Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heaven And Hell

Event Horizon

I heard a theory from a mediun that when you die the concept of heaven and hell or what you experience is manifested into what you believed heaven or hell is like when you were alive.So simply you create your heaven or hell.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 777MileStare

• zandore

• Oubli

• A vortex

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Event Horizon:

I believe you have an awesome point. I personally do not believe hell as literally being in the "bowels" of the Earth, brimestone & fire, etc. I believe we make our own hell. It is a state of mind.

As for what Heaven is, I'm as confused as the next person! <_<

Edited by amybutts

I believe we make our own hell. It is a state of mind.

As for what Heaven is, I'm as confused as the next person!
You answerd your own question. A state of mind but after the fact.

I heard a theory from a mediun that when you die the concept of heaven and hell or what you experience is manifested into what you believed heaven or hell is like when you were alive.So simply you create your heaven or hell.

I have stated it this way

Heaven or Hell is what you make it to be. :tu:

I have stated it this way

Heaven or Hell is what you make it to be. :tu:

Hell is what you make it alive, so you don't have to suffer it after you die. Heaven is what you deserve if you succeed. You have to go through Hell to go to Heaven.

Hell is what you make it alive, so you don't have to suffer it after you die. Heaven is what you deserve if you succeed. You have to go through Hell to go to Heaven.
No.

The context of what I was saying is that, heaven and hell is a state of mind. It is how you feel about what you have done in your life. If there are things you did that you are ashamed of or if you are happy with the things you have accomplished.

In the Christian context, heaven and hell to me are nothing but works of fiction.

IMO I think of these two as adjectives to describe a state of beieng Hell being a really bad day, being in a relationship that is hell, this is a hellish hot day, hoping someone you are mad at "rots" in hell ( knowing full well thats not possible because there isn't really a hell) Heaven to me is having an hour to do just what i want I have said this is heaven, eating a really gooey choclate cake this is heavenly, again not an actual place ,when I told my kids there is no easter bunnys or Santas or tooth fairys no Gods no heavens no hells, they said I knew that or I thought so, Namaste sheri

Fairytale or not, "Hell" is not even a Christian concept, it was a pagan Greek concept that the Christians copied to make their new religion more familair among the pagan Greeks who were there biggest converts. The concept of "Hell" before this paganization of scripture was being devoured by "dragons" that resided in Heaven (according the the Apocolypse of Baruch and other works). This may have a connection with the dragonlike beast that swallowed the souls of the wicked in Egyptian mythology. There was no punishment of a fiery Hell in the old Testament which Jesus endorsed as the word of God. It was "added" by his followers after the fact.

Edited by draconic chronicler

You answerd your own question. A state of mind but after the fact.

You said it is a state of mind 'after' the fact. Amybutts wasn't answering the question, because there was no question.

No.

The context of what I was saying is that, heaven and hell is a state of mind. It is how you feel about what you have done in your life. If there are things you did that you are ashamed of or if you are happy with the things you have accomplished.

In the Christian context, heaven and hell to me are nothing but works of fiction.

Again, you said 'after the fact', this is about what you experience right now (not just a state of mind ) that you feel is Heaven or Hell. How I understand it is that you go through it in daily life. You don't plan to go to Hell, some 'plan' to go to Heaven. I myself have no plans for either. So what I go through is either Heaven or Hell in my life now.

I was hoping I was right about it, but you see, 'life' itself is a 'dying' process. According to some people as well as I do...

You said it is a state of mind 'after' the fact. Amybutts wasn't answering the question, because there was no question.

Amy sort of had a question and I tried to answer it. :tu: So yes there was a question.

Love to all

In all you be in all states of being in all you are as you walk here

Heaven or hell exists in ever thought then you live in the planet of choice earth

All states of being live in the perception of how you see it your judgments

In spirit we sit in love of all for all you do here is what you do and all are truly love

Heaven and hell live in the earth plain and is the creation of every individual in every instant as her or see walks here

Love to all you be

now you have heard it from a channel ;)

have fun and party hard

:wub:

Amy sort of had a question and I tried to answer it. :tu: So yes there was a question.

Define "Sort of" without a question mark.

Love to all

In all you be in all states of being in all you are as you walk here

Heaven or hell exists in ever thought then you live in the planet of choice earth

All states of being live in the perception of how you see it your judgments

In spirit we sit in love of all for all you do here is what you do and all are truly love

Heaven and hell live in the earth plain and is the creation of every individual in every instant as her or see walks here

Love to all you be

now you have heard it from a channel ;)

have fun and party hard

:wub:

IF only you knew. The OR in 'Heaven or Hell' is where the existence is a question. I have no one to ask. So go ahead with love and communicate, but if you have a question, be careful to ask. That is all I can say for now....

IF only you knew. The OR in 'Heaven or Hell' is where the existence is a question. I have no one to ask. So go ahead with love and communicate, but if you have a question, be careful to ask. That is all I can say for now....

:) by have a awesome life

Define "Sort of" without a question mark.

Read it this time.

See no question mark!

Read it this time.

See no question mark!

Let me show you that it wasn't a question, it's a statement: but can be turned into a question.

"As for what Heaven is? I'm as confused as the next person."

So I understand you say "sort of" about - 'I'm confused as the next person'- but not in her answering her own question if she asks "As for what Heaven is?".

That is what I mean. She didn't ask. It sounds like a question, so you assume she asks and then you say "you answered your own question".

Event Horizon:

I believe you have an awesome point. I personally do not believe hell as literally being in the "bowels" of the Earth, brimestone & fire, etc. I believe we make our own hell. It is a state of mind.

So you can make your own Hell, it's a state of mind, NO QUESTION. We make our own Hell, NO QUESTION.

As for whta Heaven is?

Question: Is it a state of mind as well as what we make all our own?

Or are you as confused as the next person, being that if you make your own Hell> that there is no possibility of making your own Heaven, because of that confusion???

This picture will say it all. :no:

post-12356-1128196338_thumb.jpg

Of course there is Heaven and Hell.But this concepts were created for the human mind to understand them.Heaven is green, etc...Hell is fire, etc.....The concepts are made for the limited mind of humans.I'm sure it's smth else, maybe similar with this ones but i hope i'll find the first one :P

This picture will say it all. :no:

Monkeys are people too, 'as confused as the the next person'. :w00t:

Edited by PFlack

I remember a friend who was in a show once without me.... Her director was very involved in parapsychologicalesque studies. (Wow, that was an awkward word.... or pseudo-word....) I cannot recall at the moment, but he had "evidence" that lead him to believe that our concept of Heaven and Hell is skewed.... and that the life we live now is Hell. Our ascent from this Hell (death) signifies our atonement, our forgiven state. We gain a tabula rasa state of existence and are able to live in a Heaven-like afterlife.

I don't know if I believe it, but it's nice to think about.

I don't even know if I believe in an afterlife. I only pray I can spend eternity with my loved ones.

That was the simple way of putting it for some people. But what is being asked is, do we make it for ourselves, or does someone (God/Devil) make it happen for us? So there is the way you make it for yourself if (God/Devil) doesn't, and the way you 'go' when you believe they do.

Then there are those, who are spiritually and not religiously involved who still think you make it for yourself. I happen to be one of them, actually...

Hahahahaha, I totally got what you were saying, Zandore! ;)

And yes, I was welcoming anyone else's answer. :)