Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Shadows

evanescencefan

Hello All,

I have been reading the messages on this message board about Shadows and seen many pics to support these people's encounters.

Well I have a theory that I think may spark some interest and debate. My theory is that the shadow people that some people see or encounter maybe our spirit guides, or people that we know that have passed on to the other side. Is there anyone that supoorts my theory at all?

What do you all think? Is there any other theories?

devil.gif EVANSCENCEFAN! devil.gif

So you are saying that they are just another form of a ghost?

Different kinds of ghosts do exist. Poltergeists, apparations, wraiths, shadow walkers all of these are examples of different types of ghosts, with their own properties. So your saying that all shadow walkers represent someone that is deceased, but someone that is a relative to the person that witnesses the sighting ?

i belive they are made from dark matter i dont belive they are ghosts no more but i still belive in ghosts i just dont think shadow people are ghosts

i suport your theory im very open minded. anyways, i have a question and sry to get off topic, but i hear all these reports about people seeing shadow people. in my life ive seen 2. but sometimes i see something completely different yet similar. i see energy just floting around. it almost looks like nueral dicharges or sometimes even when you stare in a light for a while then look at a wall. they come in all shapes and sizes. are these things intelligent? are they real? has anyone else seen them? are these related to shadow people? also i havent seen them in a while. i've trained my self not to see them so now for me to see them i have to look for them.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'shadow people', but I will assume that the following anecdote will suffice a translation?

I once lived elsewhere in an apartment complex with an ex-girlfriend, I had lived there for a number of years without any kind of 'paranormal' activity. Anyway, late one evening my 'ex' decided to retire early to bed, whilst I would remain watching a programme on TV until the end. She had only been gone about 30 - 45 seconds, when she came back into the living room somewhat shaken and a little scared. She told me that as she opened the door to the bedroom, she came face to face with a 'humanoid' shape of blackness which seemed to walk towards her but faded in the process of doing so. I of course, immediately checked things out, but nothing unusual could I report.

Well, some couple of months later, I was working a nightshift and had come home early in the morning and after a little snack went to bed. My ex was at work and would not be home until around 6-30pm. As this was winter, the days were short and the nights were long, so sometimes I would awaken to the early evening gloom, not quite dark, but getting there. This particular day I was awakend by what I thought was a voice, and being unfamiliar with the sound of the voice, I sat up in bed bolt-upright, and I thought I saw a darker 'humanoid' shape standing out against the lighter gloom of the early winter evening close to the bed. I actually spoke to it and commanded it to go away (the actual words cannot be written here), and I could swear it just disssolved in front of my eyes. Is this what is considered a shadow person?

Later, I concluded that eidetic imagery was projected from my consciousness as an hallucination. It was the only way to explain it. I did not tell my ex of the episode, as she had to sleep there whilst I was at work. Nothing else unusual has ever happend while we lived there.

Regards

Elysiumfire

yeah dude im ONE of those poeple..ill be sleeping,,then ill hear something and when i look all i see is a shadow..not only that but there are stories and stuff. let me explain tongue.gif

near this part of my town there are legends of the man in black....shadows...and other things. like for one story this kid wakes up and looks up and theres a shadow at the end of his bed with these cat like eyes. theres also a ghost story on it.

"john hardigan was in the hospital after a grusome car crash. his wife hailey hardigan was waiting outside until she heard this hearse and all of a sudden this truck pulls up and shadow like things with cats eyes jump out and go in the hospital..she sees them take out something body like..and when they drive away...haileys husband is DEAD"

but this isnt a story near our town..this is a story i read in some book. but still i see shadows... they dont really mean to harm anyone..they just watch us through mirrors..tv...even COMPUTER SCREENS..they dont harm us...

• Like 1

Hi welcome to UM. I think shadow people are more on the line's of a demon or evil spirit. I have seen dark shadow's out of the conner of my eye before, and yes i believe that could be a ghost. After my Father passed, I'd see a shadow going down our hall all the time, But that is not the same as seeing a full shadow person standing near you. So i guess to me i think they are two different type's of spirit's.

See you have ghosts which were once people, alive and breathing, then you have entities that were never living nor dead. For Say, let's say someone had enough emotional output that is could form a spirit not of this world. This is a shadow person. A shadow person is a spirit not of this natural world. It has never lived but was created by someone.

Some people believe they are other people essences while they are having out of body experiences...it is my belief, however, that they are just your average, everyday ghost...

Hello All,

I have been reading the messages on this message board about Shadows and seen many pics to support these people's encounters.

Well I have a theory that I think may spark some interest and debate. My theory is that the shadow people that some people see or encounter maybe our spirit guides, or people that we know that have passed on to the other side. Is there anyone that supoorts my theory at all?

What do you all think? Is there any other theories?

:devil: EVANSCENCEFAN! :devil:

I am affraid I must disagree..... You see these "ghosts" if you will seem to mean much more harm than good. I've read a few experiences about them, and have had a few shadow experiences myself.

