Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Upgrade - Work in Progress

Saru

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• wabbit

• thebarman

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

I noticed if you post in fast reply you get single spaces when you hit enter to move down a line however when you post in add reply you get double spaces if you hit enter.

I love that "Check Post Length" feature.. it's hilarious that one can post 1024000 characters... and this post is 177 characters long :w00t:

great job.. I love it! :tu:

The spell checker is now fully functional on the default post text editor, click the 'abc' icon to check the spelling in your post.

If only that feature was better known to some people .... :rolleyes:

Hrm. Everything looks nice, but I just have one little issue. When I'm posting I'm used to using shortcuts for tags. alt+g to add an image, alt+h to add a link, etc. Those don't appear to work any more. Anyway this can be re-enabled?

One thing I've noticed, it seems to be a lot quicker loading, which is much appreciated. :yes:

When I'm posting I'm used to using shortcuts for tags. alt+g to add an image, alt+h to add a link, etc. Those don't appear to work any more. Anyway this can be re-enabled?

It might be possible to find a modification to re-enable them, can't say i've ever used the shortcuts to be honest.

Will there be any new forums?

Yes several, once all the upgrade issues have been ironed out.

so we can't have a banner in oour blog at all anymore???

SaRuMaN, Maybe once IP Dynamic comes out you could buy & use it as the main page :) Vectura webmail would be a good add-on also, when it comes out. I love WYSIWYG so much I've just bought IPB ^_^ SaRuMaN, could you add some RSS feed bots to post on the forum, like BBC RSS and Space.com RSS.

so we can't have a banner in oour blog at all anymore???

Actually I think the content block being above the blog was a bug with the template on the old version, it wasn't actually meant to be there. It was the right hand column displaying in the wrong place.

The way it is now is how it's supposed to be.

SaRuMaN, Maybe once IP Dynamic comes out you could buy & use it as the main page Vectura webmail would be a good add-on also, when it comes out. I love WYSIWYG so much I've just bought IPB SaRuMaN, could you add some RSS feed bots to post on the forum, like BBC RSS and Space.com RSS.

We use a custom built portal which is designed specifically for this site, so we don't actually need IP Dynamic.

Vectura webmail though sounds interesting, I had the announcement about that in my inbox this morning. An onsite email system is an interesting idea for the future.

I don't like the idea of using RSS bots in the forum though, our current news system is sufficient I think.

Vectura and IPD are what won me over to IPB indefinitely. You could make Vectura paid, as in have users subscribe to it for a monthly fee, like a yourname@unexplained-mystries.com email for oh say $7.95 monthly. It's what I'm gonna do.

This is truely excellent. I'm discovering all these new features everywhere and loving it. Oooh look, new colors and fonts!!

Hey here's a question. Is it, or would it be, possible to set a specific font and color, and then have that font/color etc be remembered for future posts?

I wondered what the heck was going on. But the forum looks better now. ^_^ Great job with the upgrades.

Thanks for the upgrades. Love the new Quick Edit function - that's gonna save some time :tu:

Pages seem to be taking a couple of seconds longer to download than they used to though (not sure if that's just me or there's something with the site). A couple of seconds isn't that much...... it's just strange, that's all.

Regards, PA

I need to check on something. And I'm not sure if it's the pages or my old eyes.

But does every other post in a thread have a lighter shade of blue than the one above and below? IE Darker lighter darker lighter and so on?

If not I need to see an optometrist.

I need to check on something. And I'm not sure if it's the pages or my old eyes.

But does every other post in a thread have a lighter shade of blue than the one above and below? IE Darker lighter darker lighter and so on?

If not I need to see an optometrist.

I think I see it to... perhaps we both need some crazy pills? ;):P

All these new command buttons... life is good. :D

Is it, or would it be, possible to set a specific font and color, and then have that font/color etc be remembered for future posts?

Sorry no, there isn't any way to do that.

Pages seem to be taking a couple of seconds longer to download than they used to

Page loading times are the same as they were before, if it was going slower it was because you were accessing the site at peak time with a lot of people online.

Well spotted, it's actually meant to be like that, this is the first time i've kept the two different colours instead of making them both the same.

SaRuMaN, WYSIWYG isn't working correctly, I'm afraid you haven't enabled it to work right in the ACP yet.

As I mentioned a few posts back, the WYSIWYG editor has been disabled by default due to problems with it working on some people's browsers. It is enabled in the ACP, but if you want to use it you need to select it manually from 'My Controls' in the 'Settings' section.

How does the rating system work?

Is it an average of all the ratings so far? I notice that you can change your rating so if a thread gets better or worse presumably you can change your rating of it accordingly, which will then affect the average.

Is this correct?

How does the rating system work?

Is it an average of all the ratings so far? I notice that you can change your rating so if a thread gets better or worse presumably you can change your rating of it accordingly, which will then affect the average.

Is this correct?

Yes it's the average of all the ratings, I might change some aspects of the rating system depending on how it goes, so that could change at some point. It is possible to have a rating only appear once a minimum number of ratings have been made for a particular topic. It is also possible not to allow members to change their rating of a topic, although I figured that it would better reflect the current state of a topic if ratings could be changed.