Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lights

Anirbas

I remember when I was younger my brother and I LOVED to sleep in the floor! Of our rooms, living room, wherever we could get - well one night we were in the living room in our "tent" Anyway we were both on the verge of going to sleep....and this light totally lit up the room! It did it only for a second and then a few seconds later it did it again! It wasn't like a flashlight light either. My brother being brave sat up and was like did you see that and I was like yeah and he was like what was it and I was like I dunno - and we were both like scared to death and our eyes were wide open etc. I later thought it might have been lightning BUT there were no storms and no tunder. Any suggestions what it really was?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anirbas

• Bizarro

• Blood Angel

• PurpleStuart

one night something like that happened to me. it turned out to be a meteor streaking across the sky. i thought a police helicopter was outside my apartment window shining in, so i ran and looked up and saw a huge glowing green ball of fire. it lit up the night, making it as bright as daytime. the light totally lit up my apartment for about 10 seconds. maybe it was a meteor?

Well perhaps it could have been but wouldn't it have crashed or something eventually?

some don't crash, they are just fireballs on their way to somewhere. the one that night here exploded and made an earthquake. it was quite scary.

That would be quite scary!

Anirbas - I assume you've discounted lights from passing traffic?

no - they wern't car lights - the road was facing the other direction than the lights

LOL no I don't think so! We would have heard/seen them get up we could see the hallway from where we were

I..barely understand what the first post says.

i have made this type of comment before but have you ever thought it might have been ball lightning, no storm needed...

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

No offence Mr. Thorley but are you an idiot? Perhaps a course in the English language would be a good thing for you. No one else had a problem with it.

I never thought of that Blood Angel - but it's still fun to think we thought we were gonna be abducted original.gif I think - and granted my memory could be distorted cause of the time - but I think the light lasted a good thrity seconds or better - does lightning last that long and doesn't it have to have thunder with it?

Ball lighting is a phenomenon (sp?) it hasn't been captured on camera as of yet but its silent, moves slowly usually attracted to static electricity prone objects like televisions, and theres no thunder and usually leaves the smell of ozone.

ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

Lightning can occur on a clear sky..

And ball lightning:

My mother told me that they had ball lightning when she was a kid and it went in thru the chimney and stayed in the middle if the room for a few seconds..and then out thru the wall leaving a 20 cm smoking hole in the wooden door.

(allmost burned the house down) It went with the wind-draw(not sure of the right word)

And they didn´t have electricity at hers back then.

And she also told me about an neighbour that had ball lightning right thru a tree (not a flash..a ball) that made wood chip out of it.

Now. my mother doesn´t tell farytail stories and is very strongminded and sceptic to most things that is unexplained....

COOL. anyway, once i was sleeping in a hotel in florida, and i was just barely awake when a light just lit up the room. it didn't even last a second, perhaps a nano second, but it was enough for me to open my eyes and wonder "what the heck"