Anything that can strike such fear into ones heart means you no good, and I've read theoried (which I agree with) which explains that they feed off negative energy. I've met someone who, everytime he sees one faints unexplaindly and wakes up scratched up.

Also some of these shadow ghosts don't even resemble humans.

I saw a shadow once... scared the hell outta me!!!! so I moved, left then right trying to shake it..... IT FOLLOWED ME!! eventually I was able to shake it by turning around... but then the sun was in my eyes! DEMONS I TELL YOU, DEMONS!

My brother once saw black shadow type things when he was younger. he would call them big black sploches and they would move around hos room or follow him on his way to school is this the same thing you guys are talking about

Edited by jesspy

I have seen many of these 'shadows' - spirits pass through my home all the time.

For the ones that linger - I thank them for coming then send them off to the light.

I always seen black shadow.. when i bed.. i read book.. then.. Black shadow.. walk beside me.. my eyes. stop move and see black shadow.. shock me.. and.. i look at.. still there.. smoky.. black shadow walk beside of me.. when i was on bed.. smoky.. freak :cry:

I still see black shadow.. in Dark.. always in dark.. that s why. i hate dark.. sometime.. i used to be not afraid of dark.. but i see black shadow in my back and floor.. anywhere.. i can see ghost.. and i was 4 years old.. i saw devil crawls on attic.. My parent saw what i act.. really scary.. too fast move.. like reall.. i see devil.. really ugly.. beast.. it not pretty.. it really stink and horried..scary.. eyes and teeth. are so ugly.. with dirty.. one time. when i go to bed.. i going to sleep but i cant sleep. because.. door is open.. i stare at the door and. i saw shape of man.. with coat .. i see black coat and with hat.. big hat.. like a he.. he.. man.. i see long hair.. black hair.. his eye dark red. glow.. he did grin at me and my body are really sweat.. so bad.. god.. my leg so shaken.. really shaken.. then my bed over my face.. and somone sit on my bed.. shock me. somone sit on my bed ant i check it make sure. that no one sit on my bed.. i look it.. and no one sit there and ghost.. i dont see human.. FREAK ME OUT.. My leg put my butt.. no one touch my feet.. no way.. later.. i fallen sleep.. that s scare me.. ever in my life :wacko:

That sounds terribly frightening. And the fact that you were 4 years old made it much worse for you. I hope that it doesn't happen anymore since you are older.

I can relate to this, I know someone that has perceived dark shadow like figures that have only been seen through her eyes.

Allot of people consider these things as a chemical inbalance of the brain, but I consider it to be the devil, for religion is much older than science, so it has the greater knowldege and aspect of life than any scientific explanation.

Yes, these "shadows" are dark and evil spirits, that dwell on earth to corrupt the living that are blind or fearful of them, they are much more powerful than human being because they both live in the spiritual and physical world, you have to be prepared for demonic spirits when they come.

well ive seen MANY shadows where theres not supposed to be one. i turn to ge the thing get scared out of me, and 25% of the tiem its mine from various lights, or someone elses or something else ( like a lamp , stick etc )

well ive seen MANY shadows where theres not supposed to be one. i turn to ge the thing get scared out of me, and 25% of the tiem its mine from various lights, or someone elses or something else ( like a lamp , stick etc )

Wouldn't be suprised, but I'm referring to things you can see only with your eyes, and no one elses, not regular shadows like your referring too.

I saw these things when I was about five, and recently started seeing them again. Yes, SOMETIMES you're seeing something out of the corner of your eye. But twice I have watched these things for longer than 20 seconds.

Personally, I just think they're restless spirits wondering around and peeking in on the living. They could also be 'The Watchers'.

I don't know about all this 'evil spirit' stuff some of the other posters are saying, I do know that out of the three I've seen, only one tried to scare me. I'll say this, not all of them are evil. They're just like people, some good; some bad. But be weary. Myself, I prefer to not see them at all.

Edit: I guess I should clarify that I'm not christian.

Edited by Kadius

I saw these things when I was about five, and recently started seeing them again. Yes, SOMETIMES you're seeing something out of the corner of your eye. But twice I have watched these things for longer than 20 seconds.

Personally, I just think they're restless spirits wondering around and peeking in on the living. They could also be 'The Watchers'.

I don't know about all this 'evil spirit' stuff some of the other posters are saying, I do know that out of the three I've seen, only one tried to scare me. I'll say this, not all of them are evil. They're just like people, some good; some bad. But be weary. Myself, I prefer to not see them at all.

That would be considered the devil's mind trick, he comes and approaches those people very slowly until he finds the right moment to cripple them.

There are lots. Demons, vampires, thoughtforms. . .....

Or an entire different breed of creatures (which is what I think).

There are others evils besides demons.

PS -- Evanescence SUCKS. They stole everything from Lacuna Coil (see Cristian Scabbia, my beautiful avatar).

Edited by Infrazael