Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tournament match results

Saru

Dowdy (white) Vs thebarman (black)

thebarman wins, good game mate :tu:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Talon

• thebarman

• Subtemperate

SaRuMaN (Black) vs TheBarman (White) [Wins]

Well played. :tu:

( Of course you realise this means war :lol: )

:gun::lol:

Yup, I want that joint second place from the last tourney, stupid Egypt trip meant I couldn't finish my games!

BurnSide (Black) vs Janiel (White)

BurnSide wins.

thebarman (black) Vs Talon (white)

Game drawn,

finally I can stop sweating nervously at my desk, my eyes were watering after staring at the screen for so long trying to pick my moves precisely.

Good game :tu:

finally I can stop sweating nervously at my desk, my eyes were watering after staring at the screen for so long trying to pick my moves precisely.

LOL, well you didn't make a single mistake, in fact you came up with some moves that were actually better than I thought was you're best move. It was a close game, I think it would have required one of us to make a huge mistake for it not to have ended in a draw. :tu:

You're far stronger this tournment around. In fact, according to the scoreboard you'll get second place if you get through the rest of you're matches with one or less losses. :huh:

You're far stronger this tournment around.

I made more mistakes last time, this time I'm taking it steadier. I got all excited early in this tourney when RHP let me take on more games than I could handle and I underestimated Kratos and Subby, which was very stupid.

I found that setting up a board on RHP the other way up gives me a better perspective, it's easier for me to see what the other player is trying to do. I also tried to take on board your advice about knowing the consequences of your moves, any more tips for me :P

I found that setting up a board on RHP the other way up gives me a better perspective

Is this in Anyalsis board or can you turn the boards upside down, cause I've tryed to find a way of doing that but never found one.

any more tips for me

Yep, don't get checkmated :P:lol:

Is this in Anyalsis board or can you turn the boards upside down, cause I've tryed to find a way of doing that but never found one.

:blink: ...am I the only one that turns my monitor upside down..... :P

joc (white) vs Burnside (black)

joc wins...amazingly enough ^_^

Good game Burnsy!!

Don't be silly, Joc! Turning your monitor upside down is way too much work! :blink:

Just do like I do: Stand on your head! :P

That's what you call destroyed joc. That was your game from the start. Well played, i didn't even see that check comin. :)

Forgive my redundancy:

Click Print Board

Click Flip Board

That's it.

It doesn't give you the ability to move but it does enable you to see the board from the other players perspective.

Edited by joc

Smart

Well actually....not that smart...it reverses the king and queen so it isn't a true perspective. :no:

Don't feel bad, Burnsey! :) Talon is in the process of wiping up the board with me. :cry: Perhaps I'll be better mentally prepared for our second game. *fingers crossed*

Anywho,

Dowdy (white) vs. Elfstone (black) [wins]

Very well played, Dowdy! You made a lot of good moves and even forced me to sacrifice my queen (ya meanie! :P).

I have to share this (though probably you had to be there to find it amusing). When I made that last move on our match, Dowdy, I knew I was putting you in check but I didn't realize it was checkmate. For some reason it hadn't dawned on me that my knight was covering the square where I thought you'd have to move. I was sitting there studying the board and trying to plan out how the next few moves would go when I realized it said "rematch". I was like, "REMATCH? WHO WON? . . . oh . . . :blush: duh" :D

SaRuMaN (White) [Wins] vs Colorless (Black)

Well played. :tu:

Talon (black) vs Dowdy (white)

Talon wins

That was a good game Dowdy :tu: It was even for at least 70% of the game, I was actually beginning to think we'd dug ourselves into a stalemate.

joc (black) vs Colorless (white)

joc wins

Good game Colorless! :tu:

BurnSide (Black) vs Dowdy (White)

BurnSide wins. Good game mate!

AshleyStarchild (White) vs Colorless (Black)

Ashley Wins

Good game there Colorless, you held on for a long time :tu:

I also had a win against Richdog, but I don't think he's in the tournament anymore, is he?

joc (black) vs Janiel (white)

joc wins

Good game! :tu:

Dowdy (black) vs Ashleystarchild (white)

Dowdy wins

Jeez, it's about time i won one