Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost mother

manitou

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Somewhere around the 1850's there was supposed to be this woman who travelled with her mother. The woman must have been already in her 30 or 40's, the mother was becoming an elderly lady. On this trip from India to England [home] they decided to stay in a hotel in Paris. Then the mother got sick and she needed medication. The woman managed to make clear to a doctor she needed medicine and the doctor agreed on taking her to his office to get it. The trip took a while, since there wasn't very fast transportation then and the office was on the other side of town. Anyway, she got her medicine and she headed back to the hotel. Once she arrived her mother was nowhere to be found. Although the woman recognised the hotel and it's personnel, they did not know anything about her mother, and claimed she arrived by herself [this varies in different variations of the story, some say the personnel don't recognise her]. Her mother disappeared and so did her past. It got erased, like psychobeauty's story about the picture and the suicide told about.

The woman went crazy.

Of course there is noway this can be accurately verified. The woman could be suffering from some mental illness projecting the existence of her mother into her mind and then confusing police officers. Also, the mother could be kidnapped or murdered by the hotel's employees for her money or jewellery. Anyway, these stories give me the shivers, suppose it did happen....

That would really, really suck.

yeah i read this story in a book. in that version her mother was sick with a deadly virus that can wipe out the population so they made the daughter go get the medicine, while they take the mother someplace( like a lab) then they try to trick the daughter saying that she never arrived with an elderly women..

they were just trying to keep the virus from escaping or the population getting scared.

Theres a movie on TV about to come out that is similar to this story. Except its a young mother with her daughter. They get on a plane, the mom takes on a nap, and when she wakes up, her daughter is gone. The staff of the plane claim she NEVER had her daughter with her on the plane, that she got on alone.

Edited by LisaMHD

Theres a movie on TV about to come out that is similar to this story. Except its a young mother with her daughter. They get on a plane, the mom takes on a nap, and when she wakes up, her daughter is gone. The staff of the plane claim she NEVER had her daughter with her on the plane, that she got on alone.

Yeah Im really looking forward to this movie, sounds pretty cool. The movie is called Flighplan, definitly worth checking it out

Flightplan

Edited by Baku

hey i saw this on Fact or Fiction, on Sci-Fi the story about the mum and daughter at the hotel. the mom was ill and the hotel sent a Dr. up to see the sick mom, the Dr. prescribed some meds and sent the daughter of to the pharmacy, when the daughter returns hotel clerk and dr. say they don't know who she is and there is no sick mom, the daughter runs up to the room withboth men on her heels and she demands the hotel clerk to open the door, and well there is no mom and the room is all different, conclusion this was fact, and the daughter sued the hotel and Dr. saying they tried to cover up the illness which was a communicable virus, and either her mom died or they killed her, never found the mum.

moral is if you are sick on vacation go home.

lol~

Edited by suenamilyn
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Isn't this a similiar variation to Flightplan?

• 3 weeks later...

hey i saw this on Fact or Fiction, on Sci-Fi the story about the mum and daughter at the hotel. the mom was ill and the hotel sent a Dr. up to see the sick mom, the Dr. prescribed some meds and sent the daughter of to the pharmacy, when the daughter returns hotel clerk and dr. say they don't know who she is and there is no sick mom, the daughter runs up to the room withboth men on her heels and she demands the hotel clerk to open the door, and well there is no mom and the room is all different, conclusion this was fact, and the daughter sued the hotel and Dr. saying they tried to cover up the illness which was a communicable virus, and either her mom died or they killed her, never found the mum.

moral is if you are sick on vacation go home.

lol~

So they proved that it really happened? WoW How much money did the women get in the lawsuit assuming she won the case?

Yeah, read about it before.

Quiet good, dont know if its true or not.

Thanks,

geeeeeeez this just baffles me for some odd reason