Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

Saru

Richdog, I challenged you. :yes: I thought about seeing if it would let me challenge the Barman, because I figured we'd be more closely matched if he were trying to keep track of nine games at the same :devil: time, but I didn't think it would let me and I hate rejection so . . . :D

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• __Kratos__

• BurnSide

• Subtemperate

It's just 6 games now, don't know if the site will screw up again and let me play more than that but you're more than welcome to give it a try :tu:

Hrmm, i have two games that have been waiting for quite a few days. Anyone know where justcallmefox has gotten too?

And Richdog, been waiting for your move for a few days as well. :P

I challenged Richdog, but he hasn't moved yet and it's been a couple of days. I'm going to delete the game (we can play later Richdog) because as it stands he'd be starting with a partly-depleted time bank and that wouldn't be fair.

So, Kratos, still got a free spot?

Yep, I do. :)

Heh, Burns... Richdog hasn't moved for a couple days for me either. :P He's a slacker! ;)

Now guys, give Richdog a break. He's walking wounded after all. Possibly the pain killers are knocking him out, or at least making him too unfocused to concentrate on his chess game. ;)

That game isn't worth playing Thistle. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'd blame it on alcohol but, unfortunatly, I don't drink :P

I'll play it to the end, but you can claim the victory any time, if you wish. Just tell me to resign, so it'll be official.

Hey talon check you thing

I challenged you

I challenged you

You'll probably regret that :P

That game isn't worth playing Thistle.

Don't give up so easily Snake, there's still plenty mileage in this game and it could still go either way.

:tu:

I removed richdog from my list, since he's nearly timed out without even starting yet. :) Challenge whenever you're ready Rich mate.

I challenged you

Are you sure? I have no match between us on the site

*sigh*

Will someone who moves more than once every 36 hours challenge me? I have one space open and want to play some CHESS!!

Will someone who moves more than once every 36 hours challenge me?

Done

Cheers!

I just want to add - please feel free to take any and all timeouts that come up, participants who regularly time out in their games will end up being removed from the tournament anyway.

If you do take a time out, it does count as a win for you, so you can post it up on the scoreboard as usual, although if that participant does end up being removed, then all their scores will be discounted.

Unfortunately this is the only way to keep things moving along without making the scoring unfair in the process.

Will do. Don't have any yet though. Getting close mind, haha.

*sigh*

Will someone who moves more than once every 36 hours challenge me? I have one space open and want to play some CHESS!!

:lol: I know the feeling... Next time you get a free spot I'll play you. :tu:

please feel free to take any and all timeouts that come up

That kind of defeats the purpose of the game, to me at least. I'd rather try and earn the win. :)

If you give them infinite time to play, odds are you wont finish all your games before the tourney ends. Plus, the win is useless anyway if they're disqualified for timing out too much, so that'll be a hard game won, useless.

Best to just take the win.

Im running out of people to play....

Sorry, my fault :P

Our game would've lasted longer if I just used the pawn instead of my tower. :(

One space open, someone challenge me, please.

how long do we have to finish one game? I've been playing with Saru for over a week now. How much more time do i have left?

There is no time limit on a game which is running and both players are moving on a regular basis, the limit applies when one player doesn't move for days on end.

When this happens, the timebank bar will slowly drop until the other player can claim the win by default. The other player will have to have not moved for over a week in order for this to happen, or will have to have been inactive for periods of time totalling to over a week.