Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Upgrade - Work in Progress

Saru

Thanks Wabbit, merged thread with the one Saruman started to answer all the questions regarding the forum upgrade.

:blush: glad to be of service :P

I really love this new look... UM is amazing :):tu:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• wabbit

• thebarman

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but whenever replying to a post, it will only post the last quoted post. I know it probably helps in cutting down clutter of needless quotes, but it's hard when you have to reply to a post that someone has broken into three or four quotes and I need to address each specific section.

Any ideas?

Regards, PA

This was done to stop mass quote embedding, if you want to address seperate parts of someone's post, the easiest way is to copy and paste each part into your own quote boxes and respond to each one individually, instead of just using the +quote option to quote the whole thing all at once.

A further update has been released by Invision Board to address some of the issues reported in the new forum version.

We will be upgrading to this tomorrow, which will hopefully finalise the bug fixes and resolve the remaining problems.

Update:
  • Board upgraded to IPB 2.1.1
  • Post screen post box now fits the screen correctly
  • PM post box now fits the screen correctly
  • 'Save to sent folder' checked by default on private messanger
I am working on fixing the remaining issues mentioned in this thread, if you find any more please post them here.

When writing a post there is the overwrite feature on for some reason. Drives me insane to have to re-type a whole paragraph. :hmm:

When writing a post there is the overwrite feature on for some reason. Drives me insane to have to re-type a whole paragraph.

It's fine for me, are you sure you haven't pressed the "Insert" key by accident? That catches me out sometimes :tu:

It's fine for me, are you sure you haven't pressed the "Insert" key by accident? That catches me out sometimes :tu:

I'm sure. :)

Try typing something then go back to a word, put the cursor in the middle and type a letter. It goes straight to overwrite for some reason. :unsure2:

I'm not having a problem with that either, it's definately not a site issue.

Try typing something then go back to a word, put the cursor in the middle and type a letter. It goes straight to overwrite for some reason. :unsure2:

Tried it, it just adds in the letters like normal, open up a word document and try it, then you'll know if it's your computer or not.

Tried it, it just adds in the letters like normal, open up a word document and try it, then you'll know if it's your computer or not.

Nope, in word it works fine with no overtype. :blink: Beats me... :blink:

I think that we can have a lot of idioms or languages of different countries in a different modules on the forum. In other occasion i put a topic of that. I want know now if this will be in use.

A greeting :lol:

[*]'Save to sent folder' checked by default on private messanger

I have to say, i definitely prefer it when the 'Save to Sent' folder was not checked by default, since when it is i have to uncheck it everytime before sending a message.

Is there a way to switch this individually, so one can have it checked or unchecked by default at ones leisure?

Sorry no, that feature isn't built into the forum software.