Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NEW : Chat Room Sounds'n'Slaps Addon

Saru

Well here it is - following the popularity of the slaps and sound effects at Wednesdays Live Chat - this addon includes 21 new sounds and almost a dozen new 'slaps' for you to play around with in the chat room. To install, simply download this self-extracting archive, run it, and install it into the same directory as your mirc chat program, overwriting popups.ini when prompted.

You need to have Mirc installed first before this addon will work - if you havent already installed it, see the previous thread.

The file is now up on the server at :

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/soundsnslaps.exe

To play a sound, simply right click on the nick name list on the right of the chat screen, and select "Play a sound" on the menu. To use the new 'slaps', left click on the person you want to slap, then right click, chose "slap someone" from the menu and chose a variety of slap.

You can also use your own .wav sound files in the chat room. To do so, move the wavs you want to play into your mirc folder, then in the chat room type /sound followed by the wav file name of the sound you want to play.

For example;  /sound hello.wav

Remember, other chat users will have to download your wave file before they will be able to hear it. If you see someone playing a sound file you don't have, type an exclamation mark followed by their name, followed by a space and then the wav file name.

For example;  !JohnSmith hello.wav

In the same menu as the sounds and slaps are some new drink popups, as well as the usual compliment of moderator commands for channel mods.

If you have any problems getting the new addon pack to work, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Have fun.  :)

:su

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• SpaceyKC

• Althalus

• PurpleStuart

Am i correct in guessing that i can edit my popup.ini to include my wn custom stuff? if so whats the syntax? (or a URL to a help file would be cool)

PS,

There's quite an extensive help menu located in the toolbar of the main IRC chat screen. It goes into great detail about how to add things to your popup.ini.

Magikman  :sg

for some reason only some of the actions seem to work

:(

in particular none of the slaps, and all of the drinks apart from the cocoa.  the rest work fine, also the options are visible in the popup menu

Thanks SaRuMaN  ;D

All working fine for me.  :s03

<Tommy slaps everyone with a 3 foot inflatable Alien>  :su

Tommy

:sh

I had the same problem as Althalus, but then quite by accident I found that if you start at the top of the 'slapping' list first, and click on the trout, clicking on each action following down the list will then work. The same for the pictures, start on the smilies and work straight down the list.  :s03  I could randoming pick the sounds and they worked right away, so I guess that was never a problem. Sounds strange, but give it a try if you have trouble after first installing the add ons.

Magikman  :sg

* - BTW, nice selection SaRuMaN, I particularly enjoyed the Barney and hamster assassinations.  :s2  :s04

Glad to hear you like them.  ;D

You can add your own stuff by editing the popups.ini file, or by going to the popups section in the program itself. The dots in front of commands represent the menu structure. The format is for example;

Slaps

.Do A Slap: / me slaps $$1

( no space between / and me )

Where $$1 comes out as the nickname youve selected in the list. "Slaps" would be a main menu option, and "Do A Slap" would appear in it's sub menu.

As for the popups not working - thats a mystery. The popups are the same on my copy of mirc and they work fine. They can only be in one order, so it's very strange that they don't work properly on someone else's.  ???

Does the program produce an error message, or do the popups just not do anything at all ?

The multiple smiles and the cocoa work fine the others don't do anything with no error coming up either, the slaps do not work at all.  tried to do what Magikman suggested, still no good.

ok the popups are working now, I slightly altered the popup.ini file and they now want to work, knowing my luck though, for how long.

Althalus,

What did you change in the popups.ini to make it work ?

all I did was to add spaces where there wasn't any, before each action.  I know it shouldn't have done much, but it seems to work know, so....

Althalus,

Okay, at least if it's working now you shouldn't have any further problems with it. It's strange that only some of them worked and some didn't - since they are all next to each other in the file, either they should all work or none of them should.

Still, if anyone else has this problem, let me know, and I'll look into it further.  

:sk

Thing is you have to know something to be able to ask a question!  I still don't know what I'm doing,  but I do have a question  ???   I know,  I make no sense -  see how much trouble I have with me!  :s01

Do I have to be in the chatroom with other members,  to see if it works?

The kids downloaded the program (I think)  and went into the room last night.  They had me slapping myself!  :s2

Nora,

There doesn't need to be anyone else in the room for you to test out the addon - but if your kids had you slapping yourself then it's a good indication that it's working perfectly.

LOL!!  SARUMAN!!

And thanks......(I think?)  :-/

KC (struck out again!)

:s03

Actually using the slaps on yourself in the room when theres nobody else there is a good way to test that they work. You can also use them on Chanbot if it's there ( Chanbot has been known to speak when the mood takes it ). ;D

If you are able to play the sounds and use the slap and drink popups, then the addon is working properly.

:st

Thanks again!

Wasn't sure about setting up Chanbot -  didn't want to offend!  :s4

BTW,  Gareth,  I have an idea for discussion on Sunday -    'what would each of us do with our lives,  if we had proven psychic ablilities?'  I thought of this after I  found that test website.  ::)

Nora,

Thats a very good topic for the next chat. I think it's a good idea for us to set a topic for discussion each time - saves the whole thing descending into anarchy.  ;D

:s02

Wait a minute..........are you saying that Chanbot isn't a real person?  :o  Man, there's another weekend shot to hell.  :s04

Magikman  :(

* - Another possible topic of discussion for Sunday's chat, "Where's the best place to find a date?"  :-/

the Mediterranean,  they grow alot round there...

... or have we already done that joke?

Everything works just grand, Ta!

POOR MAGIK!!

If you just hadn't let those pictures of you get all over the internet!  It doesn't leave us much to work with!  ;)