appeared out of nowhere. Some believe that the technology used in the X-33 has been developed for many years in various black projects.

Prototype testing of the X-33 was successful, and yet the project was scrapped. With such a technological advanced craft available to NASA at the cost of only some further development work and testing - why would they give up on it ?

No matter how many problems they were having with the craft, it's unlikely they would scrap such a potentially revolutionary machine.

The theory suggests that the X-33 has become a Black Project, due to the fact that it was later decided that details of such technology should not yet be releaed to the public. Are NASA continuing work on the X-33 in secret ?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• reese92

• FarvLarion

• Tommy

Ever thought that maybe the project has always been marked "black" from the start??    Maybe, it really wasn't a project at all, but a show of sorts?? It really makes ya wonder, huh??  Take care.  :-*

• 2 months later...

I know, I have worked for a rather large company that works on these things for a while now and I have seen things, Government contracts that probably were never suppose to be seen by me.  I have knowledge about the X-33, and the three others just like it.  They are still being worked on, and for reasons unknown they are to be built and tested in another part of the world.  I cannot tell you any more than this, partially for two reasons, I don't know, and even if I did, it is partially top secret.  Hope this cryptic hope for a responce can help you at all.

Farv,

Just curious, but your member profile shows you to be 18 years old. Who could you be working for that would put you into possible contact with 'top secret' componentry? Isn't there some sort of age or clearance restrictions put on sensitive contracts? Sounds like pretty sloppy security to me. Doesn't give one much confidence, does it?

Magikman

• 2 months later...

It's unlikely that the x33 project has turned into a black project since work is now under way for the x-43A. I believe that the technology has been reassembled and modified for the latest NASA X projects.  ;)

X-43A info...http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/hyperx.html

A little more information on the X-33. NASA's Second Generation Reusable Launch Vehicle Program - also known as the Space Launch Initiative - is making advances in propulsion technology with this third and final successful engine hot-fire designed to test electro-mechanical actuators.   The test of twin Linear Aerospike XRS-2200 engines, originally built for the X-33 program, was performed Monday, Aug. 6, 2001 at NASA's Stennis Space Center, Miss. So the propulsion systems are still being researched. Of course I'm wondering if Mississippi is what Farv was referring to when he stated "in another part of the world".

On the X-43A, each aircraft will fly up to ten times the speed of sound to demonstrate "air-breathing" engine technologies. Each high-flying experimental aircraft will fly within a test range off the southern California coast.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]